whipranger 09-Feb-18
Lone Wolf 09-Feb-18
Cornpone 09-Feb-18
steve 09-Feb-18
APauls 09-Feb-18
Cornpone 09-Feb-18
Royboy 09-Feb-18
08-Feb-18
How many use a bow-mounted camera to video hunts? I'm thinking of getting one but don't want to do so if it's not really very effective.

08-Feb-18
Cornpone, but a small video camera like a sony handycam and the adapter to mount it in the stabilizer hole. Way better quality then any of the ones folks are designing to use on stuff like GoPro and the Action Cameras. You will have zoom and image stabilization plus the ability to run the camera with a remote for around 400 bucks. Shawn

08-Feb-18
I've never seen a bow mounted video that wasn't pretty shaky during the shot. I've think having it mounted on your head would be more stable if you want a watchable video afterword?

08-Feb-18

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Spearing is a lot like bowhunting.
Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Spearing is a lot like bowhunting.
I have a JVC Enviro, mounted on a tree step with a pan head. That worked OK for a few years. Has a hand remote.

I also use it to film fish while ice fishing or spearing. Can take stills too.

08-Feb-18
I have used the Go pro. Bow mounted and stationary. The picture is clear, but at distance it’s tough to get good video. The best video the Go pro ever took was strapped to a tree next to the bait barrel on my first bear hunt. Very cool to see the video from the bait cam and the one I had in the tree. I switched to a good video camera over the Go pro, and love it. Way better video quality, and the batteries last way longer than Go pro. Get a tree arm and a tripod, you won’t regret it.

08-Feb-18
If you’re whitetail hunting best off to go with a proper video camera and some sort of tripod setup attached to tree or something. Even if you want runaround footage could use something like the Solvid setup

08-Feb-18
Been doing it a while now. I started uploading a few for fun trying to learn how to edit something worth watching. Getting a little better with each one.

08-Feb-18
Here is another.

08-Feb-18
You pay the 100 extra dollars and get one with image stabilization and the video is pretty darn good, Good enough to see the hit. The problem with Go-pro and such is the whatever you are shooting looks a mile away even at 20 yards. Shawn

09-Feb-18
Check the Ultimate Predator Decoy web page. That are promoting a small camera with attachments. and less than $200 I believe.

09-Feb-18
I like the pivothead glasses. The camera is in the bridge and takes great video, And you don't get the WALLEYE vision like with other wearable cameras. I don't wear glasses so I got the kudu model and took the lenses out. Extremely simple to use

09-Feb-18
I have a tactacam and love it. I was very skeptical at first but after filming a groundhog from my stand I was ready for real action. I was able to film my hunt on veterans day and it turned out pretty good. The downfall of having a bow mounted camera is after the shot I was focused on watching where the deer was going rather than holding up my bow for filming. I feel any bow mounted camera would have had the same outcome. The camera is very easy to use and if you get the 4.0 it has blue tooth. I watched the video on my phone five minutes after taking the shot. The picture quality is great and you can mount it to a gun as well if you desire. I would recommend this camera to anyone interested in self filming a hunt.

09-Feb-18
I think I'll get the Tactacam. I called them and they're coming out with a 5.0 in August which will be 8X rather than 5X plus 4.0K rather than 2.7K video for $100 more. Other than some spring turkey hunting I'll primarily want it for deer next fall so I'll wait.

09-Feb-18
I got TACTACAM for xmass I videoed 2 hunts so far I like it !!

09-Feb-18
For those that have a Tactacam is the zoom optical zoom or digital zoom?

09-Feb-18
AP...the lens is made at a particular "zoom", or power, level...think binoculars. 5X currently, 8X coming in August. If a person wanted digital zoom I imagine they could do that with a video editing software.

09-Feb-18
Not allowed in Oregon

• Sitka Gear