Contributors to this thread:
StickFlicker 13-Jun-18
Habitat 14-Jun-18
Brotsky 14-Jun-18
kscowboy 14-Jun-18
kscowboy 14-Jun-18
StickFlicker 17-Jun-18
13-Jun-18
A hunting organization in our state is looking for a nice looking turkey figurine, cast or sculpture to put on an award each year for the largest turkey taken in the state. The size should be in the 6" tall range, give or take a couple of inches. It needs to look nice, not like some cartoon, gold plated plastic trophy or Thanksgiving turkey like most of them do when I've Google searched. I'm not sure of their budget, but I'm guessing somewhere near $50-75. Do any of you have access to something that might work? They're also in need of a Javelina sculpture for the same purpose. They give these awards each year, so it can't be something where just one is available (although that might work as a stop-gap for one year while they look for something else). I know the Nat'l Wild Turkey Fed makes some different casts each year, but I have no idea what the price normally is for those. Thanks for any ideas.

14-Jun-18
Check out Parsons sculptures in Derby Ks

14-Jun-18
Have you guys considered a plaque with a laser engraved turkey image, and the size of the turkey, year, hunter etc? You could add a spot for the winner to place their trophy photo in the award as well. I would think you could get something like that done in your price range.

14-Jun-18

kscowboy's Link
Habitat is spot-on. John was our family taxidermist before retiring to pursue bronze sculpting. He was an artist as a taxidermist, hence why we enjoyed his work.

Link to a scuplture

14-Jun-18

kscowboy's Link
Link to lamp sculpture

17-Jun-18
Thanks guys. I had already found that turkey lamp at Cabela's, but it is much too large. I contacted the sculptor, Mr. Parsons, as you suggested, and he didn't have anything else (and also said he just did the art for Cabela's, they did the manufacturing and distribution). As far as the laser engraved plaque, they are trying to match their other awards which all involve a figurine. So, a dozen other hunters getting figurine and one getting a plaque isn't ideal if it can be avoided. I do really appreciate the ideas, though, thanks guys.

• Sitka Gear