swampokie 03-Jan-18
Screwball 03-Jan-18
swampokie 04-Jan-18
Zbone 04-Jan-18
Z Barebow 04-Jan-18
No Mercy 04-Jan-18
Zbone 04-Jan-18
02-Jan-18
Carson Wentz Philadelphia QB posted a picture of his hunting dog as a puppy and with geese wishing her a Happy Birthday. Was attacked right away, His defense follows: Appreciate that, but offensive and controversial? Two of the main things I tweet about are Jesus and hunting. That’s what I’m passionate about and that won’t ever change! When you love something, you talk about it! Stay convicted about it and don’t worry what others think! Leave to a North Dakota boy who speaks out for his passion. Very Nice!

02-Jan-18
Saw that post on Instagram.. Very cool!

02-Jan-18
Just saw it also, great job Carson...

02-Jan-18
Wow. Carson fan now. I try to stay grounded, but anti's a fricken pysco.

03-Jan-18
He is a first class guy at all levels.

03-Jan-18
love it

03-Jan-18
Has my support.. Never thought I would like the Eagles. Big fan now!

03-Jan-18
I ALMOST feel sad for those who criticize Carson's photo. They must have a miserable life in their little world filled with snowflakes and ignorance.

03-Jan-18
Good job Carson !

03-Jan-18
Yup, Carson is for real! I was a big fan of his when he was at NDSU, but now I'm an Eagles fan (who'da thunk?) He's been consistent as could be on this topic and by all accounts, he's rock solid in every way. Everyone who knows him says he's a stand-up person who has strong religious beliefs and a passion for the outdoors. My son wants to take him turkey hunting in the worst imaginable way, but I don't know how to pass that message along to him. Obviously, not a likely outcome, but my boy has a dream and it sure would be fun. Carson's a guy who I'm just fine with my son looking up to.

03-Jan-18

Bou'bound's Link
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/01/02/eagles-carson-wentz-fires-back-at-criticism-over-hunting-buddy-dog.html

03-Jan-18
Refreshing and seems to be a stand up guy.

03-Jan-18
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day a person had to "defend" their choice to hunt.

03-Jan-18
He is a great role model and an inspiration. And what a refreshing change from the ugly direction the NFL has taken recently. I'm from the PHL area and being a lifelong Eagles fan, I can't tell you how excited Eagles fans are to have Carson under center. He actually lives in a beautiful home in south Jersey that a good friend of mine, also a hard core hunter, designed and built. And for this area of the country, he's got a good size piece of farm ground to hunt on right out the back door. It's great to see he's been able to maintain his hunting lifestyle, despite being transplanted from ND to the east coast. His ACL tear a few weeks back was just devastating and will probably end up costing the birds their first super bowl win!

03-Jan-18
Scoot....I wouldn’t go THAT far! (to becoming an Eagles fan!), but he’s definitely worthy role model for a lot of youngsters, IMO. There was a very telling tv segment on him awhile back. He befriended a young boy with terminal cancer. Lukas Kusters was the boy’s name. I can’t remember exact details, but it was heart wrenching, too say the least, and showed his true character, I believe. I’m definitely a Carson Wentz fan.

03-Jan-18
Like him even more now. Damn I wish he played for the Broncos! Bet he does too... No Elk in PA.

03-Jan-18
I first remember seeing Wentz when he was at ndsu playing for the national championship. I thought to myself that this guy is a Tom Brady that can run! Been a fan ever since.

I'm a Vikes fan but it really sucks that he hurt his knee. I want to see the best players out there competing. I felt the same when Rogers went down.

He's truly a standup guy, in a league full of spoiled prima donnas and America haters.

03-Jan-18
I swear it has to be liberal snowflake's life mission to make EVERYONE in the world as miserable as they are. Easy to cheer for Wentz standing up for what he believes in...even though he went to NDSU.

03-Jan-18
AT...Spoken like a true Chicken Hawk, Night Hawk, Black Hawk, Grey Hawk or whatever the "U" is calling themselves these days! :) :) :)

03-Jan-18
Kota HA HA...I refer to "us" the Fighting Chickens! Can't stand the logo (or the name for that matter)! I'm a recovering Bears fan and my kids got Eagles/Wentz sweatshirts for Christmas and I am complete good with it. Two things I won't tolerate at my house are my kids wearing mismatched camo clothing...and NDSU gear! :)

03-Jan-18
Luv this kid and STILL pizzed the Browns didn't take him...

I hope he wins MVP...

Now hoping the Browns take that Allen kid, QB out of Wyoming with the first overall draft pick... Seen him play 3 times this season, and he looked really good in their bowl game... I hear he a Wentz trained together with the same offseason couch before... Don't want any part of those USC or UCLA QBs...

03-Jan-18
Funny stuff AT. My daughter is actually considering the "U". She has some uncles that will NEVER let her live it down if she does. Her decision... Wentz is the real deal folks. He is a GREAT ambassador for hunting in general. A guy like that can make a huge difference. Note in the comments how many "non hunters" are saying "if he wants to hunt, let him hunt"!

03-Jan-18
ZBone- Wentz is good, but not that good. Only God can help the Browns!

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. He is a man of character and conviction. In today's world, it is so refreshing to have someone whom our kids can look up to. (And not have to explain later why their "idols" are in trouble)

03-Jan-18
HA HA Scoot has it wrong...it was his 7? year old (at the time) son and he should know better than to wear that purple crap around me...(insert sarcasm button here) Don't listen to Scoot anyway...he went to school at the U too...ask him what century studies he has a PHD in...

03-Jan-18
SO...You're a Hawk and NOT a Vikings fan? WTH...You're a minority up here brother. :) What on earth happened to you as a child that steered you so wrong? :) At least Scoot got half of it right...

03-Jan-18
Well Kota...how long do have you got!?!? My family are all Cowboys fans and I was a youngster when the Super bowl shuffle came out. I watched the Bears destroy the Patriots in 85 and I jumped on the bandwagon...needless to say it's been all downhill since then. The only thing I live for (as far as the NFL is concerned) is watching the new and exciting ways the Vikings find to choke in the playoffs. I'm eagerly awaiting something new in 2018 as it seems everyone around here is already talking of home field advantage in the super bowl like it's a guarantee. Reminds me a lot of 1998. I finally had to block Scoot's cell number...all he wants to talk about is the second coming of the Purple People Eaters... :)

03-Jan-18
I still haven't recovered from Favre's pick against the 'aints. When was that, 2010? What a dumbass.

03-Jan-18
I'm with Elkman, wish he played for the Broncos. Since both my AFC and NFC teams are out this year I'll be pulling for the Eagles the rest of the way!

03-Jan-18

AT Halley's Link
"This is not Detroit man...this is the Super bowl!!" What a classic radio call on that Favre pick. Also love the Arizona missed field goal for Vikes to miss the playoffs.

03-Jan-18

AT Halley's Link
I was wrong...AZ scored a touchdown to knock the Vikes out of the playoffs. It's cold as heck up here lately and reliving these moments warm my heart!!

03-Jan-18

AT Halley's Link
Seattle playoffs...OK I'm done

03-Jan-18

No Mercy's embedded Photo
No Mercy's embedded Photo
I’ve had the privilege of working with Carson as he purchases outdoor gear and he IS the real deal. What you see/hear is what he is. Humble/soft spoken and always extremely nice. Period.

03-Jan-18
AND-I am probably the ONLY person in ND that was an Eagles fan before Carson went there. I've been chastised by the miserable Viqueens fans my whole life-now Karma is finally helping me out a bit!

03-Jan-18
No Mercy....What’s with that purple shirt?!!

I’m thinking about supplementing my trail cam budget. I heard there was a market in Philly for used batteries ;-) JK (packers fan btw)

03-Jan-18
HAHA--- T-Roy-bad choice of colors on that day for me.

03-Jan-18
BIG Wentz fan.....and could care less about his team :) Anyone that bold and with integrity has my support!

03-Jan-18
Great guy! Elkman x2! Can't agree more!

03-Jan-18
Jason...I'm more than a little disappointed...All the stuff I buy at Scheels and never once did you ask me to take a pic with you! :)

03-Jan-18
HAHAHAHA Sorry Cory. I PROMISE next time it will happen!

03-Jan-18
Actually some amazing elk in pa, just damn hard to get a tag!

03-Jan-18
It's the Vike's year. The only thing in their way is the xxxxxxx Patriots. The cheaters are going down. And if you live in the midwest outside of Northern Illinois and root for the Bears....well, I just don't know what to say to you.

03-Jan-18
AH yes, One for the the thumb for the Vikings. Second place super bowl rings. Currently 0-4 going for more.

03-Jan-18
No elk in Pa? What u talkin’ bout, Willis?

03-Jan-18
Horns up! Go Bison!

03-Jan-18
Who is this person? Is he in the outdoor industry?

03-Jan-18
As I posted in the first post he is the young QB for the Philadelphia Eagles. Hear a lot of negative about the NFL. This is one we can be proud of. Think about the Pro sport players, actors and actresses that won't speak out about their and our passion. They could be spokesmen for us in the media. Challenge the Liberal antis but won't This kid won't back down. Reference Brett Farve, loves to hunt would not speak out, could use their platform but won't.

04-Jan-18
I wouldn't watch the nfl if I was forced at gunpoint. The league had the chance to save face after the kneeling began but they chose to accommodate ignorance and disrespect while spitting in the face of all true americans especially vets. That's why I didn't recognize the name. I forgot he was still playing after he left ndsu. Good for him for standing up!

04-Jan-18
"ZBone- Wentz is good, but not that good. Only God can help the Browns!"

Too funny Z Barebow...8^))) But yeah, your're almost right,,, Browns have some young talent and were in a lot of games this year and I'll go as far to say should have even won a couple,,, what they really need is a franchise QB, and keeping fingers crossed they can finally hit on one with this first pick...

Anybody know anything about the character of Wyoming's QB, Josh Allen... Since he and Carson hung together for a while, I wonder if he hunts too... Living in WY, bet there's a chance, although he grew up in California, but they said he grew up on a melon farm in Cali,,, so growing up on a farm may have given him the outdoors spirit....

04-Jan-18
ZBone- I don't know for sure, but suspect Josh Allen would be someone of character. His coach is former NDSU coach Craig Bohl. When Bohl first got to Laramie, I seem to remember a few guys from the team were given the boot. His 1st year record wasn't good. But as Bohl recruits have come in through the years, Wyoming has become good. The culture at NDSU, which Bohl was integral to establishing, is to recruit kids of character. Even kids with shaded history are given a chance, but they understand they are part of a team. Ego's are not prominent. From what I have seen, Bohl has not changed his approach. Bohl took a chance on the kid and he came through.

04-Jan-18
Bohl is also a hunter. I helped him out with some stuff for a leopard trip a few years back.

04-Jan-18
Thanks for the info guys...

• Sitka Gear