Bou'bound 29-Jun-18
Bowriter 29-Jun-18
Bullshooter 30-Jun-18
Huntcell 30-Jun-18
Bowriter 30-Jun-18
29-Jun-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Have had my right shoulder cut on twice. It is and has been pretty much toast. So, just to keep everything on an even keel, yesterday. I, for some unknown reason, let them cut on my left shoulder. Now, as has been somewhat widely known for some time, I am just about completely useless. However, for those of you who are or have been married, I shall relate this dialog between the woman with whom I use to sleep before my snoring and her menopause stopped that.

My belly-button birthday, (not to be confused with my sobriety date.), is Saturday. Said my spouse, "Do you want to go out to eat?" I answered quite plainly, "No." That should have been the end of it, right? I should have realized, what she meant was, "I want to go out to eat." This was quickly followed by the "Standard Rejoinder". Said my wife, "Why not?" I quickly replied, "Because I hate eating out. My shoulder is killing me. I hate restaurants and would you please, just shut the heck up and let me suffer in silence." Oh yes, I should have known better. Married 43-years, by now I should have learned to simply say, "Yes, Dear." Oh, well. At ease, I'll be in the area all day. Oh, for kinder, gentler times.

29-Jun-18
I can totally relate to the "do you want to go out to eat" interaction. I think it is related to the female genes. I wish you peace my friend.

29-Jun-18
Haha , a common bond we have! You'd think we would already know how to reply after years of experience. Oh yeah ,and when they ask if that dress makes em look fat ? No baby , you look gorgeous!! Wish you a speedy recovery!

29-Jun-18
So true in my life as well, I always enjoy your writings John, you made me google belly button birthday. And may you "Piroot" more creaks

29-Jun-18
So John, where did ya'll go eat???

29-Jun-18
Like the picture. enjoy your stories. and Happy Birthday!!!!

29-Jun-18
Now THAT is what bowhunting is all about!

29-Jun-18

Boreal, you are banned from reading any of my posts for 3-daze. :) Hope you like this picture even better.

29-Jun-18
Good luck with the shoulder John and have a great birthday

29-Jun-18
So how is that shoulder going to feel while you are scrunched up sleeping in the doghouse?

29-Jun-18
Part two: Little while ago, she asked me what I planned for supper. I replied, "I got a really nice ribeye in marinade, a baked potato waiting and I'm thinking a salad. I don't know what you are going to have since you only eat red meat once a week. I guess you could fix you some chicken or some oatmeal with raisins and wheat germ." I kinda like to keep a little controversy going. I can't wait till she starts looking for the TV remote. She left it in the laundry room, last night and I hid it. See, I read a lot, don;t watch much TV.

29-Jun-18
I hope you have her blocked from this site. Hate to not have you posting any more.

29-Jun-18
If you're going to walk on thin ice, John, you might as well dance.

Hide her glasses too.

29-Jun-18
Hiding the remote is a riot. Good one John. Love it

29-Jun-18
I am here to tell you. Nine out of ten times, I prefer a properly prepared piece of backstrap out of fat, dry doe over beef. But that ribeye I just ate, was absolutely done to perfection and was just about, four ounces more than I could eat. Therefore, I'm thinking steak and eggs for breakfast. Jeanne, I assume, is still busy looking for the remote. That's what she was doing when her piece of dead chicken burned. It has been a great day, all-around.

30-Jun-18
When they ask if that dress makes her butt look big, you say "no, it's your butt that makes the room look small."

30-Jun-18
Lots of ‘tells’ indicators that this is not going to end well ~•

30-Jun-18
Had a great day, today. Wife-woman and son's wife-woman through us a surprise birthday party. Told each of us, it was for the other. Had a great time. Then, came on over home and mowed my yard and the neighbor's. He is in CO on vacation/ Thought I surprise him. Dang good day.

• Sitka Gear