Vids 08-Jun-18
bud 09-Jun-18
SteveB 09-Jun-18
RD in WI 09-Jun-18
tundrajumper 10-Jun-18
surfrat 11-Jun-18
Nimrod90 11-Jun-18
02-Jun-18
Yep its a Friday nite,I'm divorced,fletching up some arrows,and enjoying some old school blue ribbons.yep I like bow hunter but I also enjoy a good old school beer.,any other blue ribbon drinkers out there,

02-Jun-18
I'm an infrequent beer (or any alcohol) drinker, but when I do imbibe I like either Coors or Lonestar if I can get it.

But whatever brew it is, KEEP THE FRUIT OUT OF IT!!!

02-Jun-18
Fat Tire maybe one once a month.

02-Jun-18
Ha! You’re a day behind! I don’t always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Blue Moon. In fact, I’m enjoying a couple Honey Wheats right now while I’m mowing the lawn. ;-)

02-Jun-18
My go to is Newcastle brown ale.

02-Jun-18
I’m ok with PBR, but in Northern Colorado, my Miller High Life is at least a buck cheaper per 12 pack:)

02-Jun-18
I had a tall boy PBR at the mountain bar the other night because it was on sale and was feeling old school. But I prefer Full Sail Amber.

02-Jun-18
I may be a touch younger than most on this site, but I figured out that my body and mind prefer the taste of a cold Point Root Beer. Here in Wisconsin I think it's the best soda money can buy. It even includes a little Wisconsin Honey... I'll leave the drinkin' up to my mother.

02-Jun-18
No more beer for me but it'll be my favorite food group until the day I die.:) When I did drink, my favorites were Stouts and Porters. The Alaskan Brewing Company used to make an Oatmeal Stout that was almost perfection. Many great ambers and lagers out there. Never was an IPA fan.

I drank a good many of those Oatmeal Stouts while grounded in Anchorage about 8 years ago. That will always be my "official bowhunting brew."

02-Jun-18
In the summer you can't go wrong with Old Style or Grain Belt. Mowing the grass, fishing catfish, or sitting on the deck, those are my go to beers.

02-Jun-18
Linenkugel Sunset Wheat, ummm.

02-Jun-18

oldgoat's embedded Photo
oldgoat's embedded Photo
This is my go to! We make craploads and craploads of PBR cans at work, and I'm talking in the millions of cans on a regular basis, so somebody is drinking it!

03-Jun-18
Kokanee, buy a case every year at pine acres last me a year.

03-Jun-18
I rarely drink beer anymore, and I've cut way back on wine with dinner. If I'm feeling in the mood for a sun-downer, I prefer a vodka tonic with a fresh slice of lemon.

03-Jun-18
Spotted Cow for this guy! Just have to keep my supply up with my WI connections! :)

03-Jun-18
I may be old, but not old school..... I get schooled fresh and new on a near daily basis.

I'll drink most any beer.... not a beer snob. If I'm buyin' it I like Corrona mostly..... if in the mood for beer shake New Castle or a Guinness.

Light beer? A bowsiter the other day (I think his initials were FN) put it best. Light beer is like sex in a canoe..... you fill it the blanks......

But if somebody else is buyin' and that's all there is...... I love light beer....... thank you, don't mind if I do..... =D

03-Jun-18
Agree TD, my favorite beer is a free one. Nothing better than someone offering you a beer or me sharing mine.

03-Jun-18
I prefer the new beers. Mainly prefer Angry Orchard Crisp Apple. I do like corona or coors.

03-Jun-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I like beer. Busch Light to local crafts but no IPA's, thank you. Enjoyed a 'Tip The Cow' milk stout yesterday afternoon at our favorite brewery and brought home a growler of a limited light ale to enjoy while grilling out tonight.

Anyone ever try one of the sours? Interesting!

03-Jun-18
Not really very often - almost a must have when grilling though. When I do, I prefer Miller 64. I keep a case in the fridge for company mostly.

An "after elk kill" celebratory drink is a White Russian.

03-Jun-18
If I drink a beer, I drink Corona. I am Gluten sensitive and normal beers wear me out with allergies and gut issues. It's ok by me because I enjoy the taste of corona quit a bit. However, I rarely drink beer or any alcohol.

03-Jun-18
PBR if it's on tap ... I think my neighbor drinks it because he knows I won't drink all of his beer. Beer is good, but I don't drink it much anymore ... not good on my gut and lots of extra calories. Besides ... I think I've drank enough beer in my life for several people. I should leave some for the rest of you

03-Jun-18
I’ll take a natural light anytime..

03-Jun-18
Falstaff or Lone Star!

03-Jun-18
Danny/standswithaknife, my friends and I still drink the “Frat Water.” I was at a wedding the other weekend and we took wedding photos featuring Natty Light.

Rainier/Vitamin R is also a solid selection. My fly fishing guide friends and I usually have that as our go-to. Longmire on Netflix made it more popular, as that’s what he was drinking. I’d like to think we were ahead of the curve for once in our lives!

03-Jun-18

greg simon's embedded Photo
greg simon's embedded Photo
Yukon Gold. Of course it tastes best in Whitehorse Yukon with a steak dinner your first night out of the bush from a moose hunt!

03-Jun-18
Moose Droll if I'm in Montana, Lone Star Draft in Texas, Yengling, Straub, or good old Iron City in my home state of Pa. Iron City was our favorite growing up, you could get 12 pack cheap.lol Don't drink nothing but water these days.

03-Jun-18
Don't drink it much, but when I do, it's A&W or Mugs Up for sure. No diet stuff either.

03-Jun-18
Labbatt Blue ehe? I live near Buffalo NY and we love our Canadian beer ehe... i never grow tired for a Blue.

03-Jun-18

03-Jun-18
Now, that it's summer, a bucket of Corona's always hits the spot. 'Specially after a day of yard work, crack one open, pull out the bow, shoot a few arrows, watch the sun set.. I do like Yuengling, Dogfish Head 60 IPA,.... Of course Knob Creek or Makers 46 over a cube or two ain't bad either.

03-Jun-18
Guinness is as close to Heaven as you can get and a Guinness in Ireland feels like you are there!!!!!!!

03-Jun-18
I'm pretty versatile but after the hunt it's the Blue mts. Coors Light, before the hunt to make you steady it's a shot of some High West Whiskey from Utah, or some Tito's vodka with lime juice, pitch in a glass of Red Wine before bed my heart doc said it was good for me. You can put these in any order you prefer. Life Is Good!

03-Jun-18
Dad always told me, "there's only 2 kinds of beer, warm and cold"! I LOVE cold PBR!

03-Jun-18
An ice cold Sam Adams lager.

04-Jun-18

PAbowhunter1064's Link
Lmao, Pig Doc!! You beat me to it!!

I normally adhere to all the man laws....

04-Jun-18

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
...but damn....these things go down waaaayyyy too easy! Definitely my new go to summer beer!

04-Jun-18
when I want a "red eye" it's Blue Ribbon. When I visit Bowling's Hot Dog stand in Rocky Mount VA it's Blue Ribbon (for old time's sake) when I lived in a log cabin with no electric service, no refrigeration, and no indoor plumbing, I kept my beer and cold drinks in the spring box. I favored Blue Ribbon then b/c it tasted a little better at 60 degrees, than some of the other lower end commercial beers. I rarely drink beer now b/c of blood sugar issues.

04-Jun-18
I love to try different beers from all around the world. As far as PBR, it's an on tap only beer for me. Never tasted a beer so different from on tap, to in a can. It is GREAT on tap though.

04-Jun-18

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
Need I say more!

04-Jun-18
Despite some sugar and blood pressure issues yeah I know spare me the lecture. ( I have a doctor for that). When it comes to sport drinking it's Miller Highlife Light. Not that I don't enjoy Boulevard wheat now and than around the club campfire.....Or other fine craft beers. In Africa it's Castles and a lot can't find it in the states ;>

04-Jun-18
Leinies Original. Nothing better!

04-Jun-18
Give me Hamms or give me death!

04-Jun-18
Grew up swiping High Life’s, Rolling Rocks and Ballantine from my Pop. Can’t get Ballentine anymore, but a cold Rock and the “Chapagne of Beers” are still my go-to’s On a hot day.

04-Jun-18
Pbr or mgd for me, speaking of ballentine my father was a Rheingold or schaeffer man, anyone remember them ?

04-Jun-18
Jack's

04-Jun-18
The best tasting beer are the free ones in your buddys fridge!

04-Jun-18
standswittaknife, my favorites are local to you, the 8 Second Kolsch and First Cast from Elevation Brewing in Poncha and then there is the Amber from Soulcraft in Salida. Brought a bunch home when was there last month.

04-Jun-18
Stroh's or Yuengling

04-Jun-18
Tried the summer shandy,puke,remember the ballantine ale,and Schaeffer's.used to get iron city in bottles ,and anybody remember Vinci or old frothensloch beer.dad drank old dutch beer.

04-Jun-18
Meant to say Cinci beer.auto correct nailed me.or even hudepol,14K,lots of good old school brews not around anymore.

04-Jun-18
Box Call we are making another couple million PBR cans right now at work, thanks for keeping us busy!

04-Jun-18
Labatt lite for beerz, crown royal is my whiskey that i like a little too much

04-Jun-18

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
Here's to you Iron City fans !!

04-Jun-18

Some of you really old farts probably remember the old oil cans........

04-Jun-18
Rolling Rock was my “go to” beer when I was younger. Then Yuengling Lager came out- been a Yuengling Man ever since!

04-Jun-18
Beer no longer fits into my daily caloric intake but when it did Coors original was the way to go

04-Jun-18
Love the past, also love the classic can.

04-Jun-18
All good except the Guiness, Give me a Jager as a chaser to celebrate after successful hunt is over.

During Bock season can't beat Lienies Big Butt

04-Jun-18
IPA for me. Give me a cold Fantasy Factory or Psuedo sue in a glass and I'm happy. Make that 5 or 6.

06-Jun-18
frothensloch beer, the beer with the foam on the bottom!

06-Jun-18
No Stag fans?

06-Jun-18
Years ago there was a blue ribbon bock,and nowadays there is shiner bock from Texas.here in Columbus,Ohio lots of brewery's sprang up with the German immigrants coming in and lots of meat markets.most of the old brewery buildings are now big high priced yuppy and hipster apartments.there is some craft brewers starting.

06-Jun-18
STAG!!!!! Yeah once a year at Wisconsin deer camp and than only one .

06-Jun-18
I like beer but I am also starting to like the ciders on the dry side. Glider Cider from Colorado is the best I've tried yet but Ace Joker is good too. Not anywhere near as sweet or high in sugar content as something like an Angry Orchard.

Like a lot of other things in life, I like a variety. I don't have a favorite beer. I really like Newcastle Nut Brown Ale. That even tastes OK when not ice cold. Also a big fan of Anchor Steam and Ballast Point Sculpin IPA. Bohemia is my favorite Mexican beer but I also like Negra Modelo. Arizona Beers I like are Kilt Lifter from Four Peaks and Flagstaff Brewing Lumberyard IPA. I also remember SweetWater Ale being really good when I was vacationing in N. Carolina last summer. That's just a small sample size of beers I like that come to mind. The BEST beer is free and ice cold!

Cheers Brothers!

06-Jun-18
Nothing tastes better to me than ice cold water, but I do have a tradition of drinking a cold lemon lime Gatorade after dragging a deer out of the woods. If I am drinking alcohol, it is probably an Alaskan amber ale, a fat tire, a Guinness, or sometimes a Pacifico. But if it is cold and not hoppy, I am good to go.

07-Jun-18
Rolling Rock is a great hot weather, summertime beer. Vodka Tonic is summertime drink. Dark beer in wintertime along with Dark hootch. Crown Royal. I am a seasonal drinker by choice and an anything drinker when necessity dictates.

07-Jun-18
Only one kind of beer, Bud and free! also life is too short to drink light beer!

08-Jun-18
Just about anything Sam Adams for me. Rocking the Summer Ale lately.

08-Jun-18
I don't drink much beer, but if I went old school it would maybe be Miller High Life. When I do drink beer I have a two beer limit and it is usually a Mich Golden Draft Light. Once in awhile I will buy some Kokanee. That is good stuff. Honestly a case or case and a half would probably last me a year.

08-Jun-18
Hackbow gets it, great list man.

Always in my fridge: Yuengling

Good occasionally when the funds are tight and for college nostalgia: Lionshead or Genny Cream Ale

Only tastes good at the family hunting camp: Keystone Light. Can't explain it, it's what's been on tap there for decades and for some reason it tastes amazing after spending 12 hours 20 feet up a tree or dragging a deer out.

Favorite crafty beers most places sell: Bell's Two Hearted, Southern Tier Live

Goes down way easy in swampass summer heat: Bud Light Lime or Corona with a lime

I drink Scotch and Bourbon once or twice a year just to remind myself liquor tastes like ass.

08-Jun-18

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
I’m a WV Mountaineer, what else can I say.

08-Jun-18
Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager or Gold Leaf Lager. Mama's Little Yella Pils by Oskar Blues. Drop Kick Ale. Kentucky Bourbon Ale. Alaska Brewing Co Amber Ale. Denali Brewing Co Kolsch. Kona Longboard. Sigh......

08-Jun-18
I'm old but I would still recommend ninja v unicorn ipa which is not old.

08-Jun-18
I enjoy a Lonely Blonde every so often.

08-Jun-18
In November I bought a decanter of Utopias. I haven't cracked it open yet. If I sold shots to all the people that want to try it, I'd more than double my money on it!

08-Jun-18
We are living in the golden age of beer right now, so many good ones out there. I can't believe I used to drink Budweiser and Miller Lite!

Scoot nailed it early in this thread - Todd the Axe Man could be the best beer I've ever had. Surly brewing just doesn't make a bad beer. Another great one is Crank Yanker from Eddyline brewery in Buena Vista, all of you coming out to CO this fall should swing in there and have a pint.

09-Jun-18

bud's embedded Photo
bud's embedded Photo
Choice of a small eclectic somewhat refined group of bowhunters. Some have been accused (Wrongly) of being politically incorrect. They have been,known to hunt with self bows,longbows, recurves, and compounds without any remorse. Some have even filled a late season cow tag with a rifle. I know......

09-Jun-18
A finger of a good bourbon every now and then.......more now, less then.

09-Jun-18
Beer = Point lager from Stevens Point, Wisconsin - Leinenkugel's and New Glarus are acceptable alternatives. Tequila = Herradura - my wife and I sip it while playing ping pong (its yummy)

10-Jun-18
Alaskan amber, it also makes great pancakes, and i use it as an egg wash when frying fish.

11-Jun-18
I love a good IPA, preferably one made here in California -- Green Flash, Stone, El Segundo Brewing, Lagunitas, etc. In any case I don't touch any of that foreign-owned crap - Bud, etc.

11-Jun-18
Most generally Miller Lite or Rolling Rock for me but recently discovered Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus and I am hooked, so damn good! Unfortunately only found in 6 packs so far.

• Sitka Gear