Woods Walker 08-Mar-18
Thornton 08-Mar-18
Thornton 08-Mar-18
TD 08-Mar-18
Owl 08-Mar-18
WV Mountaineer 08-Mar-18
jjs 08-Mar-18
24-Feb-18
I know this is a bowhunting site but maybe it is time. If you are not a member or even if you are maybe it is time to show our support and solidarity for the 2nd amendment and join the NRA. If there was ever a time to join, now is it.

Please pass this on and encourage your family and friends to join.

24-Feb-18
Life member and damn proud to support the 2nd amendment. Gun rights should have been the 1st amendment

24-Feb-18
I don't won't to cause confusion because I am a supporter of the Constitution and the 2nd. Amendment. I was a member of the NRA and I have tried to be a member several times. But I can't stand all the crap mail I get and the constant request for this and that and more money so that they can fight for a right that I already have. Am I afraid to loose that right. Maybe? But I guarantee you before I loose that right it will be an all out war against the ones who wish to take that right away. Does the NRA stand for a great cause? Sure. Does the NRA exploit scare tactics to raise monies for political clout? Sure. Do I have to be a part of of that propaganda to believe in the Second Amendment. No. Or on another note: Do I have to answer every pole and survey asking if I still support Trump. Just Crazy. JMHO. This is why I don't visit the community site.

24-Feb-18
Always an excuse...

24-Feb-18
I am a member even though I am still super pissed at them for heavily lobbying for crossbow inclusion in WI. Two years ago they called asking for more money. Well, it was in the wrong mood and told them what I thought (in a professional manner though). They haven't called or sent a single piece of junk mail since. Just the magazine.

24-Feb-18
Arrowheads way off thinking is why we 're having the problems we are ... Get over it.

24-Feb-18
I agree with arrowhead.

24-Feb-18
I am a Life Member.

I too got tired of constant mailings and phone calls. Contacted the Membership Dept. and had a "come to Jesus" phone conversation. I no longer get worrisome mail or phone calls wanting money. Problems solved.

I do get my monthly subscription of American Hunter in a timely manner and enjoy the read.

24-Feb-18
Just hang up, delete the email or throw the survey away. Problem solved

Annual membership is only $40. What other excuses do we have?

24-Feb-18
I did the same as Greg. Life Member, one phone call and I don’t hardly get a thing from them, but the monthly magazine. The excuse to not be a member because they send you junk mail is a lame excuse IMO. Especially when it can be fixed with a simple phone call. Get over it and join. Never more important to join than now.

24-Feb-18
Life Member here. Got mine when they were having the big discount promotion on Life Memberships in response to the big O getting elected. IMO all sportsmen who believe in freedom should throw their support behind them...they're one of the most effective lobbying groups in the world.

PS: I found an easy solution for the unwanted calls and mailings....they don't have my true email or phone number. Problem solved. Kota-man's suggestion sounds like it would work just as well.

24-Feb-18
Each to there on. An NRA representative got a little hostile once with me on the phone trying to impose his will on me by asking me what would I do if (THEY) came to get my weapons? I simply said I would give all my weapons to (THEM) (RIGHT AFTER I GIVE THEM THE BULLETS FIRST)

24-Feb-18
Getting tired of receiving the solicitations is a lame excuse for not joining. Throw them away, that's not too hard. It's definitely a time we need to stand with and behind the organization. Collectively we can have an impact. Not so much individually. My wife and I are avid bowhunters and we belong to the NRA. After hearing the current backlash on TV, she said "how much do you want to give the NRA to help out?" Needless to say, we're sending a check to help them fight the fight.

24-Feb-18
The CNN town hall was a metaphor for gun owners in America and it was alarming how small our voice has become among the mob. Were I not already a Lifer, I'd join based on that debacle alone.

24-Feb-18
Yup been a member for a long time. Time to make an additional donation.

24-Feb-18
Life member, (actually a Benefactor Member) and I've heard that mail and phone calls crap many times before. Tell me you don't get junk mail from everywhere and robo calls from everyone. The difference is all those turds aren't fighting every day for the Second Ammendment. I'll tell you how strongly I feel about the NRA. This morning I read that Best Western had severed ties with the NRA and I promptly called and cancelled my reservations for my upcoming turkey hunt in West Texas. I can stay in a lesser motel and they can do without my money. For those that are interested, United Airlines, Hertz, Enterprise, and a few others I can't remember were on that list. Research it if you're interested. I realize that there are probably businesses that I patronize that don't support the 2nd, the difference being I don't know about it.....yet.

24-Feb-18
Brilliant! :)

24-Feb-18
I am a member as well but agree with arrowhead. I get bombed with their renewal notices so much that I never know if it time to renew or not. It would be much better if they sent me one renewal notice within a reasonable, not 30 days after actually renewing. I bet they lose members because of that because they just do not trust the renewal notice and then never renew.

24-Feb-18
It’s almost like main stream is treating the NRA like a terrorist organization. Companies who use to give members a discount are pulling out and the credit card company which issues the NRA card is not renewing their contract. Kind of sad.

24-Feb-18
Benefactor Life Member and my wife is an annual member

24-Feb-18
I am rejoining. I don't want the magazine because I only hunt with a longbow or flinter. Think I will use the email and phone number of one of our social studies teachers. She is a PETA member.

24-Feb-18
Life member. Like said above a call will still all the extra stuff

24-Feb-18
Life member and see no reason every hunter isn't. I got no room in my life for people who think our 2nd amendment is debatable. With no 2nd amendment, there will be no hunting soon enough. Nor will there be this thing called a republic. Get over yourself and join the fight for AMERICA. You aren't noble or clever for opting out of that responsibility. You owe your loved ones that much. To me, this isn't debatable.

24-Feb-18
Life member since 1975 or there abouts.

24-Feb-18
I also was tired of all the mail and contacted them. I also wrote on my renewal I would drop them if it continued. I get ZERO junk from them now. With that being said, I believe we would have lost our gun rights long ago if not for the NRA... which would result of all our rights taking the same path. 90 million gun owners and only 5 million NRA members. A disgusting display of passivity and ignorance. Lawmakers and politicians look at numbers... period. Numbers of supporters, numbers of contingents. We will lose this battle of freedom if not involved. 35.00 a year is less than what most spend on a hunt license.

24-Feb-18
15 brands have now ended their relationship with the @NRA:

1. @MetLife 2. @symantec 3. @BestWestern 4. @Wyndham 5. @Alamo 6. @NationalPro 7. @Enterprise 8. @FNBOmaha 9. @Hertz 10. @Budget 11. @Avis 12. @NortonOnline 13. @northAmericanVL 14. @SimpliSafe 15. @ChubbNA

Two can play at that game.

24-Feb-18
Was a NRA member once, will never be again due to their misplaced attack on all traditional bowhunters, archery associations and those who opposed crossbows in archery seasons in their states.

2nd Amendment doesn't belong to the NRA, its only a reaffirmation of a God given fundamental right. Lots of ways to express that

24-Feb-18
I too have been a member for a lot of years.

24-Feb-18
If not the NRA to protect your 2 nd amendment.... then who?

Our founding fathers did an unbelievable job building a foundation for this great country!!

They felt so strongly about free speech and our right to bear arms they put those at the forefront , and used them as the building blocks of this great land.

There are many in power waiting for an opportunity to erode and eventually remove our 2 nd amendment . If you are an outdoorsman..... this could be a game changer.

24-Feb-18

z hunter's Link
GOA, NRA, ..many choices.

24-Feb-18
Renewed my NRA membership a little while ago.

If on the fence, tired of the NRA, whatever, Gun Owners of America also does a good job fighting for our 2nd Amendment rights.

24-Feb-18
"Was a NRA member once, will never be again due to their misplaced attack on all traditional bowhunters, archery associations and those who opposed crossbows in archery seasons in their states."

Yeah, the TBS and all other bowhunting groups sure fight the good fight to protect our 2nd Amendment don't they? SMH. To each their own. But, that mentality has led us here and, ensure all of our descendants as slaves to a tyrannical government. So, you are right in your description of who the 2nd amendment belongs too. You will also be responsible for those that won't have those same rights in the future.

24-Feb-18
I have a few fb friends that have just gone bat shit crazy with the anti-gun, anti-NRA, anti-Trump posts and I just let them know I love them but the only thing they accomplished with their relentless BS is creating a new NRA member. Just joined for 5 years.

24-Feb-18
Yes, there are other pro-gun orgs. How many times to you see them excoriated by the news media ? That should tell you who is putting the pressure on !

24-Feb-18
Interesting that all of the "big name" car rental companies are anti-NRA......never knew that before.....

25-Feb-18
Not being an NRA member is making a liberal happy....can’t have that .... me, my wife, two kids and two grand kids renewed yesterday . Gotta do something especially when I see all these anti America acting liberals .

25-Feb-18
I just look at where the phone number is from and don’t answer. I bought a Jennings bow years ago and got a free subscription to Buckmaster. Big mistake. When someone calls and I don’t know the number let it ring at least 3 times. That eliminates some. As soon as I answer and they ask for me i ask who’s calling? When they tell me I hang up. I don’t owe anyone any courtesy when asking for money. I’m an NRA member.

25-Feb-18
I agree with arrowhead but for a different reason. I wish that instead of spending tons of money trying to get more money out of me, they would use what I give them for its true purpose.

25-Feb-18
The renewal notice thing is problematic. In fact, I don't even know if my membership is current right now because I didn't want the magazine, and with the way they send out the notices you never know. I found my card, and it says "Annual Member 2017". I think they used to send cards that had the end date of your renewal on them, but not sure now? Anyone know for sure?

25-Feb-18
Am a life member but have a big problem with how they spearheaded the inclusion of crossbow into the WI archery season. Every time they call, every time I see them at an outdoor event, every time I have contact with them they get to hear my distaste for what they did. They back off quickly. Give em hell.

25-Feb-18
I too told them quit the spam or I would drop them. It worked. Been a member for many years. I just donated another $100. Hopefully another liberal Supreme Court justice will retire and we can get another pro 2nd amendment supporter in there. The courts are going to decide this before it is over.

25-Feb-18
I signed up for 5 years.

25-Feb-18
Life member here. And I usually donate some extra every year. As much as I feel I can at least.

25-Feb-18
Longtime NRA member here. I have a First Natl Omaha gas/ travel rewards Credit Card. Not the card affiliated through the NRA, just another one of theirs. I called their customer service number the other day and told them I was a NRA member and wanted to know if they still appreciated/ and wanted my business. I then asked ( I was playing stupid) how was one to go about canceling the credit card. She went a head and explained to me how, and in no way did she try to talk me out of it. So I will be dropping them. Did see that RMEF has a rewards VISA through Commerce Bank. Details look pretty good so will go that route and will be helping RMEF also. I am also a long time RMEF member too

25-Feb-18
Was a member most o my life. Stepped away for a few years due to the relentless emergency fund raising. Due to Obama, Clinton’s & Pelosi types I’m a life time benefactor member. One thing I admire most about the NRA is that they refuse to sell out or fragment any one group of gun owners. Do you honestly believe they will stop with AR’s? Although I don’t agree with all their views I understand no one else fights for gun owner rights like they do.

25-Feb-18
Been a life member for many years...

25-Feb-18
I am a gun owner and do believe that the 2nd grants me the right to own a gun. The NRA does a remarkable job at lobbying and organizing. Other groups should learn from them. But I believe that the NRA is full of nuts and they don't speak for me

25-Feb-18
You'll wish they were still speaking for you if the libs get their way. I've noticed over the years nothing is truly appreciated until it's gone.

25-Feb-18
Believe it was in the '70's that I became a life member. I can't defend their position on mandatory background checks. I can live with the inconvenience of having to have it done if I sell. I'm also not opposed to magazine limits. It's proven science that the part of the brain involved in making logical decisions does not mature until you are in your 20's, especially for males.

Maybe not being able to purchase a semi auto at 18 isn't the infringement we make it.

What I can't live with is that something I did or didn't do led to the death of a bunch of people.

25-Feb-18
I let mine laps for two years. RE joined a week ago last Saturday at the Turkey Deer Expo. It seemed like a good time to do it.

25-Feb-18
I've been a life member of the NRA for a number of years now.

25-Feb-18
To all the lifers, many thanks. To all who signed up because of this severing ties crap, many thanks to you also. Thorton hit it on the head, you never miss it until it's gone !

25-Feb-18
Started out as a Junior Member at 16 in 1968, then became a Life Member in 1977 and then upgraded to Endowment Life in 2000. I will be sending them a donation because the lies are beginning to spread again. The left likes nothing better than a fresh corpse to dance on.

25-Feb-18
I was a member years ago but dropped it because of the calls. Just rejoined tonight!

25-Feb-18
"...Am a life member but have a big problem with how they spearheaded the inclusion of crossbow into the WI archery season. Every time they call, every time I see them at an outdoor event, every time I have contact with them they get to hear my distaste for what they did. They back off quickly. Give em hell.""

Thank You and I will as they had no business getting involved in the crossbow legislation fight. As far as allowing future slavery to tyrannical govt. occurring cause I am not a NRA member, I prefer to look at local laws remind elected official of MY position not the NRA's(they don't always match). Again a God given right reaffirmed by 2nd Amendment and the Supreme Court Heller Case, etc.

26-Feb-18
Life member here too. Agree with kota-man and sticksender.

26-Feb-18
Lifer here. What Kota said x 2. You are either with us or against us. No middle ground on this one. Sorry.

26-Feb-18
You mean like the NRA showed their support for us bowhunters by endorsing the use of crossbows in archery-only seasons? No thanks. I don't need friends like that. Was a member of the NRA for 30+ years until they sold out bowhunters.

26-Feb-18
I'm a life member. Without the NRA the second amendment is an endangered species.

26-Feb-18
Food for thought: I own guns. my wife and all three of my kids and their spouses and family and friends also own guns. All my friends have guns. I would bet everyone here owns guns. Everyone in my Church owns guns. I have thought hard and I don't know anyone here in America personally that doesn't own guns. I only know of people who don't live in the USA personally that doesn't own a gun and I was able to convert one of them into owning a gun. The other is married to a Polizei. It may be much harder for Lib's to get their way on total gun control than some would scare you into believing. I'm not against the NRA. Just the way their "propaganda scare tactics" and constant annoying push to get people to join and then staying on you for more money or else motives. (These type of tactics don't work on me) All to push monies into politicians pockets to get the votes needed to protect something that we as a Nation should not even be concerned with to begin with. It is our Constitutional right to bear arms and that should be the end of story. I wonder for all of the ones who are NRA members and insist that everyone else should be too. Would you bear your arms to protect that right if it came down to it? If so then what are you worried about?

26-Feb-18
This same thing happened after Sandy Hook. Nothing happened and you didn't see the backlash against the NRA the way you are this time. What does that tell you?

26-Feb-18
As madtrapper said, under current conditions, you are either with the 2nd Amendment or you are working against it. We can all folly ideas of why that doesn’t apply. But, you have a choice to be proactive or to be passive. What you do decides where you stand. No way around that in my eyes. God Bless men

26-Feb-18
WV, my daddy used to say you're either helping to pull the wagon or you're dead weight. Pretty clear to me who's pulling and who's dead weight.

Arrowhead, yes I will defend my 2nd Amendment rights, but I'd rather not do it as a last ditch stand. I'm defending them right now, as I type this post ! If I have to do it at my front gate, you can bet I will. This morning I contacted Metlife and got the process started to cash in my life insurance policy. Yeah, I'm gonna take a whipping. I don't care one damn bit, it's only money, and I have more. Ain't nobody gonna be broke when I die so to hell with Metlife and anybody else that takes a stand against the 2nd.

26-Feb-18
Like a couple others, when they pushed crossbows down our throats I got a call asking why I didn't rejoin, I told him why and listened to his excuses then said goodbye.

26-Feb-18
A little dead weight in the wagon will keep the wheels on the ground when we hit ruts in the trail. When there gets to be too much dead weight, we'll just throw some over the side; might even slow down the ones chasing us a bit.

Benefactor Life Member here, and I have signed up and paid for several others who refuse to get on board.

26-Feb-18
Our second amendment rights will end with the stroke of a pen in Washington. The NRA is the only organization that is effectively fighting it. It is pretty easy sitting behind a computer screen saying that you will do "anything" (e.g. Arrowhead) to defend that right until you are looking some government official in the eye whose job it is to take it from you. If it gets to that point, it is over. Think about it.

26-Feb-18
The NRA are its members and with out their members they wouldn't exist! The media wants to portray them as a entity without members, and as a business owned/run by the firearm companies. Not an organization representing its members. The media does not want to tell the country who the NRA really represents, gun owners, not gun companies. The non gun owning citizen doesn't know the difference. They are the ones who need educated in who the NRA really is, not what it is portrayed as. But what the heck I am preaching to the choir. Until we correct the propaganda, if they tell a lie long enough, it becomes the truth, and the truth becomes the lie. DANNY

26-Feb-18
Dropped my membership a while back. Protect the 2nd, ok, cool. The rhetoric and approach to me over the last 15~ maybe even 20 years has helped (helped, NOT been the sole creator of) create a polarization in thoughts on 2A issues that to me, is not helpful for any of us who want to own guns and use them respectfully. That ranges from research on gun issues to licensing requirements etc.

My voice is pretty minimal in the grand scheme, but I'd rather support local 2A positive groups or write letters and emails and make phone calls to my elected officials to support the 2nd.

26-Feb-18
I don't always agree with the NRA....but a few years back I did the Life membership anyway due to their horsepower.

26-Feb-18
I am a liferalso

26-Feb-18
I refuse to ever re-join the NRA as long as that loud mouth Wayne Lapierre is in charge. I was a member for a few years in the early through mid 90's. I got so sick of that loud mouth jack wagon that I dropped my membership. I am as pro-2nd Amendment as you will ever meet (I love my AR's and AK's), but for me Wayne is every bit to me as a gun owner as President Trump's Twitter account is to me as a Republican, both make me cringe and just want to tune them out. I will fight for the 2nd Amendment but I refuse to support Lapierre. That being said, I fully respect NRA members and fellow gun owners. Wayne goes and the NRA can have my money.

26-Feb-18
You sure showed him DEC. That Wayne guy will quit for sure now that he knows guys like you aren't happy with him.

It's Laughable the excuses some guys use to avoid carrying your share of the load. Too much mail, too many phone calls, Crossbows! Wayne is a big meanie, Unbelievable.

That's ok, 5,000,000 of us will keep carrying the load for the 80,000,000 gun owners. Just don't be surprised if you stop getting invitations to the game dinners and hunting camps and hunts from the guys who might just not want to reward someone who refuses to do his part because of a few extra pieces of mail.

When I hear someone say "I support the 2nd Amendment BUT ... " What comes next usually means: "but only when, and as far as it applies to me".

26-Feb-18
LIFE MEMBER

26-Feb-18
Right on Ace...

26-Feb-18
Laugh at me all you want ACE. I have been sleeping well not giving Wayne my money for the past 20 or so years and I will sleep well not giving him my money moving forward. That doesn't mean I am not pro-2nd Amendment, I am and I'd be right there beside you fighting for our rights. I won't waver on our 2nd Amendment rights, ever. I don't expect Wayne to quit on my behalf ... LOL. The 2nd Amendment was here before Wayne and it will be here after Wayne.

26-Feb-18
The power of a well organized lobby group in DC is much more effective than local "mom and pop" gun clubs or the one individual writing a representative. They only care when the trend may influence their political job.

10,000 individual voices barking different things is just noise. One well orchestrated dog that can speak the language of those barking produces better results.

26-Feb-18
right on ACE.

I not sure why some don't realize that the fight (they all speak of being involved with when it happens) is happening today. Right now. All over the place.

So...if "they" are going to fight, what are they doing? Any statement like "... I guarantee you before I loose that right it will be an all out war against the ones who wish to take that right away" assumes that something will possibly occur in the future. Future is here.

and if your version of a fight doesn't include about a million of your closest friends then I think your fight will be over in about 3 seconds.

26-Feb-18
Well said Ace !

" I won't waiver on our 2nd Amendment rights, ever " Sorry, you already have....

26-Feb-18
ACE 'da Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang it dude that was SPOT ON.

26-Feb-18
Whenever there's a gun issue the left and the slobbering a** kissing media soil their drawers going apoplectic over the NRA. For that reason alone I'm glad I'm a member....that's means they're doing their job!

26-Feb-18
The new tactic of the movement is shaming that you own a firearm and/or support the NRA.

Really...???

27-Feb-18
You guys can slap each other on the back all you want. But, the future of the NRA (and I hope there is one) will have nothing to do with the Dems, or lib's, or anyone else who have "always" opposed them. It will have everything to do with the NRA's totally inflexible attitude toward sensible gun legislation. And, the REPUBLICAN candidates who will defect from them in order to remain viable candidates in upcoming elections. The pressure is there, right or wrong, it isn't going away. The NRA can either get it right...or Republican candidates, and voters will scatter like rats leaving a sinking ship !! This is not about dead bank robbers, or rapists. This is about dead, innocent children. There will be a point where the public, without regard for politics, will have enough !!

27-Feb-18
Mad Trapper; I have wrote the blank check and put my life on the line for this Country before. I won't hesitate to do it again. I'm not trying to get anyone to not be a member of the NRA. If it makes you feel safer to be a member then more power to you. I just feel that taking guns away from the American people will be a fight that can't be won. W8N4RUT: And I don't think I will be fighting this hypothetical battle alone. There will be gun owners from all walks of life. NRA members included. I still remember the scare of Martial Law under the Obama administration where the military was coming to our houses to get our weapons. With Obama in office and after what happened in Louisiana with the gun confiscation I did join the NRA. I also got a good feeling when I saw the rejection of police forces and military personal who said if it came down to it, they would in fact detain Obama and refuse the orders. Who knows what would have really happened? I personally don't loose sleep over fear. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.

27-Feb-18
Oh, One last note on all this and I'll stop with the comments: I don't watch the news or even T.V. for that matter. I just really can't stand listening to all the crap that goes on anymore. So if I seem out of touch with the up to date scares and threats of the news media then it's by choice. I don't even read a news paper anymore. Too depressing.

27-Feb-18
Arrowhead... DEC.... et al..... What exactly have you personally done to fight for your constitutional rights..... right now? Are you going to court defending it? Are you gathering thousands of signatures (votes) to lay in front of your congressmen to back up your bold....... words?

NRA is defending that all on many levels...... as we rattle on in our own personal bubble we have created to insulate us from the rest of the country. "Everyone I know owns guns" is about the most clueless statement I have heard in a good long time.

Either you are with us or against us. If you are sitting on your azz doing nothing..... you're just an azz doing nothing.

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. If for one second you think ragging on the NRA about fly chit in the pepper is productive right now to retaining your constitutional rights..... you are living by a river in Egypt. Do something. Or shut up and get out of the way instead of trying to block the way. Nobody cares about individual pet peeves when the house is on fire..... grab a bucket or get out of the way......

The most effective we can be right now on a common level is to join an org such as the NRA. It's not just about donating money via membership. It's about having the numbers of verifiable voters registered as members to put on paper in front of these people.

It's not going to go away because a person doesn't want to deal with it. Quite the opposite.

27-Feb-18
Boy you sure told me TD ... HAHAHAHAHA! What an epic rant ... LOL.

"Either you are with us or against us." HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Best comedy that I have read in a long time.

I am 1000% pro 2nd Amendment. I am 1000% against further bogus attempts at gun control. I own two huge safes full of those scary black guns that the Snowflakes cry about. I love all shooting sports. I love the fact that we have the right to carry and defend ourselves. I love the fact that our Founding Fathers were intelligent enough to word the 2nd Amendment in a way that protects our rights to defend our country, our families, and our fellow Americans.

Don't try to tell me that I am the problem ... you have no clue who I am or what I do. I have nothing against the NRA or its members. I simply cannot stand their one top brass official, so until he is gone they won't get my money. My money, my freedom of choice.

Keep up your fine Keyboard Cowboy rants though because they are hilarious.

27-Feb-18
I’m going to point out a few obvious things to the oblivious.

1. Wayne Lapierre is not the head of the NRA.

2. Nobody has ranted about anything except you DEC.

3. Your personal choices won’t really affect us. Because the danger in not supporting the NRA to lobby for everyone’s 2nd Amendment, isn’t going to be obvious to most of us middle aged and older men. It’s the following generations that will suffer from that lose of freedom. Not us.

Like you said, it is freedom of choice. You can choose to be the problem for future generations. Or, you can choose to be a voice for their freedoms. This isn’t about crossbows, seasons, or directly involve hunting. It’s about a republic staying that way.

27-Feb-18
"We Have Met the Enemy and He Is Us." - Walt Kelly

.. ..

. .. . ..

64 million gun owners, 4 million NRA members . . . . . .

Thousands of Bow Hunters, how many are Pope and Young members?

Here in Virginia, 37,000 archery kills last year, but 300 VBA members.

Don't wait for an engraved invitation, join up and add your voice to the fight.

TD is spot on.

27-Feb-18
"This is about dead, innocent children. There will be a point where the public, without regard for politics, will have enough !!"

No, it's not. Kids are killed, exploited, and mistreated in many, many more ways than this. It's about pushing an agenda, again, at the misfortune of someone's trajedy and the media exploits it to a sickening level.

27-Feb-18
Why aren't we pushing and lobbying for the legalization of full automatic weapons, mini-guns, RPGs, 50 cal machine guns, F16s, mortars, M1 Abrams, etc.? We need these things to protect ourselves right? If not you guys aren't true supporters of the 2nd.

27-Feb-18
Just playing devil's advocate here.....

27-Feb-18
I just extended mine, you can opt out of the magazine, if they call you ask them not to. I have seen a huge decrease in the amount of mailings too.

27-Feb-18
If Tank's are legal I want one. What's the payment plan? On the occasions I have to drive during rush hour (normally in a home office) it would come in super handy. Just push cars out of the way (using a plow or something on the front) and cruise along - or just drive through the woods on the side of the highway. :)

27-Feb-18
Tanks are legal. So are automatic weapons if you have the funds for the permit.

27-Feb-18
Life member, and I receive a lot of phont calls but not so much mail anymore. I just don't answer the phone calls. Not a big deal to just ignore them and erase them from the call record. They are just doing their job. I don't mind filling out approval emails for Trump and other stuff either. Otherwise my only voice is a vote every four years. This way I can make my opinion and support count more often. I can throw the mail away, or can send $$ if I want to and get another gadget, but I rarely do that. I can ignore the calls, and do 99% of the time. I have given a lot of $$ in dues and have shown plenty of support. Least I can do is let them try to be heard. I don't know anyone else trying that hard to protect my freedoms. So they get a pass.

27-Feb-18
Life member, and I receive a lot of phont calls but not so much mail anymore. I just don't answer the phone calls. Not a big deal to just ignore them and erase them from the call record. They are just doing their job. I don't mind filling out approval emails for Trump and other stuff either. Otherwise my only voice is a vote every four years. This way I can make my opinion and support count more often. I can throw the mail away, or can send $$ if I want to and get another gadget, but I rarely do that. I can ignore the calls, and do 99% of the time. I have given a lot of $$ in dues and have shown plenty of support. Least I can do is let them try to be heard. I don't know anyone else trying that hard to protect my freedoms. So they get a pass.

27-Feb-18
Heard on Fox Business News this AM that NRA membership growth the pass week has excelled all other growth endeavors.

Also guns sales that have in a lull lately has sprouted new growth.

27-Feb-18
I just rejoined. I was using the marketing as an excuse but that is over I grew up.

27-Feb-18
Wow - that's interesting news WV. Probably beyond my budget, but I'm going shopping anyway :)

03-Mar-18
Not a member. Never will be that I can foresee. I'm a gun owner, and view them as a fear monger, much the same as the most radical of anti organizations. They do a great job of scaring people into buying more guns, but if they don't step up & propose "reasonable" restrictions, the rest of the population is going to decide, and I don't think the results will be as palatable... There are only so many mass shootings that society will stand for, and none that they should stand for...

05-Mar-18
Tell me how "reasonable restrictions" fits in with "shall not be infringed".

05-Mar-18
A good share of the people who want to ban the AR think it's a high powered machine gun. They even think that "AR" stands for "automatic rifle". And by a VAST majority they have no idea of what a semi-auto firearm even is. This is the kind of mis-information that they want to ignore the Constitution for and is why we need to constantly try to educate the people who truly want to know in order to counteract the outright LIES that are being fed to people by the gun-banning left.

05-Mar-18
Life member here, but not always in agreement with their decisions. .

05-Mar-18
Tell me about the "well regulated militia" part?

05-Mar-18
Back in that era, "well regulated" meant well trained, disciplined, which a militia would need to be in order to be an effective fighting force, "....necessary for the security of a free state....". But it also states that THE PEOPLE are the militia, and because a militia without arms in worthless, even if well trained, then, ".....the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

And the "infringers" they were specifically referring to was THE GOVERNMENT.

06-Mar-18
Sadly, we have, and the government forgot (or more likely started IGNORING) that a LONG time ago!

06-Mar-18
Did you guys sign up for the free gun insurance the NRA offers?

06-Mar-18
If not for the NRA our government would have already tried to take our 2A rights! Every gun owner should be a member of NRA!

06-Mar-18
They've been trying since 1968!

06-Mar-18
All this talk about "reasonable restrictions" has me dizzy. If you're not aware, the little nut job that shot up the school has committed felonies for which he should have already been locked up, but Broward County and the school chose to ignore them. Now someone enlighten me, just how in the hell would "reasonable restrictions" have mitigated that ? Nobody, and I mean nobody, can keep me from getting a gun if I want one badly enough. You guys that think more gun laws are what's needed, you ever heard of Prohibition ? The War On Drugs ? How about 90% of the guns in Detroit, Chicago, etc. being illegal ? How's that working for you ? I'm shaking my damn head here !

06-Mar-18
New gun rules are group punishment, a tactic only used by cowards...

06-Mar-18
The primary goal of the left has ALWAYS been to disarm Americans. It's been that way for 50 years. They've just learned that they can't do it outright so they have to milk every tragedy for all it's worth in hopes of getting ANY restrictions through towards their real goal. Whether or not it would have prevented anything is irrelevant. It's been learned that the Florida shooter was using 10 round magazines but that didn't stop the wailing about wanting to ban magazines holding more than 10 rounds.

07-Mar-18
For 40 years I didn’t hunt with guns. Just archery. Here’s what I realize though. If the NRA is ever dissolved there will be an assault on the 2nd amendment. Every animal rights group will join. If gun ownership is taken away hunting will follow and that includes bow hunting. Many of us remember Andy Roony on Sunday morning program calling bowhunting barbaric. If gun hunting goes ALL hunting goes.

07-Mar-18
DL is 102% correct. Even if someone has a "feel good" self boycott of the NRA, get over it. Like it or not, they are about the only ones really keeping the hunting and even outdoors tradition alive, along with other orgs such as SCI and RMEF.

The NRA has the biggest presence where it matters most though, in D.C..

07-Mar-18
Just by the fact that the left goes into a drooling, undie wadding, apoplectic seizure at the mere MENTION of the word "NRA" should tell you that they ARE doing their job. They don't even mention and aren't even aware of any other pro-gun groups.

07-Mar-18
Life Member but even if I wasn't a gun owner and just shot my traditional bows I would join. Like WW states, nothing drives the left so completely crazy as being an NRA member and Trump supporter. And what is great about the mailings with the NRA stickers is that you can put them on your left wing neighbors cars.

08-Mar-18
Dropped my NRA membership years ago when I had enough of wind-bag Wayne and his rhetoric. If the NRA could return to its purpose and ideals of decades ago I might rejoin. The majority of gun owners have had enough of the NRA's intractability. The NRA needs some fresh thinking and less "my way or the highway" mentality to survive.

08-Mar-18
Surrender of a Constitutional birthright is NOT survival. The left will NEVER, EVER be satisfied until no one has guns except for the government. They have a track record of this that goes back 50 years. I was 16 when I joined and the gun issue what first made me politically aware, and also exposed me to the fact that politicians would lie straight to your face. I didn't know much politically then, but I DID know guns, and I knew that what they were saying was BS.......and it still is.

08-Mar-18
You'll change your tune when they come for your guns. Just remember, our founding fathers were viewed the same way by the English.

08-Mar-18
You'll change your tune when they come for your guns. Just remember, our founding fathers were viewed the same way by the English.

08-Mar-18
What is "fresh thinking"??? Where are you getting your stats from? I'd love to see a link to the statement " The majority of gun owners have had enough of the NRA's intractability." Just offhand.... that's BS.

Every study and poll I have read " The majority of gun owners" support the NRA and their mission, hands down, members or not. And all are still are able to own guns, keep and bear arms, directly due to the NRA's "intractability". Where are you getting your info?

Wow. Giving up what freedoms we currently have now? Why?

I'm not obliged to silently sit by and have someone else tell me I have to give up ANYTHING I already have the freedom to do. I have done nothing wrong. I consider myself one of the good guys. And I consider well armed good guys to be a great contribution to a safe society. The stats (many compiled by the NRA) bear that out. Facts. Not fearful curl into the fetal position and give up emotion.

"pound sand" is a term that comes to mind.

WRT the "survival" of the NRA.... they are picking up new members by the droves. That's what happens when people see their constitutional rights are threatened.

08-Mar-18
"Tell me about the "well regulated militia" part?"

-a militia is a volunteer force of citizen soldiers. The 'well regulated' aspect, historically speaking, means they are rather informally composed in state and intra-state (municipal) geographical groups. To rationalize that line of thinking, if the leftists want to encourage hundreds if not thousands of state maintained citizen armies, I'm down. But, honestly, the gun grabbers may want to walk that back a bit.

08-Mar-18
The scary thing about human nature and, its fascination with culture, is its unwillingness to see we are no different now then we were 4000 years ago. A percentage of any society has always felt as if the are more intelligent then their peers. To prideful to be humbled by that reality has led to the failure of every major society in the history of mankind. America will follow of we deviate from our outlining documentation. Ironically, it's those that see themselves above our defining criteria, that will set the stage for our failure.

08-Mar-18
Member, but told the NRA fund raiser where they can stick it for what they did in Wi. to lobby the x-bow in. I told her WTF does the NRA have to do with the bowhunters and she agreed that the NRA step over their boundary with the x-bow agenda and she will pass it along to her higher ups; good way to appease a member, but think not.

• Sitka Gear