Bake 19-Dec-17
bowbender77 19-Dec-17
Jaquomo 19-Dec-17
Brotsky 19-Dec-17
Scrappy 19-Dec-17
Scrappy 19-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 19-Dec-17
18-Dec-17
WHY do most hunters feel the need to do this?! It's almost comical.

18-Dec-17

Dirty D's embedded Photo
Dirty D's embedded Photo
I have no idea, it's really disheartening... :)

18-Dec-17
It makes the deer look bigger. Does it bother you.

18-Dec-17
I do it all the time with fish... I don't care what anyone thinks.....

18-Dec-17
I always thought it was so fat hunters would look smaller?

18-Dec-17
that deer should weigh in at about 3800 lbs.

18-Dec-17
Doesn't bother me. Just curious, is all.

18-Dec-17
Reason I ask is because I just saw a bonafide 190" buck that a guy shot, a guy who has killed a lot of big deer, and he still stiff-armed it?

18-Dec-17

18-Dec-17
I'm thinking of making "custom arm extenders". Think that there is a market ;)

18-Dec-17
Next you're gonna be against girls with small hands........

18-Dec-17
I dont much get it. But whatever guys do is their deal, i reckon. Some guys you can tell it wasnt their objective, it just turned out that way. Others, just makes ya smile and shake ur head.

Bou, does it bother you when things bother someone else?

18-Dec-17

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Too late pointingdogs.......

18-Dec-17
Lol TD....

18-Dec-17
That is hilarious! I agree, nothing worse than a great buck that is stiff-armed!

18-Dec-17
Thanks, guys. I always appreciate your sense of humor. I know it was a lame question on my part so I apologize if I offended anyone. The fish finger idea is hilarious.

18-Dec-17
Use to call it doing the catfish. First seen it done on a Virgil Ward advertisement.

18-Dec-17
So the antlers look bigger. It's called little man syndrome I think.

18-Dec-17

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
This one's legit, rifle kill though.

18-Dec-17
That's sweet !!!!!

18-Dec-17
Stiff arming and manscaping make everything look bigger... if you’re into that :)

18-Dec-17
If you have short arms, it's tough to sit behind an animal without your arms all the way extended sometimes, depending on the angle.

18-Dec-17
cnelk.....The shorter the grass the taller the tree.... I went on a hunt one time and when they did the picks they tried to get me to "take a few steps back"....I was like NO WAY....needless to say I wasn`t in any brochures.

18-Dec-17
I call It "the Chuck Adams game pose"....he has been doing long arm photos a long time.. I think its ridiculous..

18-Dec-17

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
Prehistoric muley
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
Prehistoric muley
Another too legit trophy for my kid!

18-Dec-17
Irish subspecies...

Yeah, I got ripped on for making the same observation. Some of these guys you’d think they’d need to be careful to make sure that their tag is valid in both the unit where the animal is AND the one where they were sitting for the photo.

I saw one pic of a ram so big you could park a Jeep inside of the curl....

18-Dec-17
I really wonder why people cant find a better thing to worry about . Wow are we supposed to set our chin on their freakn head? Really??????

18-Dec-17
I do have more important things to worry about but I am not worried. Just laughing at the photos. Think is funny. They need arm extenders to go with the fish fingers.

19-Dec-17
If people don’t pay attention to how they take a photo it’s easy to make the animal appear smaller than it is. So people have figured out how to tastefully get “everything out of the animal” in a photo, and maybe embellish a little.

Then there are those that take those same ideas and just go overboard. I don’t think I go overboard, but I’ve also never been charged with making a big animal look small :)

19-Dec-17

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
Here's how I take pictures of fish.... This is only a 24" pike.... But I have a great photo in my opinion... not gaudy but putting the fish forward makes for a better picture... same with game.... not sitting 10 yards behind the animal... but with the animal a little forward to make it the focus of the picture....

19-Dec-17

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo
Just do it for laughs..

19-Dec-17
The thing that really ruins my month is not the stiff arming but the guys that don't smile in the photo. So very unfortunate. They look like they are getting an enema half the time.

19-Dec-17

GotBowAz's embedded Photo
GotBowAz's embedded Photo
donneybowhunter, you beat me to it, the Chuck Adams long arm. LOL. Call it what you want but the only reason to stiff arm like that is to make the animal look bigger than it is. I like seeing the pictures of all harvests but in most cases the blatant long arming seems a bit much. Im gonna get me an action figure, LOL

19-Dec-17
too Funny!!

19-Dec-17

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
I agree its comical, but it doesn't bother me. The secret is small kids with photos. I have to try some of those photos above.

19-Dec-17
Awesome! I need to play more

19-Dec-17
I never understood why guys don’t smile and have that “tough guy” look in trophy photos. Crazy!

19-Dec-17

DEC's embedded Photo
DEC's embedded Photo
Years ago I caught a goby on Lake Erie while fishing for walleye. No choice but to long arm something so small.

19-Dec-17
Next animal I kill, I'm sitting in front of it.

19-Dec-17
Lots of great "Chuck" pix here.

19-Dec-17
Some of those photos are awesome!

19-Dec-17
I don't even notice it too much anymore. Pics are so deceiving sometimes. I just try to look at the deer body and ears to gauge, because the person reference really screws things up.

Elk side pics are the hardest. You have a camera 3 feet from the close antler, and it makes it look HUGE! But they're harder to scale when you try to look at it.

I really don't mind the long-arm pics. You'll always get some pics that look better than others if you're like me and take a LOT of pics. Some of the best composed ones can make the animal look a lot bigger than it is.

Jaquomo had a pic of a nice muley a few years ago where he was kneeling next to it. One of the better trophy pics I've ever seen. I've tried to recreate it, but mine never look that good.

19-Dec-17
I think a little long arming is fine. I like the focus to be on the animal not my ugly mug. But I think it's up to the hunter. I also really like pics of just the animal as it lay, maybe with a gun in it. Personal preference, I really don't care how others take their pictures as long as I can make out the details of the animal.

19-Dec-17
"Jaquomo had a pic of a nice muley a few years ago where he was kneeling next to it. One of the better trophy pics I've ever seen. I've tried to recreate it, but mine never look that good.".... Bake, could it be there was more antler on Jaquomo's? Just a thought. :)

19-Dec-17

Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
Just get a wide angle lens and everything looks like a giant - this bull was a respectable bull from NL but the wide angle makes it look like it's 2x bigger than it really is. :)

19-Dec-17

Cmon man...

19-Dec-17
Embry. . . I'm sure that is part of it. Also, he's lighter than me, but about half a foot taller :)

I won't compare X-rays either

19-Dec-17
To quote a world famous political gangster....."WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE ".

19-Dec-17
That x-ray object was related to me "long-arming" it...

19-Dec-17
I imagined a picture of a guy in the Heisman pose stiff arming a buck on the way to the end zone when I opened this thread. Let down once again.

19-Dec-17
Im the long arm king. Im not even in the picture and made his antlers look huuuge. It's a really cool pic but the more I look at it the more comical the antlers look. They are just huuuge.

19-Dec-17

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Ok here is the huuge anltered pic

19-Dec-17
I like that picture Scrappy.... I would crop it so the deer and the bow fill the frame a little more.... and call it good......

• Sitka Gear