MathewsMan 18-Jan-18
Lee 18-Jan-18
Owl 18-Jan-18
IdyllwildArcher 18-Jan-18
IdyllwildArcher 18-Jan-18
orionsbrother 19-Jan-18
Owl 19-Jan-18
12-Jan-18
Has anybody got their act together and willing to provide some tips? My garage looks like the trash compactor from Star Wars. It's ridiculous. I can usually rein it in but, frankly, by now, I should be better at this than I am.

12-Jan-18
You must have to much gear. I’ve got a 30’x50’ shop, send me your best gear and I’ll store it for you. ;)

12-Jan-18
Owl I’m right there with you. I look forward to hearing some ideas/options.

12-Jan-18
I sold a bunch of stuff last year and bought quite a bit of techno clothing. I’m gonna do the same this year. That first thing.

Then I bought a bunch of Plano sportsman trunks and arranged the remains gear by tote. They stack upon one another well, are water proof, and are built sturdy. I did the same for reloading supplies too. Well organized now.

If you didn’t wear it in the last two seasons, sell it. That’s my moto. I didn’t miss a thing this year. Put some peg board up and hang the stands. Good luck and God Bless

12-Jan-18
I floored the ceiling above garage. I don't store all my outdoor gear up there, but I ain't sacrificing floor space in my garage. It's for vehicles. :-)

Those plastic containers with lock down lids are great for organizing stuff. Stackable, moisture proof, dust proof...........I can stack lots above the garage.

12-Jan-18
Plastic boxes and its stored somewhat by temperatures and seasons. Fl orange in one box. Very cold weather equipment in another. Layering garments, wool socks in yet another. And I built a small closet for pants, jackets etc. And of course there's a catch all box.

12-Jan-18
I'm a bin guy too. Prefer see through plastic where I can get it. Even the smaller bins for smaller archery supplies, calls, scents, lighters, all that type of junk. Label and stick to it.

12-Jan-18
At this point of frustration, I may take you up on it Link.;)

I'm a large tote categorizer. But my categories get perpetually conflated. So my garage looks like a science fair where all the kids built those bicarbonate and vinegar volcanoes. Just crap oozing everywhere.

12-Jan-18
One thought I've had is to implement an "In Season" rolling crate so I can keep everything currently in use in one container - garage or truck - while I leave long term storage largely undisturbed.

12-Jan-18
I have all of mine in Rubbermaid totes. I just have too many totes! :)

12-Jan-18
You need help young Jedi

12-Jan-18
Best thing is to take a nice day or two and put everything outside. Then only put stuff you actually need back. Donate or trash the rest.

That reminds me, I have a pair of insulated military bibs that haven't been worn since the '90's.

12-Jan-18
I really like the ruggedness of the 18 gallon Rubbermaid totes.

I have one as a primary tote with most of the stuff I will always need.

Then I have several totes that are animal specific and one that is camp cooking gear/ camping equipment.

I am basically always packed and ready to go. I just need to grab the right bins.

12-Jan-18
Glad I'm not alone here. I have stuff for camping that spills over to hunting. I have gear stored in the garage on shelves, in my basement storage room, in the crawl space, hell even some in my home office.

Seems we collected a bunch of gear over the short time we've been hunting and I'm nervous to get rid of anything.

I donated a black trash bag of my son's outgrown hunting clothing and boots this last year, only after my daughter said she wasn't interested in hunting. Of course...now she "might" be interested in hunting and wants some camo to go turkey scouting this spring. :bangingheadonwall:

I need my own space that I can have everything sorted and stored in a respectable manner.

12-Jan-18
Dave, I need an intervention. Or a bonfire.:)

12-Jan-18
Oh yeah, count me in. Overhead in garage, different areas in my garage, multiple areas in my basement - most in totes. I think this summer I need a big garage sale.

12-Jan-18
This is timely and funny...2 weeks ago I started looking for some kind of portable closet to hang my clothes to better organize them because I am tired of constantly having to find my stuff in those plastic containers....still looking. ??

Mike

12-Jan-18

boothill's embedded Photo
boothill's embedded Photo
Here you go Aubs8, thinking was $20 at Menards

12-Jan-18
I like to store stuff in piles and I know what is in each and every pile. I got piles on the floor. I got piles on my workbenches. No, I am not organized by most anyone's standards, but I'll be damned I know where my stuff is. When I lose stuff it's usually because I cleaned up and hid it in some tote or drawer somewhere.

12-Jan-18
I hear you Randy, Waiting on that show hoarders too show up for a show. lol

12-Jan-18
Simple fix. Build another shed!

12-Jan-18
I think Kota should chime in here with detailed photos of how he stores his gear. I envision shelves labeled by production year, colour and size.

12-Jan-18
Dave, the producer scouted me out. He said I didn't have enough dead cats lying around to make the show. :)

12-Jan-18
All you guys need to send me a list of what you are wanting to get rid of. I will be happy to help! ;-)

12-Jan-18
I built shelves suspended from the ceiling in my garage. Organized gear in totes. Put hunting clothes I will wear next archery season in duffle bags based on type/brand, ie. Kuiu in one bag, Sitka in another, cold weather tree stand clothes in another, rifle season stuff (less camo, blaze orange, etc) and a duffle with duck/goose clothing ( warmer bibs and such)

12-Jan-18
I've pared down quite a bit of clothing. It's amazing what we accumulate over the years.

12-Jan-18
Perfect Brian! Thanks!

12-Jan-18
dead cats LMAO

17-Jan-18

GDx's embedded Photo
GDx's embedded Photo

18-Jan-18
I don't know you but I think I hate you; ) lol that's organization!

18-Jan-18
Beg the wife for a room in the house. Throw it all in there and close the door. It's all together in a giant pile. I'm not very organized but it is all together.

18-Jan-18
Keep it sloppy and disorganized. If it's too neat and tidy, the old lady will figure out how much you've spent over the years! :)

18-Jan-18
My wife decided that she needed a bin for some reason.

Her solution?

She "combined" bins of my hunting, camping and fishing gear to free up three bins.

I think the facial tic went away after about a month.

18-Jan-18
orionsbrother....I just quivered a bit myself reading that and its not even my gear...lol

18-Jan-18
Specifically to prevent things like that orionsbrother, my wife does not have a key to my shop!!!

18-Jan-18
"If you didn’t wear it in the last two seasons, sell it."

That is good. I need to live that.

18-Jan-18
"I think the facial tic went away after about a month." -lol, orionsbrother. One of my problems is that my garage is "shared space." We know how that works out. :/

I did build a shop but I don't fancy storing my gunpowder where I weld.

18-Jan-18
I have a closet with shelves for my gear, but the Boots are just along one edge of the floor- anybody have some way of storing boots.

I keep my clothing in duffel bags that I use hunting, helps know where stuff is stored from the house to the field.

18-Jan-18
I have some of those plane stackable storage bins with wheels on one end and a runner gasket to keep out moisture. They are great. The rubber maid totes I have used in the past don't keep out moisture and all of my clothes had a funky odor. No more of those for my stuff that gets stored in the garage.

Lee

18-Jan-18
Lee, Do you mean "Plano" - the Plano Sportsman's Trunk?

18-Jan-18

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
Kota man would have a seizure if he saw all of my hunting gear. When I see his shop, I hear angels singing.

18-Jan-18

It’s really bad

19-Jan-18
Ike - That's not bad... that's "free form organization". It's performance art.

I have a "friend" who has three backpacks next to his nightstand in the master bedroom that haven't been unpacked and stored.

I do covet Kota's shop. It's like Valhalla... I'm afraid that I'd have to die to get there.

19-Jan-18
OK, Kota needs to chime in for his afflicted brothers. lol

I've been trying to source cabinets from demos we've done and other sources like the Restore. No dice, yet. Rolling cabinets: 1 for archery, 1 for reloading and ammo, 1 for misc hunting gear, etc. - that would do nicely.

• Sitka Gear