TMA1010 01-Nov-17
Pigsticker 01-Nov-17
Franzen 01-Nov-17
PECO 01-Nov-17
PECO 01-Nov-17
elkmtngear 01-Nov-17
Woods Walker 01-Nov-17
31-Oct-17
Well tonite I usually sit in the driveway and pass out candy.had a bunch of black kids dressed like foot ball players and their parents?,come up into my yard when they seen my flag and do that knee crap.then had the gall to come and ask for candy.I'm sitting there wearing my air national guard hat,cause sometimes vets bring their kids around.I told that bunch to get the hell off my driveway with that crap.what is this country coming to.

31-Oct-17
Good for you! I'd have done the same.

31-Oct-17
Thank you Dan for standing up for the flag. How old were the kids? I would be hard to not choke someone in that situation.

31-Oct-17
double post

31-Oct-17
Throw some candy after them. Heavy caliber. See the squirmiest run.

31-Oct-17
I'd say elementry kids.pitiful.

31-Oct-17
The blame needs to go to the parents and the education/indoctrination camp we call school. Those kids are really to young to know what they are doing. Maybe they will start asking questions after you denied them their "free" candy.

31-Oct-17
Peco, LOL.... Maybe im missing something, but how exactly does school get the blame here??

31-Oct-17
PECO is correct. The parents of the "real" football players taught them the same way, and probably their parents did too. This crap didn't just jump up out of nowhere.

In answer to your question Box Call, this country is going to hell in a handbasket !

31-Oct-17
Yep the parents and education system in to blame. Good for you!

31-Oct-17

Buffalo1's Link
BOX CALL you went Gran Torino on'em !! Good for you.

And thank you and the many others for your service to our country.

31-Oct-17
I am completely opposed to anyone disrespecting the flag but you guys all got suckered by politicians. The original protest by Kapernick was not about disrespecting the flag - it got turned into that when the discussion was changed by a politician that wanted to make points.

I'm not a veteran but I know several personally that believe that their service was, among other things, to ensure we could practice the First Amendment. I think what those kids did was wrong and I would have told them so but you cannot deny their First Amendment rights to do that. Just like seeing entertainers like Kid Rock wear clothing made like a flag bothers me a lot but that's his First Amendment right.

31-Oct-17
Way to overreact to a halloween costume! Some kids came to my house dressed as vampires so I stayed those blood sucking SOBs right in the heart. Not on my watch

31-Oct-17
I think you did the right thing in the wrong way, it could have been a moment of learning on their part and instruction in proper flag etiquette on your part. I think that is the way I would have done it. And if they weren't receptive, then curse the little turds out:) Sorry if your house gets toilet papered tonight:)

God Bless Brother, and thank you for your service!

31-Oct-17
I just can get it out. Can I borrow some toilet paper tomorrow?

31-Oct-17
Why is it Box calls responsibility to teach them proper flag etiquette?

This goes right onto the parents in my eyes. If I would have pulled a stunt like that I wouldn’t have been able to sit down for a week.

31-Oct-17
Stupid free speech and equality - how dare they? Stick to your values.

31-Oct-17
Sorry, Phil, but you got suckered by your left-wing media narrative. CK's exact quote, when wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt in the news conference, was "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people". Hell yes, it was all about disrespecting the flag. The media just twisted it around.

Those little jerks came onto Box Call's property to exercise their rights (and get free candy) and he exercised his by telling them off.

31-Oct-17
Way to go! We just had over 200 kids and teens come through, thank God I didn't have to see that. I don't know what I'd have done.

31-Oct-17
I'm curious what the parents said after you gave them no candy and your response to that? I would have done the same thing, pretty disgusting what this country is becoming

31-Oct-17
"Hell yes, it was all about disrespecting the flag. The media just twisted it around."

Are you sure Kaepernick didn't mumble a comment about racial inequality and justice during his tirade that was ALL about disrespecting the flag?

You are right on one thing. Folks are twisting his comments around to form a narrative.

31-Oct-17
Jacquomo, I’m not a left-winger. Read that quote and it’s clear that it was not about disrespecting the flag. It was to protest what he felt is oppression of black people. I’m not saying he should have done that and for sure he has no First Amendment right’s in his workplace but he wasn’t disrespecting or protesting the flag or anthem. You can take it that way if you chose but you’d be missing the point.

31-Oct-17
I'm guilty of taking people at their word. He could have said lots of things lots of different ways, but he said what he said. He was protesting the flag to promote a cause. He couldn't have phrased it any more succinctly.

I get that there is perceived racial inequality. I also get that many are offended by those who refuse to "show pride in the flag" and make it into a symbol of racism and inequality.

Question is, who decides when it's ok to stand for the anthem again? CK? Al Sharpton? Maxine Waters? Or will this "protest" become a part of our ripped national fabric forever?

31-Oct-17
That's an easy question to answer. In a workplace the employer makes the rules. In public the Constitution is the rule.

Dragging Sharpton or Waters into this discussion doesn't add anything except to point out your obvious bias. Trying to paint me as a liberal is the same. Stick to the relevant points and don't try to discredit someone because you disagree with them.

31-Oct-17
"I'm guilty of taking people at their word. He could have said lots of things lots of different ways, but he said what he said. He was protesting the flag to promote a cause. He couldn't have phrased it any more succinctly.

I get that there is perceived racial inequality. I also get that many are offended by those who refuse to "show pride in the flag" and make it into a symbol of racism and inequality.

Question is, who decides when it's ok to stand for the anthem again? CK? Al Sharpton? Maxine Waters? Or will this "protest" become a part of our ripped national fabric forever? " I agree fully Jaquomo. He hates America and evidently he forgets that even though he feels blacks are being oppressed by whites so bad, his parents that raised him are white.

31-Oct-17
"Something new" should be on the community forum.

01-Nov-17
Phil, reread my post. I didn't "paint" you as a liberal. Rather, I painted the mainstream media as liberal, which is where the false narrative is being promoted. If you want to believe it, that's your business.

Accusing someone of bias for simply asking an honest question is another liberal tactic. Why not just come right out and call me a racist? I named two black leaders. Nothing more. I didn't insult or denigrate or otherwise besmirch them. I acknowledged their leadership and implied that its time for them to start uniting and stop promoting racial division.

"Don't try to discredit someone because you disagree with them"? Ahem....

01-Nov-17
The problem as I see it is: They THINK they are protesting racial inequality and we KNOW they are disrespecting our flag.

Sorry to lump all of bowsite in with me...

01-Nov-17
Strong work Box Call.

There's a lot of disgusting things going on in this country right now, I don't think standing up for the flag and promoting patriotism are one of them.

01-Nov-17
Box Call, good for you and yes the kids have been misled by adults, educators, politicians, news media, and the celebs of whatever version.

The people in this country better figure out what is important and quit splitting hairs that is devisive in and of itself. Our elected officials have failed to unify the country because it is easier to remain in power devididing and pitting one group against the other than do the hard work and focus on commonalities. I do not want to hear from anyone who was raised by white parents, makes millions playing a game, and celebrates a dictator like Fidel Castro speak for a collective group about oppression. Sadly, there are those amongst us that will think that this is about free speech. If that is what you think; why don’t you start protesting something at your work that results in lost revenue and see how long you remain employed.

01-Nov-17
If I come up to your house and take a dump and your front step, it's simply okay if I tell you I'm not disrespecting you or it's okay because I feel it brings to light some perceived bias against me? Let's get real folks.

01-Nov-17
Fields, The schools are an indoctrination camp for liberal agendas. K-12, it isn't just Berkely and Boulder.

01-Nov-17
Fields, The schools are an indoctrination camp for liberal agendas. K-12, it isn't just Berkely and Boulder.

01-Nov-17
Someday they'll learn that you can't disrespect the flag and still get the free candy.

Hopefully enough NFL Owners will take their candy away, until they get it.

01-Nov-17
Kape won't stand for the flag but he damn sure has no compunction about taking the MONEY that that same flag represents. What a hypocritical phony, or maybe just a dunce.

• Sitka Gear