jdee 13-Mar-18
APauls 13-Mar-18
ahunter55 13-Mar-18
Jaquomo 13-Mar-18
Bowriter 14-Mar-18
c3 14-Mar-18
Bob H in NH 14-Mar-18
13-Mar-18
What does everyone do with all of their photos and videos that they accumulate from their hunting trips? Do you just keep them all stored on a computer and share them on social media? Or does anyone put together DVD's or photo albums to outline your experiences?

13-Mar-18
Good question....I have been storing on my phone with the intention of one day printing and putting in an album

13-Mar-18

Brotsky's Link
We like to make little photo books out of ours and then they can be viewed anytime. Just started this not too long ago and they turn out great. My better half made an awesome one for my daughter and I for Christmas from all of our elk hunt pictures. Something like at my link above. You can generally find them on sale or deeply discounted from most sites at various times of the year.

13-Mar-18

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
I too make photo books like Brotsky discusses above. I also edit my video and photos into an entire movie (complete with music, voice over, titles, etc.) for every significant hunt that I take. I've also done this service for other hunters, taking their video from major hunts they have taken, and made them into movies for them.

13-Mar-18
Video make into movie burn onto DVD. Pictures I generally print all 4x6 put into photo album and I print the odd 8x10. Also save digital copy onto a large solid state drive for backup.

13-Mar-18
I thought they go in a cloud, whatever the he// that is

13-Mar-18
We have a "man cave" room, one wall has two sets of antelope horns, one wall is dedicated to a summer of "spartan races" with my son, one wall is scenery from hunting, hiking, vacations, and family members during hunts but not animal based, and the final wall is 8-10 pictures of each of us with our favorite hunting kill

We also do snap-fish photobooks of trips.

Other than that it's just on the computer, organized by year.

13-Mar-18
I'm obsessive compulsive about my family and hunting pictures. They're very important to me.

We do print some for photo albums. I keep a hunting photo album. My wife enjoys scrapbooking with our family pictures. So we keep them to print at times. My wife had a book printed of our Africa trip, with all the travel and hunting pictures in it with captions that were reprinted from the little journal we kept during the trip.

I keep all my photos on my personal work computer, where everything is stored on the Cloud.

That's not secure enough for me though, so periodically, maybe once a year, I backup every picture to a flashdrive, and I keep those flashdrives in my safety deposit box.

Bake

13-Mar-18
Photobucket is holding a lot of mine hostage.

13-Mar-18
Forgot, I also started using Google Photos a while back for a cloud backup. (Free)

13-Mar-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
In the early years (50s60s) many of my hunts/kills had few photos & sometimes none. Now, I have video & photos. I made a 20 page photo book with what I had from those early years up to current with captions ect.. My 4 oldest G-sons received one & a personal hand written letter to each from me, their Grand Pa. I've been on several bowhunts for various biggame with others & shoot photos, video constantly. once I get home I edit the video, make a DVD with bells & whistles & add all the still photos at the end. I have made several specific DVD bowhunts like me & sons Quebec Caribou & Daughters Buffalo bowhunt & her Deer hunting. I have well over 300, 2 hour raw footage DVDs burned of at least 25 years bowhunting & family events. For my finished basement man cave I have assorted photo collages & special framed pics.. When I attend a large event like the NFAA Nationals I shoot random photos of those I meet, friends I know & shoot with or around.. Then, I put them into a photo book & give as a gift to my close friends & each book is heavy of them & their shooting.. It makes a nice keep sake for many that would not have much to remember the event by.. I get some memorable pics at times. I have filmed my sons 1st buck kill, Daughters & G-sons 1st shot at a biggame animal & kill and so much more..

13-Mar-18
Back up everything of value on an external storage and put it in a fireproof safe or safe deposit box. Every month or so back up new stuff. External storage is so cheap now that you can't afford not to do it. The "Cloud" is just a big storage array somewhere, and no matter how many layers of security they have it is still susceptible to hacking or other corruption. Trust them, but trust yourself too.

A good friend just had a computer failure and years of photos were corrupted and couldn't be recovered by a very expensive third party. She never backed them up. Now they're gone forever.

14-Mar-18
LOL- I have over 10,000 photos on file. I backup every three months and disc store by category whenever I think about it. I have two external hard drives and keep one in safety deposit box. All my columns and articles and photos are moved to both of them quarterly.

14-Mar-18
I usually end up with one or two 1T usb drives a year worth of photo's and video's. I also double save to a second set of drives at my shop for backup. The best stuff ends up in my video's on youtube and vimeo. I need to give some of those photo books a try. There's nothing like having something in your hand to browse through vs. starring at the screen all the time. Cheers, Pete

14-Mar-18
Yes backup up often! A 1 or 2 TB USB drive is cheap money and holds LOTS of pictures.

First of the month, plug it in, hit hte button and it backs up, then it goes back in the fire safe

• Sitka Gear