ELKMAN 02-Jun-18
Bowriter 02-Jun-18
Kodiak 02-Jun-18
Quinn @work 02-Jun-18
Rut Nut 02-Jun-18
01-Jun-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
I was remembering something this morning. Back in 1995, along with cameraman, Gary Holmes, I started hunting season with elk in NM and CO. Then we went to IL, IA, MO, NE deer hunting. From there, I went to Manitoba. I then had a few days at home and went Sask. and back to IL for a week, then on to IA-MO-NE. Then straight to WV and Ohio, then AL and again back to the three state triangle of IA-NE-MO. From there, I went to LA and then MS and back to AL.

As far as I can remember, I was home seven-days from late August to Jan. 1. I sure must have liked hunting a lot more then. For a few years, I started with Caribou in Quebec, elk in NM and CO and then a marathon series of deer hunts all over the country and two Canadian provinces.

Now, I drive less than five-miles and have to give that some thought on some mornings.

Gary and I with one of the bulls I killed on camera when we both worked for Stoney-Wolf Productions. Dang we had some good times and probably a little Early Times.

01-Jun-18
It's not over until it's over. Good times!!!!

01-Jun-18
Good shot, both picture and arrow...

01-Jun-18
How exciting was that? Seeing so much country, and so many animals. Congrats on the career!

01-Jun-18
That is dedication.

02-Jun-18
After about 15-years, it became work. When it is your job, it is not nearly as much fun. Getting up and going out in bad weather is okay if you do it because you want to. It is not so great if you do it because you have to.

02-Jun-18
Yeah, what a bummer....

02-Jun-18
That is the reason I have refused to enter the "industry" for the last 20 years, and I'm very happy with my decision seeing where it's gone...

02-Jun-18
Elkman, you are dead on. It is flat embarrassing. Glad I got out when I did.

02-Jun-18
I enjoyed your Stoney Point videos.

You have a very likable personality that translated to video very well. A lot of these new guys should take lessons.

02-Jun-18
That’s a lot of “I” ‘s for one post.

02-Jun-18
Yeah, apparently there are way more than one “I”’s in bowriter! ;-)

• Sitka Gear