Outdoordan 25-Apr-18
abow4me 25-Apr-18
thedude 25-Apr-18
BULELK1 26-Apr-18
Rob in VT 26-Apr-18
24-Apr-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I have this Computer/Lounge Room here at home that I decided to add a bunch of my hunting area maps to the walls after re-painting the room.

Do any of you fellow bowsiters display your maps ?

#LovinLife

Robb

24-Apr-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I text a few pix out and it was suggested to cover up some of the maps!!

'Loose Lips' thread was mentioned----------> ha

So I did.....

24-Apr-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It is so very convenient now to help others with the maps right here by the 'Puter.

24-Apr-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

24-Apr-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Yes pretty much every map is from MyTopo.com

Thanks for looking

#LovinLife

Robb

24-Apr-18
Looks great Robb. I haven't put any of my maps up for pure display purposes but usually the first thing I do once I know I will be hunting a new area is get a map from mytopo and tack it up in the hunting room. I think it really helps to have the map where I can study it, even for just a few minutes a day, to familiarize myself with a new unit/area. I love maps though so I definitely see displaying some in the future. I really love to go back and look at ones I've taken on hunts and see all the notes and sweat stains. Brings back alot of memories!

24-Apr-18
Being a pilot, I have a bunch of outdated aeronautical sectional charts. I took some of them and spliced them together and used them for wallpaper on part of one of my basement walls that I have deer heads hanging on. It makes kind of a cool wallpaper...

24-Apr-18
Put a sheet of thin steel behind the map and then you can move magnets around like a chess game, plotting your next move and shifting locations in an instant. Mr. Gopher won't know what hit him!

24-Apr-18
I'll take whatever's behind curtain one Alex........:)

Good stuff Robb, wish I had a room to do that with!

25-Apr-18
Of course the shears are down now! haha

I do get a lot of compliments on how I have it set-up and friends sure enjoy going over a big map vs the phone screen!

Thanks------>

Good luck, Robb

25-Apr-18
I really like it, and it is what I envision my room to be like. However my room is a cluttered mess. This motivated me to get in there and do some sorting and organizing yesterday.

25-Apr-18
The ultimate man cave room in addition to your TR.

25-Apr-18
I have a large topo map glued to a piece of plywood and mounted on the wall. I have color coded push pins for the location of all the bulls, cows, and mulies we have killed since 2006. Kind of neat to see the patterns of the kill sites.

25-Apr-18
I like it!

25-Apr-18
I have multiple maps covering the walls in my office as we are always talking about roads, places to hunt, etc at work. But my actually hunting maps that I have marked up are tucked away in a safe and secure place at home. For my eyes only :-)

25-Apr-18
I Used to think I might have a problem since I have a giant stack of maps that covers most of interior alaska and takes up a corner of my living room. With this thread I know I am not alone

26-Apr-18
That is a great idea Rob in Vt !

One color for elk

Another color for Mule deer

Plus a color for Rams

On each map/state/units

Thanks for the suggestion

Good luck, Robb

26-Apr-18
Yes bulls are blue pins, cows are pink, and Mule deer bucks are green.

• Sitka Gear