Cheesehead Mike 19-Jul-18
llamapacker 19-Jul-18
Brun 19-Jul-18
APauls 19-Jul-18
kota-man 19-Jul-18
WV Mountaineer 19-Jul-18
Inshart 19-Jul-18
18-Jul-18
Interested in hearing if their is a good simple bow sling out their for active hunting like using it while stalking etc. where it can be easily removed or adjusted for if a shot opportunity presents itself.

18-Jul-18
Every one I've seen have taken quite a while and were really only appropriate for using while horse back riding and the like. The Primos one is secure and comfortable, but it takes quite a while to get it on and off.

18-Jul-18
What Ike said. If it's secure, it's slow. I only use one to carry my bow to and from my stand.

18-Jul-18
The one I have is really old but works perfect for what you are looking for. I'll see if it has a brand name on it and let you know tomorrow.

18-Jul-18
I have the Primos one and I cut all the straps off it so that it just protects my string and cams. Seems to work great and is a breeze to get on and off.

19-Jul-18

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
When walking and stalking, I prefer the hip bone rest on my pack belt. It has a "ball and socket" setup, that allows the bow to hang, balanced. It's made by Tactical Archery Systems.

My hands are always free for glassing, using a trekking pole, etc.

I just reach down and pluck my bow out of it, and I'm ready to shoot.

19-Jul-18
I use a hip clip (Third Hand Archery) similar to elkmtngear. Works well for compound and recurve.

19-Jul-18
I am a big fan of the cabelas sling.

19-Jul-18
I always have one in my pack but I find them all but useless for the purposes of actually hunting.

19-Jul-18
Nick Muche X 2

19-Jul-18

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
This photos shows how the D loops for the sling attache to the bow riser.
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
This photos shows how the D loops for the sling attache to the bow riser.

Cheesehead Mike's Link
I have a sling that I bought about 20 years ago similar to the sling at my link but I misplaced the piece that the bowstring hangs from. I just use it with the hooks clipped to the loops on the riser (mine uses D rings). It weighs almost nothing and allows me to hike, call, glass, etc. without having to put my bow down. I can shoot with it attached if I make sure it's out of the way or easily unhook the top hook and let it hang from the bottom D loop. I've killed elk with the top hook unhooked and the sling hanging from the bottom D loop.

I also use a Primos sling for extra protection when packing my bow on a backpack or horse.

19-Jul-18
Boonie Packer made a great, simply and secure bow sling several years ago. I have three I wouldn't part with at almost any price. (Mine, wife's, and son's) They stopped making them over a decade ago. I guess there wasn't enough profit. If you can find one on ebay you will never regret it. Bill

19-Jul-18
I have an NAP sling that works well. I use it for the hike in and out, but once I really get into the hunt I just carry my bow. The short pieces stay on the bow much like the one Cheesehead shows in his picture, but it has easy release clips and comes off very quickly.

19-Jul-18
I have a sling but have never used it since converting to a pack that has a proper bow carrier. Both my current Kuiu pack, and my Eberlestock carried my bow hands free in a way that you don't notice the weight, and you could be ready to shoot in less time than it takes me to take a bow sling off. Both get the bow to hand without taking the pack off. Reach back, unclip one buckle and you're done.

19-Jul-18
The new Sitka bow slings are really nice...

19-Jul-18
Elkmtngear, if that’s you in the photo, do you need a hunting partner. :^).

19-Jul-18

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
Small loop is on top and fits snug - bottom loop is bigger so when I slip off the top loop the bottom one simply falls off.

• Sitka Gear