Rut Nut 10-May-18
loesshillsarcher 10-May-18
Pyrannah 10-May-18
lewis 10-May-18
foxbo 11-May-18
08-May-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
I was set up on a turkey yesterday and he didn’t sound like he was coming closer so I decided to loop around on him and change position.

Only having to walk a short ways I figured I’d just hold my arrow in my hand rather than putting it in my quiver... bad idea... a few yards further I tripped and sliced my leg pretty good. I had a leafy wear suit on over my jeans and still got sliced deep and long.

I guess it could have been a lot worse... be careful out there!!

08-May-18
I remember a thread last year and people saying they walk around the elk woods with an arrow locked and loaded. No thanks!

08-May-18
If it was a Rage, you'd be dead! (someone had to say it)

Glad you are okay. Them being a little less likely to do major damage in a slip and stick situation is definitely a positive I see with mechanicals versus the fixed-blades.

08-May-18
You just slapped some duct tape on it and continued hunting right? Heal up quickly Shug. Ron

08-May-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Thanks guys.... yes Ron ..no duct tape just some napkins and the nylon strap from my pack to hold them in place.

08-May-18
Doesn't surprise me one bit... Ed F

08-May-18
Shug,

Good to hear everything turned out good...dead bird and all!

Mark

08-May-18
Full disclosure.... The bird was from a week ago ...yesterday I hobbled out of the woods crying like a baby all the way to the urgent care center..

08-May-18
Gotta say it..... "what broadhead did you use???"..... heheheheh.....

Good advice. I see it lot here, folks wandering around with an arrow on the string..... just takes a fraction of a second to slip..... or worse yet you could cut a bowstring..... =D

08-May-18
Urgent care?! Heck, just go home and put some super glue on it followed by covering it in baking soda! It will only burn for a second ??

08-May-18
Good on you for turkey hunting old school. On the ground, against a tree. Tough to pull off, but very satisfying when it all comes together. Sucks about the leg though.

08-May-18
That hole is worth a few sutures.

08-May-18
Damn! Glad it wasn't worse!

08-May-18
Hope you heal well. Nasty.

As stated, a Rage, or even worse, a Bullhead would have cut your leg off.

08-May-18
Glad it all worked out for you.See people doing it all too often.Elk vids on Youtube are rife with it.Sometimes even running or climbing over deadfalls etc.Gonna go really bad for them sometime-hope their heads are dull.

08-May-18
Hate to see people walking around with a knocked arrow too. Something bad will happen!

08-May-18
Dang Mark..Heal up and get back after it.

08-May-18
Heal up for bares!

08-May-18
Thanks guys... just a dumb mistake. I never walk with a knocked arrow that would be dangerous.... The fact that I’ve become a cripple in recent years played a big part in This fiasco.

09-May-18
Didn't get much penetration Shug. Might wanna check that broadhead for sharpness!

Glad you're ok, I bet that's not the only scar you can point to and tell a good story.

09-May-18
Glad you’re ok! Could definitely have been worse-great safety share.

09-May-18
All the more reason not to sharpen your broadheads.

Glad you're fine.

09-May-18
Thanks guys...

09-May-18
Just glad the photo wasn’t taken a lot closer

09-May-18
Ouch! Glad your ok. Thanks for the reminder.

10-May-18
Dang Shug! A little bit higher and to the left and you could have done some major damage to your patellar tendon!

10-May-18
Ouchy! Whew. glad it wasn't worse.

10-May-18
Dang!! Thanks for the reminder

10-May-18
Great advice and with a picture that speaks more than a thousand words hope for a speedy recovery Lewis

11-May-18
Wow! Sorry you did that. At least being from Jersey, you didn't field dress yourself. :)

• Sitka Gear