kota-man 29-Dec-17
Jaquomo 29-Dec-17
TD 29-Dec-17
Jaquomo 29-Dec-17
t-roy 29-Dec-17
28-Dec-17

Ironbow's embedded Photo
Ironbow's embedded Photo
Going through some old Bowhunter magazines I caught this photo of two of Bowsites regulars side by side, Jaq and Boubound. There used to be a section where you could send in your photos and they were published in the magazine.

28-Dec-17
Cool

28-Dec-17
I see 3 bowsiters names. Andrew is a regular also. Great photos guys.

28-Dec-17
Studs!!!!

Thanks for sharing the old school memories

Good luck, Robb

28-Dec-17
Number "8" Andrew Manukas is a Bowsiter as welll......a trifecta!

28-Dec-17
I've been reading some old ones too, which issue is that?

28-Dec-17
I was clearly outclassed.

28-Dec-17
Nice tennis shoes.

28-Dec-17
That is fantastic!!!!!!! You old-school badasses!!!!!

28-Dec-17
What a great find!

28-Dec-17
Didn't know Andrew or I would have included him. Grant was on the previous page too with an antelope.

Feb/March 1996 issue.

28-Dec-17
Right on! It's awesome you guys all hang out here. Wealth of history in information is shared. Thanks guys.

28-Dec-17
I love looking through my old ones.... I believe I found and posted a photo or two of pat years back

28-Dec-17
Thanks Ironbow, I'm pretty sure I have that one around. I have a TBM or Bowhunter (maybe both?) with Pat's interview(s) about how Bowsite started. Those are the only two mags I've always saved each copy of since getting into bowhunting 25-odd years ago.

28-Dec-17
Your sure those weren't photo shopped. Great pictures back in the day. I actually remember those ads!

Note: Lou isn't wearing any camo than his hat.

28-Dec-17
Wood, I have all but 4 or 5 copies of Bowhunter, missing some of the very first ones. Would love to find them and complete my set. I started in 1973.

28-Dec-17
Wow. You guys are old! LOL! I think you had to actually pay to have pictures developed =D.... pretty cool.

29-Dec-17
That's too funny! I didn't send the photo in - the Muzzy folks did that since I was a Pro Staffer in those Days of Yore. That was my Muzzy Pro Staff hat.

If memory serves, that buck was shot in '89. I came back to CO from running a project in the East and only had the last day of the season to hunt. Had a giant nontypical walk by at 10 yards at first light but no shot. I was kicking myself when this guy came along a few minutes later on the same trail.

Honored to be posing next to Grant. I don't think Fat Albert had created the internet yet, but I'm sure he had Bowsite on his mind when he finally unleashed it..

29-Dec-17
Jeez Lou, if there'd have been another book in the Bible after Revelations, you'd probably be in that too...

29-Dec-17
Outstanding...

29-Dec-17
Great photos!

29-Dec-17
Todd, thanks for the post and always glad to see old timers when they were younger. This reminds me of when BB (elk) and I (Big Horn Sheep), had a story in the same magazine, ie, Western Bow Hunter, many years ago around 1998-99.. Fun stuff for sure. It was not until a couple of years ago, as I read through some old magazine articles like you did, that I was aware of this and if it had not been for Bowsite, I would not have known Bill Allard, aka, BB. my best, Paul

29-Dec-17
That is very cool!

29-Dec-17
Living legends for sure. ;)

29-Dec-17
Love those old magazines!

29-Dec-17
Legendary!!!

Mark

29-Dec-17
"Bou and Lou together", has a much better ring to it. :)

29-Dec-17
They had a section like that in the old NWTF mag where you could send in a pic of yourself and your kill. I never really understood guys sending a pic of themselves and their kill to a magazine to post them but I guess its no different than posting them on the internet hunting sites like this now. So I guess they were ahead of their time so to speak !

29-Dec-17
I owned a bunch of those Pat! They worked great for bear hunting. Tie the string to the rock on the bait barrel and you knew what time the bears were hitting! :)

29-Dec-17
I still have a couple of those thread timers too. Primitive, but better than nothing.

29-Dec-17
Did they text you when the string was triggered? =D

29-Dec-17
Better than that, TD - they mailed grainy black and white photos that arrived a week later!

29-Dec-17
Sounds similar to most of today’s Wildgame Innovations cameras.

• Sitka Gear