Little Bear 07-Jun-18
Beendare 07-Jun-18
elkstabber 08-Jun-18
trophyhill 08-Jun-18
Bowfreak 08-Jun-18
18-Apr-18

W8N4RUT's embedded Photo
W8N4RUT's embedded Photo
Hoping everyone can read the attachment.

I was re-reading a past PY Ethic magazine the other day and thought this article was exceptionally well done. While I appreciate and probably agree with Frank Noska's comment in Pat's interview that hunting will likely "never" go away in Alaska I would have said the same about BC.

While I'm a big fan and long time member of PY, I'm posting this more to point out what most of us know already. Our passion is in trouble.

In one sense I think a lot of the new blogs and podcasts are doing a great job of promoting our lifestyle--with younger Bowhunters. However, the idea that common sense is no longer common is nerve racking, that protests can eclipse facts is troubling.

What say you?

Scott

18-Apr-18
SFW and their new tag theft conORG in Arizona, lead by Pete Cimellaro, are using a recent hsus threat as the impetus to steal your big game tags and auction them off. again

I'm more concerned about the threat from within; I know what the anti hunter agenda is.

20-Apr-18
Theres our problem....2 posts in 2 days.

Hunters aren't joiners.....and they don't want to get involved in politics. Hunters use the excuse...it can't happen here. They think there are enough like minds in their area...and there probably are. The problem is incremental. By the time this crap gets to them....guess what, the Ca and Or and Wash hunters all remember they never lifted a finger.

Hunter apathy...its a sad state of affairs. If you are a hunter that doesn't vote and support a pro hunting org....you are the problem.

So the antis run roughshod over us.

20-Apr-18
Absolutely right

21-Apr-18
Yep, not just the antis that are killing guns and hunting....its the big segment of hunters/gun owners that does nothing

21-Apr-18
Unfortunatly, groups "within" like SFW leverage that hunter apathy very well.

21-Apr-18
Yep pretty nuts, I sent a personal communication to the authors asking why they are not moving to ban any and all LPG tanks. Or at least making it illegal to purchase until 21, BECAUSE the were used as a bomb at Columbine, media only reported on this fact mildly. We all know why.

So folks against 2nd amendment must be very proud of the Nazis stance on removing automatic weapons from the Jewish Lithuainian resistance so they could continue with the death camps and mass burial sites. Of the 80 people designated to burn and destroy all the evidence of the thousands of dead bodies, 13-15 escaped the Nazi guards to tell the rest of the world. That was rebroadcast on the Dems favorite PBS channels recently , I hope they all were paying attention. 2nd Amendment never has been nor ever will be about hunting, its about stopping tyranny and democratically elected governments from removing fundamental rights, killing their own people. The original "Never Again" our parents, grandparents warned us about, no longer covered in schools or popular media.

21-Apr-18
Well, now that this thread has unfortunately become politicized, I just hope the current Republican administration does not sell off our Federal public lands or continue to recklessly explore ways to mine and drill every square inch of OUR land. Politicians who aren’t knowledgeable about environmental issues and don’t care about habitat preservation will lead to the downfall of hunting, and believe me, they’re not all Democrats.

21-Apr-18
+1beendare

07-Jun-18
The threat is real! I'm hoping some of the "engaged bowsiter's" will help us in WV by making a call on this issue!

WV Governor temporarily halts DNR plan for controlled deer hunt at Chief Logan State Park 6/1/2018 CHARLESTON, WV – Gov. Jim Justice has temporarily halted a plan by the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources for a controlled deer hunt at Chief Logan State Park and has ordered the agency to do further research on the proposal and report back to him within 30 days. “I have become aware of concerns being voiced in Logan County as it pertains to this limited hunting proposal for Chief Logan State Park and I have asked DNR Director Stephen McDaniel to do further study on both sides of this issue and report back to me within 30 days,” Gov. Justice said Friday. “I am an avid outdoorsman and I want to be sure the DNR has looked at every facet of this, get all the facts and scientific research and then present it to me for consideration,” Gov. Justice added. “We want to make a decision that balances the interests of all sides.” Those wishing to express their opinion can contact the Governor’s office via phone 304-558-2000 or at governor.wv.gov.

Please call the Governor and ask him to support the DNR biologists who have proposed this controlled hunt.

07-Jun-18
What percentage of Bowsite or Rokslide members do you think belong to a pro hunting org like SCI or P&Y? Any guesses?

I bet its only 20%

If we could find a way to get everyone involved I truly believe we would blow the antis out of the water. I will be retired in a couple years....its on my list.

08-Jun-18
JTV: you might be right where you live but not in other areas. In Virginia when we wanted to have the Sunday hunting ban dropped it was mostly the democrats that supported it. There were key republicans that kept the ban going for over 20 years.

Virginia's republicans were divided on Sunday hunting because they wanted to support the church and wanted to support hunting. Ultimately, most of the republicans voted to keep hunters out of the woods.

The reason that I'm bringing this up is to point out that we hunters need to play nice with both republicans and democrats.

08-Jun-18
No such thing as a Democrat. Democrat=liberal

08-Jun-18
elkstabber,

What you are talking about are blue laws. You are right that conservatives support them due to their coziness with the church. But....they aren't against hunting, they are only supporting this as they think it appeases church folk. Just like conservatives aren't against alcohol sales on Sunday.....they are simply trying to placate their base.

• Sitka Gear