'Ike' 19-Jun-18
Buffalo1 19-Jun-18
12yards 19-Jun-18
ground hunter 19-Jun-18
mac the knife 20-Jun-18
12yards 20-Jun-18
Guardian Hunter 20-Jun-18
19-Jun-18
Hello all: what does everyone recommend to be the best hang and hunt combo for deer hunting. I live in the Northeast where I typically like to get up to 18 to 20 ft because many of the deer will pin you if you are any lower and it helps somewhat with scent control. I see the Muddy and Lone Wolf sticks seem to be at the top of the list for most conversations as well as their stands. Looking for any input you all may have as I'm ready to invest in one quality system of both stand and sticks.

Thanks!

19-Jun-18
Hawk Helium or Muddy Pro sticks for double step. Lone Wolf if you are ok with the single step. If you want to get into the weeds and really optimize your setup, lots of good mods out there for the attachment straps/ropes/stick length. Aiders are a must for me to cut the number of sticks I need to pack in. Wild Edge Stepps are something a little different that really optimize the weight and packability but I tried a set and wasn't a fan.

Stands - Lone Wolf, XOP, Hawk, Muddy, Millenium, Xstand, Chippewa all have options currently produced I would consider. Varying pros and cons of each.

Any more specific questions let me know, I went down this path about a year ago and did a lot of research. I feel my system is really dialed in, and I have added tree saddle and platform as an additional super lightweight option.

19-Jun-18
Thanks for your response . Ive read great reviews on the Muddy Pro Sticks but I believe they just came out with the Muddy Aero Lites. Any opinion on which are better ? It seems the Muddy Pros are hard to find now.

19-Jun-18
I don't know a lot about the Muddy lineup. Whichever has the cam cleat is more popular. People love the cam cleat.

I went with the Helium sticks. I like the compact folding design. I used them stock most of last season but ultimately cut them down to two steps, with 22" spacing. I also took off the cam strap and use a climbing rope and versa button. I use three of those 22" sticks, paired with a double step aider I can get to 20 feet easy.

Both companies I know do seasonal production runs and become available some time in the summer. I would think very soon.

19-Jun-18
I haven't got experience with anything other than LW and XOP. I am very happy with them both the stands and the steps. I hang and hunt every time.

19-Jun-18

'Ike''s Link
X-stand Backcountry Combo...20# total weight!

19-Jun-18
Millenium M-25 is a very comfortable stand.

No recs on sticks. I just look for deals.

19-Jun-18
I have a Lone Wolf Alpha and 4 LW sticks. I can get to 17' easy or 18-19 if I really stretch out. The combo weighs 24 pounds so you'll be packing quite a bit of weight with a full load of gear.

19-Jun-18
Everyone likes something different,,, You have to work out a system for yourself,,,,,, I like the old LW sticks, do not need many, as height is not a major thing, for me for two reasons.... I hunt swamps in the UP, a lot, and hill country of SW Wis,,,,,,,

However to me, weight is the big deal. I just went to a Millenium M7 hang on, that comes in at 6lbs, and you have no idea its on your back, and really comfortable, a lot more comfortable than my LW, which I am selling..................... I use 2 sticks on that hang on, and I am gone

20-Jun-18
Some really great responses here gents. Thanks for taking the time..

20-Jun-18
JTV, I think I need to get some of that rope. What kind of rope is it and where can I get some? And is there a specific way it should be cut? Or do you get it pre-cut? Do you have a link?

20-Jun-18
You have to look at old Cypress treestands. I met this fellow at a show in Wisconsin. His stuff rocks. His name is Seth and has a combo deal that is very attractive! Wishing you all well. G

• Sitka Gear