Ben 05-May-18
bad karma 05-May-18
lewis 05-May-18
Genesis 06-May-18
leftee 06-May-18
Trial153 06-May-18
05-May-18

DL's Link
This is some serious consequences from a tick bite. A meat allergy. Can you imagine as a hunter not being able to eat meat???

05-May-18
I found a half dozen different Lone Star ticks crawling on me while turkey hunting last week. Thought about that red meat allergy the whole time..

05-May-18
Befrin (little better residual) or Permethrin. Tucking in shirttails,wearing high boots everything with a good coverage of spray the night before and then around your waist of a tucked shirt and hitting boot collar again before hitting the field.

05-May-18

Genesis's Link
Just a reminder

05-May-18
Lyme disease was named from its original diagnosis in Lyme, CT

05-May-18
When we're going to be working in an area where ticks may be we do as above and also will wrap duct tape around the pant cuff over the boot so it makes a solid barrier preventing the little SOBs from, "coming up from the basement".

05-May-18
I saw a few adult Lone stars in KS last week. Buddy must have walked through a hatch/nest as he took about 60 nymph off and me and another buddy only took about 20 each of the nymph stage of a tick off

05-May-18
Last year I got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from a tick bite. Be careful out there!

05-May-18
I started using Sawyers spray (Permethrin) on my clothes several years ago. No more ticks or chiggers since. This stuff works great and Walmart had it on sale about 2 weeks ago for $2.50 a bottle so I bought 4 just to put on the shelf. One bottle usually lasts all season.

05-May-18
Permethrin is great stuff. Spray, dry and be without ticks.

05-May-18
A friend of mine has that very allergy he can eat pork but no beef.We treat our clothes each year with a permethrin concentrate diluted with water we’re good to go for the year and we live and hunt in tick country Lewis

06-May-18
Buy the concentrate at a farm supply and a couple of empty spray bottles and mix your on.The one ritual I’ve added to all my outdoor activities.

06-May-18
Lymes has adversely affected my wife’s life (and therefore mine)for about 30 yrs.We go through a lot of Sawyers annually and I take extreme precautions having lived the consequences. ‘

06-May-18
Ticks are already bad this year in NY, it pays to be diligent and spray your clothes and check yourself often

• Sitka Gear