greenmountain 29-Dec-17
IdyllwildArcher 29-Dec-17
gottoohunt 29-Dec-17
drycreek 29-Dec-17
cnelk 29-Dec-17
drycreek 29-Dec-17
greenmountain 29-Dec-17
27-Dec-17
Some of the older hunters here might be able to relate. It seems like years since I have been pain free. A gentleman here helped me through back repair. Yes, having someone who has gone through it offer encouragement helps. I am off to Russia next Saturday for my last assignment before surgery. I have been working toward a short recovery. I had a great hunting season this year but the meat pole was not filled by me. A close friend got a buck and when one of scores we all do. I hope everyone here understands the merits of the hunting process are greater than the results of a particular hunt. I wish you all a a great new year . Bob

27-Dec-17
Hope your surgery goes well. Just follow the dr's orders and recover properly. Pain and hunting are about like oil and water- they just don't work well together.

27-Dec-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Welicome to aging. Just look at it as a speed bump in life. Keep a good attitude and look forward to a better future. I’ve had more surgeries than I can count on my fingers and toes. This is a picture of my brother. He’s had cancer for 15 years. Lots of surgeries too and just got a new leg for Christmas. He’s excited for next years hunt. He’s missed two seasons but is hot to go next fall. Sometimes life has us lay low for a period of time. Hope everything goes well for you. I’ve had two spine surgeries. Still enjoy hunting. Just got a Desert Ram three weeks ago. My surgeons first words to me was loose weight.

27-Dec-17
Shoulder surgery a month ago hoping to be able to be ready for next season!

28-Dec-17
hang in there and be active with your rehab. i injured my back two days before season opening this year and had the pleasure of my first ambulance ride. im determined to make it out to a stand at least one day this season, if not it will be the first season since 89' that i never set foot in the woods during season.

28-Dec-17
Hang in there Bob and good luck with your surgery. After 20+ surgeries, all I can tell you is "attitude is everything". Don't quit doing what you love to do. Sure, I have days when I can't do anything, but most of the time I get after it and hunt harder than most.

29-Dec-17
Hello Guys: I reread my thread . It sounds like "poor me". I had not meant to convey that message. I have it great compared with a LOT of folks. I had meant to say that although surgery is not on my top ten list I should be better able to walk in the woods after it. It think hunting and preparing to hunt keeps many of us motivated.

29-Dec-17
Pain is part of life. It's part of getting older. Ask 100 ninety-year-olds if they have pain, how much, and where it is... you'll be surprised at their answers. Getting old is not for the faint of heart. It also helps to not have beaten the crap out of yourself your entire life.

29-Dec-17
I started hunting in 1964 (I was eleven) and until the fall of 2016 never missed a year but August of 2016 had two rods attached to my spine and was in a brace till January of 2017. I was able to start shooting my bow and had a Coues deer hunt scheduled for August in Arizona. Then along came spring turkey season and I ended up dislocating my left shoulder on April 14 and had to have surgery on May 8 to reattach a tendon. So my August hunt was cancelled but I rescheduled a Coues deer hunt in Mexico for January of 2018, (I'm already got my clothes packed and shooting my bow most days). I was able to bow hunt 33 days this fall (with more days to come) with reduced poundage on my bow. I was able to take a pretty good buck in Ohio on Halloween. You have to have a good mindset push through the little bit of pain and listen to your doctor and the physical therapist. Good hunting to everyone and happy new year. gottoohunt

29-Dec-17
Ike is right ! I know exactly why my knees hurt, and my shoulders, and can still tell you how and when I injured all of them.

If I had known I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care of myself !

29-Dec-17
Best wishes to all!

29-Dec-17
5 years ago I cut my hand at work. Severed 8 tendons. Even after about a year of PT I still lost 20% of finger/hand function [Im right handed] but I can use triggers - lol!

It has turned into a great weather predictor! :)

Pain is ongoing, but manageable

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

29-Dec-17
^^^^^^^^ Ouch !

29-Dec-17
Lost 20% That is not bad for a year down thee road. It is a long road back but I bet you work it all the time. Keep pushing Gently.

• Sitka Gear