SCmuddy 29-May-18
SCmuddy 29-May-18
Z Barebow 29-May-18
Cheesehead Mike 29-May-18
Pyrannah 29-May-18
SCmuddy 29-May-18
DonVathome 01-Jun-18
27-May-18
On the plus side they lasted so well it’s been years since I needed replacements from r my Microtex Pants

On the downside they are now discontinued.

Without breaking the bank what are some fatigue style (loose fitting cargo pockets etc) hunting pants you guys like- both a summer lightt weight pant and a very slightly heavier pant?

27-May-18
KUIU Attacks. Also like Prana Zion’s as well which are very lightweight. I buy solids and wear them year round. Worth the coin.

27-May-18
Attack’s for sure

27-May-18
I think you guys missed the breaking the bank part.

27-May-18
microtex never wears out! never!!! Attack pants are cool, I have several pair but the gets pills after a few washes.

27-May-18
I will say if all clothes were as durable as cabelas old microtex then most companies would go out of business, you just can't wear them out

27-May-18
Lightweight options are easy. Just go with any nylon based options.

Midweight options get harder. The best microtec replacement that is affordably priced I have found is under armor storm front polyester pants With a DWR finish. 100%polyester that dries lightning fast and is very breAthable. Warm and cool both. God Bless

28-May-18
Agree with flyingbrass.

SCmuddy, What size waist?

28-May-18
X2 on the Zion pants, especially for our hot, humid early season in the Carolinas. Watch for sales from places like Backcountry and you can find them in the $50 range...

28-May-18

Don K's embedded Photo
Don K's embedded Photo
Is the new way to wear your Zions?

28-May-18
I have 4 pairs of Zions. One is lined. Most comfortable pants I have ever worn.

Steep and Cheap is where I picked mine up.

28-May-18
Microtex never fit me quote right, Kuiu Attacks are my go to pant.

28-May-18
I like both Prana and microtex

My first set of microtex has faded beyond use but I have two other pair ready to roll

28-May-18
I had two pairs of Microtex previously. I liked the durability but the crotch was enormous in them. I wore them several seasons and then gave them to my dad.

I just like the nylon's ability to stretch and dry quickly. Worth the extra coin in my opinion. I have two pairs of Zions I wear regularly for the last two years, year round. Very durable for as thin as they are. For $60-$75 you can't go wrong.

28-May-18
Love the heavier shirt, use it nearly every week...... gave the pants away.

Attacks are more money, but not outrageously so. Best part is unlike the microtex they actually fit and function.... Great travel pants in solid colors too.

Been looking at midlayer options for when the shirt wears out. Have a few choices.... have to wonder if they will still be there by the time the shirt does wear out.... =D

28-May-18
"I liked the durability but the crotch was enormous in them."

Must be why they fit me so well. :):):):)

28-May-18
I stocked up on Microtex shirts in Outfitter camo when they were closing out. Will have trouble wearing out 4 of them in regular weight and two lightweight ones unless I hunt until I'm 90! As for the the Microtex pants, I just use them whitetail hunting as one of my layers. Otherwise, as many have noted KUIU Attack pants fit better and are a fine combo of fit, warmth, wind and water resistance, but decent to hike in with side zips, etc. Worth the money as I get a lot of use out of them on high country and bear hunts. I do have to stay out of the black berries in western BC and cat-claw in AZ (where they are going to get pulled apart) with Attacks, whereas Microtex is tough enough to use there.

28-May-18
I have several sets of Microtex. I'm wondering why Cabelas discontinued them? There is no replacement if you ask me. That's really a great product!

28-May-18
Man kuiu attack’s at eu there in price.. went and took a look but at 140, I almost have two pranas

I’ll keep an eye out for used though

29-May-18
Midwest- you are my hero for throwing that zinger

I am somewhere in the 33ish range although my last set of Microtex 34s were YUUUGE even with the shed I am building over my tool (not sure why my wife says it’s a 3 car garage over a moped)

Thank you all for the thoughts- will definitely check the attacks- I don’t mind paying if they last like the Microtex

29-May-18
HOLY HELLLLL!!

Kuiu is higher than camel p.......

Nevermind

Dangit!! You boys owning 3-5 pair need to put me in your will.

29-May-18
We don't need to hear about your saggy old man balls Nick! LOL!

29-May-18
I beg to differ on the Microtex never wearing out. I have several pairs and I've worn holes through the crotch in the ones I wore the most. I guess that huge crotch might not be too big for everybody. Hopefully it's not because of excessive sagging...

29-May-18
I just looked and have two nice shaped 36T of your interested they too big for me, need 34s

29-May-18
I greatly appreciate the thought and my hunting buddy is fatter and taller so I will advise him and see if he can’t help your hunting finances out.

My last 34s were too big in the waist.

Dying at all the old saggy balled bastards that still chase critters

01-Jun-18
Funny I couldn’t figure out why you want a replacement I did not know they were discontinued luckily I have a few pairs!

• Sitka Gear