BullBuster 31-May-18
Killbuck 31-May-18
BullBuster 01-Jun-18
sticksender 01-Jun-18
Killbuck 01-Jun-18
BullBuster 01-Jun-18
Killbuck 01-Jun-18
31-May-18
Let me preface this by saying that I'm an out of shape 60 yo retired guy that plants about 6 acres a year. I use to use Pelletized lime because my fields cannot be excessed by lime trailers. Now, loading 100 50lb bags no longer appeal to me so I have changed to liquid calcium. All I do is dump 2.5 gallons in my sprayer add a gallon of micro-nutrient fill with water and go. Several people told me this would not work but my soil tests came back @ 6.5-7 ph in all fields. My best in 15 years. I showed my Seedy the reports and he said this should be my garden! I've also gone almost exclusively to liquid fertilizer for much the same reason. If I want to up my Nitrogen I put in beans for a year as getting high N liquid is a problem. Work smarter not harder folks!

31-May-18
gallon of micronutrient? what's that?

31-May-18
It's called Plot Enhancer. Got Boron and all the goodies.

31-May-18
How big is your sprayer?

31-May-18
Great feedback Killbuck...thank you!

Mark

31-May-18
I am very intrigued, Killbuck.... So you used 2-1/2 gallons of liquid cal and 1 gallon of the micronutrients on the total of 6 acres? How much water to do you then mix in? What was your Ph before application and how long did it take to get to the final results of 6.5 to 7? We have some plots that I really want to try to work on some things, Ph being one of them. Great timing on this.....

31-May-18
No, I typically spray 2.5 gallons of cal and a gallon of plot E w/ 25 gallons of water and cover about 1.5 acres. Repeat as necessary.

31-May-18
Liquid Cal ups the PH almost instantly. No need to wait a year for your #'s to change. Prior to using it I had to haul tons to get to 5.5.

31-May-18
What brand or where do you get the liquid cal?

31-May-18
I use 3% calcium I originally bought on line. Now I get from Merit seed in Millersburg/Berlin Ohio.

01-Jun-18
In no way am I trying to be disrespectful on antagonistic, but I assume you are applying CaCl. From what i am reading by university research, that chemical does not affect soil pH. It is unable to bind protons in the soil, thus not elevating pH. Could there be a confounding factor in your case Killbuck?

01-Jun-18
Not claiming to be an expert by any means, but once you get soil pH to where it needs to be using lime, it should be fairly stable for years. Our ag fields here will typically need lime re-applied only every 10-15 years. Obtaining a perfect pH for food plots is even less critical, but maybe I'm not fully understanding your situation.

01-Jun-18
Go to AgriTecInt.com. Lots of info there. My fields with pelletized lime spread don't hold their PH for more than a couple years.

01-Jun-18
Venders info is always iffy

01-Jun-18
Until it quits working for me I'm not humping 50lb bags anymore.

• Sitka Gear