Zim1 12-Apr-18
IdyllwildArcher 13-Apr-18
ELKMAN 13-Apr-18
Medicinemann 13-Apr-18
Zim1 13-Apr-18
splitlimb13 16-Apr-18
splitlimb13 16-Apr-18
12-Apr-18
The New Mexico draw results came out on April 12th last year. Hopefully that'll happen again this year...

12-Apr-18
One can only hope Ike. Good luck gents, assuming you didn’t apply where I did of course!

12-Apr-18
Is it supposed to?

12-Apr-18
Last year they set a precedence and proved the draw can be done quickly and results posted in like manner.

Who knows if they'll do the same.

12-Apr-18
Hope results come out so I can finalize my Nevada application. Just 4 days left on that. If I get lucky in NM I’ll do all powerball NV hunts. Taking the wife this year so just want one tag.

12-Apr-18
Zim1, they're all powerball hunts anyways ;)

12-Apr-18
Last year the draw results were slated to be revealed on a Wednesday, and the actual results were exactly 2 weeks earlier, on a Wednesday. This year's results are Friday the 27th. Maybe they'll post results 2 weeks early again?? On Friday the 13th??

12-Apr-18
You're right. For some reason I'd put the 27th, as the draw date, on my calendar

12-Apr-18
LOL we can't even get the dates straight ourselves - 24th? 27th? the Rules state the date is 25th.

That's the problem with over achieving and posting early - everyone starts to expect it!

In case anybody from NM G&F is monitoring websites and putting complainers and rabble rousers onto their naughty list, for the record I'll state that I have no problem waiting until the 25th...heh heh :o)

12-Apr-18
"Zim1, they're all powerball hunts anyways ;) "

You got that right. My odds of drawing a unicorn tag are almost identical.

12-Apr-18
Almost, but with 20 NV points I have realistic dreams when selecting the lowest tier sheep hunts at 1.1% as opposed to the best at .01%. I have drawn a 1% odds tag before. Last few years my last 4 choices were the lowest rated in the state. If I draw NM I’ll change gears for only the top 5, not wanting to draw.

13-Apr-18
That seems reasonable, but after spending several hours a few weeks ago examining the horn/age data that NV so wonderfully makes readily available, I would rather wait than have a tag in the bottom 4 of the available units. I wouldn't want a DBHS any lower than their mid-tier hunts unless I was able to keep my points and apply the next year, which is not the case for either.

I'd love to have the worst tag in the state and I'd be happy to hunt it, but I'm not going to take my one-and-done in a unit where I'm hunting 140 inch 4-5 year old class III rams. I'm sure there's bigger rams in each of these units that can be found if you put in the effort, but for the most part, that's what people are killing in the lower tier hunts.

But I have the advantage of being 39 and being able to wait. My strategy is the top 4 and then 1 mid-tier as 5th choice.

13-Apr-18
I'll take a 4.5 year old 140" over here... Just tell me when and where.

13-Apr-18
So the 25th is the latest that we'll have to wait for results?

13-Apr-18
Idyllwild, Yes I agree if I was 39 I’d do the same. But I’m not. I’m 58 with a pacemaker and other wheels falling off. So I’d like to go on any sheep hunt before I need a walker.

16-Apr-18
25th it is! Haha

16-Apr-18
Theve sat on them for a week already, whats one more Ohio? Haha I like the attitude though!!

• Sitka Gear