Overland 30-Apr-18
elk yinzer 30-Apr-18
LKH 30-Apr-18
Rut Nut 30-Apr-18
Kurt 30-Apr-18
Cheesehead Mike 30-Apr-18
LINK 30-Apr-18
30-Apr-18
I can find the ounce info, but can't seem to find a place to get the calorie counts for the different types. Any help?

30-Apr-18
Go to mountainhouse.com. Select entrees. Select an item like beef stroganoff. There are three photos on the page that you can choose. One of them is the nutritional info.

30-Apr-18
Thanks

30-Apr-18
Calorie counts for the single serving are pretty low. I like the 2-3 serving size for a meal. Breakfast is fine at 1 serving but it’s hard for me to live in the mountains on 1200 calories a day. What can I say though I’m probably in the minority that gains or at least maintains weight on an elk hunt,lol.

30-Apr-18
Make sure you select the larger sizes. The Pro Packs are smaller, and have fewer calories. If you carry some olive oil with you and mix a little in, it ups the calorie count significantly.

30-Apr-18
That is assuming you can digest it.

30-Apr-18
I've used Mountain House a lot and agree, it ain't enough. Thinking about getting some of the cans and vacuum packing myself.

30-Apr-18
I found the Pro Paks to be just right! The 2.5 serving size always was too much for me. And I like that they(PRo Paks) are vacuum packed and thus take up less room. It's just too bad they seem harder to find!

30-Apr-18
Foil pack tuna augments some of the chicken and vegetable dishes very well...2.5 or 4 ounce size. Also dry mashed potatoes added to almost any of the dishes really fills them out and weighs almost nothing.

30-Apr-18
Yep, Idahoan potatoes for dessert...

30-Apr-18
I just carry an assortment of Lara bars for dessert. ;)

• Sitka Gear