badbull 28-May-18
Woods Walker 28-May-18
Paul@thefort 28-May-18
newfi1946moose 28-May-18
trail hound 28-May-18
pappy 29-May-18
Griz 29-May-18
28-May-18
Thank you. My father, James H, R.I.P. dad.

28-May-18

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
My father is second from the left with his three brothers. Dad (5th division, Marine) survived Iwo Jima but lost his 19 year old brother far right (4th division, Marine) on Iwo. Five years later his second youngest brother (2nd from right) was KIA in Korea.

Today we reflect on all that is and all that wasn’t. God Bless our fallen Warriors.

28-May-18
My dad made it home...he was fortunate. But he lost too many high school classmates and friends during WWII. He spoke often of his best buddy, who died at the Remagen (sp?) Bridge entering Germany...on his birthday. 82nd Airborne, he made it through to that point only to fall in the final weeks of the war. That weighed heavy on Dad's mind throughout his life.

I just returned from my parents' graveside after "piping" them a couple tunes, in sacred memory...Dad LOVED the bagpipes.

28-May-18
God Bless Them All

28-May-18
Touching stories above. Thank you to all and to the families that suffered loss. We are truly grateful for the sacrifice. God bless men

28-May-18
Battle of Attu (only WWII ground battle fought on US soil) was 75 years ago.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bloody-but-forgotten-wwii-battle-still-haunts-soldiers/ar-AAxSBsF?li=BBnbfcL&OCID=HPDHP

Uncle Richard was shot down and killed over Kiska. His photo looks down on me as I type this. All gave some... My Mom told me this chilling story about when they were kids: “The six of us were chatting about what we were going to do when we grew up. After the usual nurse, teacher, farmer, policeman mentions, they got to Richard (six or seven years old), who said, ‘I’m going to go into the army and get killed.’”

28-May-18
BTM...my uncle was on Attu & Kiska. Truly a forgotten battle, which is a shame.

28-May-18
Today I would like to Honor Lt Col Christopher "Otis" Raible and Sgt Bradley Atwell. These two Marines served at MCAS Yuma and were killed defending Camp Bastion in Afghanistan during an attack by the Taliban. I honor their sacrifice to all of us. God Bless.

28-May-18
A big thank you to all those who have served, making America the greatest place on Earth.

28-May-18

BTM's embedded Photo
BTM's embedded Photo

28-May-18

jstephens61's embedded Photo
jstephens61's embedded Photo
I lost dad in 1966. I was 5 and I remember it like it was yesterday.

28-May-18
Yesterday I finished reading Tom Brokaw’s book The Greatest Generation. Superb!

I’m sure many of you have read it. If not, get a copy; you'll be greatly enriched.

28-May-18
Thanks for all that served and gave the ultimate sacrifice. Without them wouldn't be able to do the things we do!

28-May-18
BTM...I read that several years ago. It answered a lot of unasked questions for me.

28-May-18
Not a day passes without a memory of best friend and classmate, Major Robert L. Olson. Grateful to all we honor on this day.

28-May-18
So proud of my 24yr old daughter who is full time in the Air National Guard. I cannot believe some if the horrible treatment that her and many fellow servicemen are subjected too. People yelling "Baby killer!" or "hey have you killed any innocent people lately?" Mostly by younger adults who have no effing idea what sacrifices have been made on their behalf. She is to told to not wear fatigues in public when alone due to the concern of becoming a target for harassment or terrorism. I tell her often how proud I am!!

28-May-18
Condolences to those here who’ve lost friends and family.

28-May-18
Thank you to all that have served, and that currently serve. My dad was in the Navy, my nephew is an Army Ranger.

For those that have lost someone, my deepest gratitude and condolences.

28-May-18
Thank you to all who served!

28-May-18
I was fortunate my dad made it home from Korea alive. Being a veteran myself I mourn the soldiers that have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country. It's sad how our military is treated and those that don't respect it. They need to pack up and leave America permanently.

28-May-18
A lot of tough stories for sure my dad was in Europe for almost 4 years he also had 4 brothers that served I think all of them in the Pacific theater.My wife’s dad served in Europe.God bless our service men.Lewis

28-May-18
Sad stories above. I was raised by my uncle who took a bullet in his lat during the " Battle of the Bulge". I can't immagine how I would have gotten by without him (I was 5 yrs. old). He has been gone many years now but I still feel great ful for his service and all those who served and especially those that gave all. I am kind of surprised that some are being called " baby killers" as they did when I served in the sixties.

28-May-18
The best thing we can do to honor the memory of these great men is to ALWAYS make sure we vote, and I don't care what level of government it is or how bad the weather/traffic is, you're late for dinner, etc. They paid the ultimate price so that we can live as a FREE people. The least we can do is carry on with the freedom they gave us with their sacrifice.

28-May-18
I attended the Memorial Day service here in Ft. Collins this morning. Disappointed by the lack of attendance, as many others were enjoying their three day weekend and without much knowledge of why.

28-May-18
My dad was the flight engineer on a Catalina in the Pacific. He spoke highly of their pilot, a Lt. Sparks. Only remember him talking about two things...when they ran low on fuel and landed at Tinian five days after the invasion there. Bodies were floating in the surf around the plane. The other was their getting hit with the typhoon and how they road it out during the night. He passed in 2000. I miss sitting w/him on the porch and arguing Fords v. Chevy v. Dodge.

28-May-18
My father served during ww2 as a rifle instructer. Was damn fortunate not to go oversees, but almost regretted it. Never forget and always be grateful what brave men have done to preserve our freedom! God bless America!

29-May-18

pappy's embedded Photo
always my hero
pappy's embedded Photo
always my hero
lost my brother 3/21/67 vietnam. i located the battlefield and visited. i paid honor to him and the others lost that day also. i will be returning home soon

29-May-18

Griz's embedded Photo
Griz's embedded Photo
Richard W. Brown was my neighbor growing up. He was a friend and hero to me both as a boy and an adult. He fought in Vietnam with the 101st Airborne and went through hell. He came back but the hell followed him and he took his own life in 2002. God bless him and all of the people who fought for and gave their lives for the United States. God bless America.

• Sitka Gear