Shawn 25-Jun-19
Candor 27-Jun-19
Reggiezpop 03-Jul-19
WI Shedhead 15-Jul-20
stringgunner 15-Jul-20
Guardian hunter 14-Oct-20
JL 14-Oct-20
14-Jul-18
I am debating on these two treestands for a light portable stand. I like the width of the Hawk, but like the longer platform on the M100U. I am not huge, but not small at 6’”1, 255 lbs. Any suggestions?

15-Jul-18
I have had lone wolf stands forever. I say that so you will understand what I'm comparing the m100u to. I bought the m100u to just try something different. Ordered it and got it delivered. That same day I put it together and hung it on a tree in the front yard. Stepped up on then stepped back off it. Looked at it real good to make sure it was put together right. Then took it back apart, boxed it back up, shipped it back.

I'm 5'10" 195 just your average size bow hunter I reckon. The m100u flexed and creaked in all different ways. Just plain felt unsafe and definitely not quite. Like I said above I have been hunting out of a lone wolf forever. I won't say it's a bad stand but definitely not a lone wolf.

At 255 I can say the m100u will probably disappoint you. I have no experience with the hawk stand sorry.

15-Jul-18
Thanks Scrappy! I should consider a Lone Wolf as well, I can’t say I have ever heard anything bad about them.

15-Jul-18
I Have the helium. Like it.

Great stand.

Scott

23-Jul-18
I love my M100U.

23-Jul-18
Eric - Millennium makes a great, comfortable stand. I opted for the M150, it’s weighs a little bit more, but for me the additional size was worth it. I guess it depends on how far you’re looking to pack it back in.

-Mitch

20-Aug-18

22-Aug-18
Rebeccahi- enjoy your super smash fast treestand...

18-Oct-18
I hunt out of that millennium and I’m 6’5” and weigh 265. No issues so far

18-Oct-18
Pat is on a hunting trip. When the cat's away the mice will play

25-Jun-19
Hawk depending what ya want out of it. If hang and hunt the Hawk. If gonna leave in the tree, lots of options in the Millennium. Shawn

27-Jun-19
I bought a M150, used it for a week or so and then sold it. It was very comfortable and not hard to hang. What I did not like about it was I could not lean against the tree because of the seat design. When I have a deer coming in that I want to maybe shoot, I stand and edge up against the tree. It reduces my profile and helps stabilize me when standing. The M150 or M100 seat prevents you from propping yourself up on the tree. That, to me, offset the comfort of the seat design.

I also found shooting around the tree to be awkward because of the seat design.

03-Jul-19
The Hawk Helium XL has served me well. I’m smaller at 6’ 175, so the platform is plenty big for me. I upgraded to more comfortable back pack straps. I strap on 3 Helium climbing sticks and a small pack. I hunt mostly public and walk quite a bit, so I like that it’s one of the lighter stands. I also have a Millennium m7 like Mike above. I traded out the ratchet strap for a LW cinch strap, and its works great. Super light, but super tiny platform that I don’t think you would like. Lots of good options out there.

15-Jul-20
When the lone wolfs really shine is when temps get below 20 degrees. Other stands have creaks, croaks, pops that aren’t thier when it’s warm but are amplified when it’s cold. Lone wolfs cast aluminum platform with minimal parts is the answer for northern hunters. Different types of bark when thier frozen have Thiers issues as well and lone wolf stands sinch tight enough to eliviate these problems. Well worth the extra cash

15-Jul-20
My dad and I have 6 M100U. Been using them for 5 years and still great. No creaks or noises. Easy to hang. Rock solid in the tree. My dad pushes 275 lb. with the seat I have found that when I stand I can raise it at the same time and back against the tree.

14-Oct-20
I have XOP stands and they are great but I do prefer the millennium. If any of you guys would like to swap please PM me. It beats buying new Thanks. Gary

14-Oct-20
sumanrajput...spammer alert!

FWIW....I just purchased my 2nd X-Stand...The Jester. I liked the first one so much and how easy it was to hang with it's spiffy hitch receiver concept, I invested in another one and got it yesterday. The platform is the largest of all the other stands I have including the Hawks and Gorillas. It weighs in at 17lbs and is constructed of aircraft aluminum. If you are a big fella with large feet/boots...you can appreciate that. The only two knocks I have on it is the seat could be a little wider and the boots I was wearing on one sit would squeak on the metal if you dragged your boots. I added some extensions to each armrest to move them out and make the seat a little wider. If I was in my warm weather hunting clothes it probably wouldn't be an issue. When I'm in my insulated cold weather clothes it would be a little narrow. For the boot noise, I can add some tape or non-skid and fix that. The other boots I used did not squeak so I guess it's due to the type of material your boot's sole is made out of.

• Sitka Gear