SCmuddy 11-Mar-18
ahunter55 11-Mar-18
12yards 26-Feb-19
Z Barebow 26-Feb-19
darralld 26-Feb-19
Bowbender 26-Feb-19
Ironbow 26-Feb-19
09-Mar-18
Anybody still use the JDA natural 2217 aluminums.I got a martin cougar magnum,65# pounds that they fly great from.they also help quiet the bow down.

09-Mar-18
When EF Hutton speaks...oh wait! He jumped ship. Been wondering where you've been cause I've noticed you haven't been on the Wall in a while.

09-Mar-18
Still shoot them & have a bunch of them in the different patterns. But there is a reason for that...LOL. Man we sold a bunch of those shafts. Darrall Dougherty

09-Mar-18
I have a few left Jim gave me.

09-Mar-18
I still have some swedged 2217 Doughety that I shoot out of my Steward.

09-Mar-18
Forest you need to blast one through one of those big Kansas bucks!

09-Mar-18
He sent me a dozen 2216's, colored like a snake, one year. Hard as all get out to find and scare the crap out of you when you do.

09-Mar-18
I might have a dozen... you want em?? 2216's though...

09-Mar-18
I have some 2216's that I converted to UniNock system. Sorry though, I will likely keep these as keepsakes.

But I have a ton of other aluminum's 2216, 2315, 2317, 2514. XX75 to X7's that I would sell reasonable.

10-Mar-18
I used to love the JDA shafts. The Serpents were a cool shaft, but man, no matter how we painted them they disappeared in the sage brush!!

Judd Cooney used to give me a dozen shafts as payment for dipping his arrows. The camo JDA's made a beautiful arrow. Killed a lot of mule deer and antelope with those things outa the Hoyt Pro Hunter...

10-Mar-18
Seems like all the good arrows and good camo and good ol compounds kinda fade away.good thing some old schoolers still keep it kicking.

10-Mar-18
I have 8 JD Naturals left. I started shooting them in '82. Should have bought a bunch more if I knew that would be discontinued...these 2117's are great.

10-Mar-18
Personally I’m glad we have so many choices now. Arrows, camo, compounds and trad bows are much better than they used to be.

10-Mar-18
Yep,there is a lot of good stuff now,but sometimes its just fun to use old school stuff.my grandson has a diamond series compound that smokes an arrow,but he still let's me make his arrows for him.started him at five,he is sixteen now.BSBD, yep,many good choices now.guess I'm just old school.still have some trebark camo,lol

10-Mar-18
Used to buy all my swaged 2213 JDA naturals from Mike's archery in Ironton, Ohio.

11-Mar-18
midwest I did also but 2217 JDA naturals,not the strongest set up kind of week in the front.

11-Mar-18
Old School JDA... there are a number of "modern archery pioneers" that I remember and Chuck Adams is probably one of the most well known...

But for me Jim Dougherty was THE ONE that contributed the most to setting the hook deeply in me.

All the others seemed to be so proud and full of themselves- Jim was like that favorite uncle that watches out for you. His stories never came across as Hero Tales to me but as "hey let me tell you a story that might help you do better in the woods"

Glad to know I am not the only one that still likes and aluminum arrow at times even in I am not lucky enough to have some JDA Specials tucked away.

11-Mar-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I don't have any of Jims Aluminums but I have plenty of others.. 2117s, 2216s, 2219s, 1913s, 2213s to name what I have. I've used Aluminums since the 70s except 2 years of trying Carbons (went back to Aluminums, never satisfied with Carbons). I'm a shopper & always looking for that great deal on Aluminums. They serve me well.

26-Feb-19
Were these kind of the bluish grayish camo?

26-Feb-19
12 yards- They had a snakeskin look. (Serpents)

26-Feb-19
Actually the JDA shaft came in 4 different patterns. The Gray "JDA natural", the black & gray "JDA camo", the gray, black & orange "JDA Supernatural" & last was the Serpent.

Darrall Dougherty

26-Feb-19
I had several dozen of the JDA Supernatural's. Thought it would look really cool to fletch them up with two yellows and a tan vane. Looked sharp! Till I had to find one after the shot.....

26-Feb-19
I have some of all the patterns. Mostly in 2117 and 2219. I was a Jim Dougherty dealer for years. Great shafts! The Serpents were really cool.

• Sitka Gear