buzz mc 29-Apr-18
Bou'bound 29-Apr-18
jjs 29-Apr-18
Tonybear61 29-Apr-18
Bowriter 30-Apr-18
elkstabber 30-Apr-18
lou sckaunt 30-Apr-18
27-Apr-18
I’ve seen a few things on Facebook in regards to the airbow” being considered for use during archery season in Tennessee. Is this true?

27-Apr-18
I can't say for sure if there is a push but I have looked and can't find any kind of state bowhunting organization.

27-Apr-18
this is not a bow, it shoots an arrow but no limbs, it just a air gun that shoots an arrow, do not call it an airbow its not a bow its not a bow its not a bow

27-Apr-18
Call it the “Arrow Gun”

And it won’t be in your archery season.

27-Apr-18
Can't archery industry groups file complaints with the FTC about the misleading name of this thing? A bow is a fairly easily defined mechanical device and this clearly is not one. I wouldn't mind shooting one myself, it seems like a fun toy, but it has absolutely no business sharing seasonal allotments with archery equipment.

27-Apr-18
And it isn't taxed with Pittman-Robertson money as a hunting weapon. This means that Crosman is making hunting weapon without any contribution to conservation efforts.

27-Apr-18

elkstabber's Link

27-Apr-18
In my opinion too the guys that can't intelligently distinguish between crossbows and vertical bows as it relates to that spearate debate, and casually throw the term "crossgun" out there are enabling and encouraging this clusterfest. Now we are seeing the reaping of what was sewn there.

27-Apr-18
Excellent point...let me rephrase that question with the term “airgun”

27-Apr-18
In utility, the crossbow and airgun are almost identical. Don't like either in archery season.

27-Apr-18
Any minute now Bowriter should be along, with a picture of himself, to clear this matter up.

28-Apr-18
This is why you shut down crossbows as well. I honestly can't see enough difference in the fundamental operation of a crossbow vs the airbow to warrant exclusion of the airbow where crossbows are already allowed.

Good luck, and I hope the airbow fails to get a hold in any archery season but in all honesty, many so called 'bowhunters' made this happen. Welcome to the big tent.

28-Apr-18
(1) Yes, it was supposed to be discussed at the Commission meeting, last week. They have made no comment on what, if anything, was said. It appears the 3" buck rule will be reinstated. The final meeting is May 14, in Nashville. Now is the time to let your representative know how you feel. Also discussed was returning to a three-buck limit and banning anything but synthetic deer urine as an attractant. No official word on those.

28-Apr-18
What difference does it make what people use as long as more people get out??? That's the mantra of the lazy crossbow lovers in WI.

28-Apr-18
Hell,we should then be able to use our REAL muzzleloaders in archery season also eh?

28-Apr-18
Sounds like Crosman is spending big bucks lobbying to get this thing allowed all over the place. I truly doubt its hunters that are pushing for it.

29-Apr-18
TWRA has recommended that the airbow be permitted for handicapped veterans and handicapped hunters that are permanently confined to a wheelchair. It will be voted on in the May meeting.

29-Apr-18
Well that blows

29-Apr-18
SB, that is my exact sentiment, cap & round ball.

29-Apr-18
ATA has changed its position on allowing crossbows in the general archery season, sooo, would they even consider the airgun??? Hopefully not, it not even archery equipment, only thing it has in common is the shaft and broadhead. Just because I have something that shoots tennis balls doesn't make it eligible for court play, neither does a gun that shoots a golf ball eligible for the masters.

30-Apr-18
As I have posted before, approving the airbow will make difference, biologically. The kill won't won't suddenly mushroom and it won't be popular for long, if at all. But I oppose it simply because, you have to, at some point, say, "enough is enough" or just say, "one season, shoot what you want." Also being discussed was banning real deer urine. If they do that, then, they would be painted into a corner to be forced to ban any form of baiting or concentrated, supplemental feeding. Interesting to see how they handle that one.

30-Apr-18

elkstabber's embedded Photo
elkstabber's embedded Photo

elkstabber's Link
To those who feel that the crossbow and arrowgun are functionally identical I beg to differ. Here is the next generation of the arrowgun:

30-Apr-18
ATA....what a joke, "lets wait until damn near every state in the union has full crossbow inclusion than stand agains it...after we make our cut of course". the cross GUN was the inch......we have not even began to see the mile

and for discussions sake, crossgun's really are not that much of an advantage over modern compound bows.

• Sitka Gear