12yards 18-May-18
Bowriter 18-May-18
midwest 18-May-18
Trial153 18-May-18
Bowriter 18-May-18
17-May-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Combine the following ingredients: 1-wet boat and trailer with 2-wet, slick soled shoes. Next, without looking, step from boat onto trailer step. Do this while boat is backed into garage with concrete floor. Albeit, the fall is short, the stop for a 74-year old body can be quite "interesting". Among the various body parts that took the abuse, one wrist, one elbow and one knee took the brunt. I "adjusted the knee but this morning, at 3:20, as I prepare to go nail me a bunch of smallmouth or perhaps crappie, I find even my dang eyelids are sore. Aint old age wonderful? Also, lasterday, I quickly ate a dozen raw oysters with hot sauce and horseraddish. They were great going down. Three hours later, as they quickly began to exit my body, I remembered why I had quit eating them. But I do love me some oysters. So, I once again, will try to correct this knee problem. Perhaps you will hear me as I do it. This is a procedure I have had to do on a couple occasions. It is not as much fun as you might think.

17-May-18
Sorry to hear of your digestive tract challenges and the knee injury. I hope the smallies make it all feel better. Share pictures please ( of the fish that is not the oysters)

17-May-18
You have tan legs.

17-May-18
WOW! The old kneecap looks a bit out of place......................................... ;-)

17-May-18

Well, I'm back. Not one of my better mornings. In addition to the pain, I quickly noticed my Yamaha was not spitting out any water. Used the trolling motor to get it back on the trailer, waiting for my mechanic to open up. Hope it is just a blocked port and not a water pump. Now, icing the knee and wrist. As for the tan legs, Kodiak, I spend 4-5 days a week in the front of a bass boat. I stay somewhat tanned all year. I'm thinking I'm going to take a week off. I go to AL next Friday for a three day assault on the bream. They bed on the full moon in May and we don't keep any we can get our hand around. They average about a pound.

17-May-18
Nice Gill!!!

17-May-18

In a three-day period, fishing 2-3 hours in the morning and again in the afternoon, I will fillet about 150-200 that size. We also catch a few bass while we are at it.

17-May-18
150-200??? What is the daily creel limit there?

17-May-18
Check your impeller. Not a difficult thing to do. All you need is a socket set to take bottom end off. Here is a video of a couple guys doing exactly that while in the middle of a fishing tournament.

17-May-18
Or try putting a toothpick or small straw in the port hole for exit water. Alot of times mine will get gunked up with sand and blocks the water from coming out

17-May-18
We don’t bounce well at this age. I have neuropathy in my feet so I wear crocs a lot. Wet surfaces, ice and snow are recipes for a fall. I can still turn quick when falling so I can use my hands and arms to lighten the impact. What’s real bad is bifocals and stairs. I think I’m at the floor level and take a step. Almost every year where I hunt MD there are stairs that I fall on. Fortunately it’s an old house with solid plaster walls. Otherwise there would be a head imprint there.

17-May-18
At least the oysters didn't backtrack.

17-May-18
(1) Did the straw thing to clear the intake. Not that. I pay people who know what they are doing with outboards. I get paid to write. (2)- No creel limit, private lake.

18-May-18
I guess they must do things differently in Alabama..................................................in PA creel limits apply to all lakes, whether they are public or private.

18-May-18
Ish! You eat big bass?

18-May-18
Eat bass, son, I'll eat anything if it tastes good and bass, the small ones, under 1.5-pounds are as good as crappie. We need to take at least 100 bass a year out of the lake to maintain a proper balance. Everything over 16" gets thrown back, same with everything under 12". Be hard to find another lake this size producing bass over 10# on a regular basis.

18-May-18
Bass tastes just like a big bluegill!

18-May-18
Sea Bass ...now we are talking. Blue points always agreed with me.. splash of hot sauce and lemon.

18-May-18
These are fresh water, largemouth. But I did have a dozen oysters two nights ago...with horseraddish. I fry them together, I defy you to tell which are bass, bluegill or crappie. Of course, you do have to know how to fry fish.

• Sitka Gear