Mark Watkins 02-Aug-18
Franklin 02-Aug-18
carcus 03-Aug-18
Gunnut 08-Aug-18
Gunnut 08-Aug-18
Brotsky 08-Aug-18
ground hunter 08-Aug-18
01-Aug-18
What’s everyone’s opinion on the best broadheads. I’m looking into trying the hybrids for the first time. Anyone have any suggestions on what brands to look for and how they work. Thanks

01-Aug-18
If by hybrid you mean a reflex/deflex longbow go with a fixed cut on contact COC broadhead such as Magnus Stinger, Zwickey, WASP traditional. Otherwise have a good look at any WASP fixed blades. Good luck.

01-Aug-18
Shot a doe with a muzzy hybrid last season. Left a good blood trail and went down in 70 yds. The fold out blades are kind of thin.

02-Aug-18
I listened to a podcast by Brian Barney of Eastman's Elevated where he talked about the Bloodsport Gravedigger hybrid fixed/mechanical. Bloodsport is one of Eastman's sponsors and the Bloodsport is one of the more popular hybrid broadheads available. He's killed a number of mule deer with them. He said that if it doesn't spin absolutely straight he just gives it a gentle nudge to straighten up the head. I figure that if it can straightened with a nudge then it can be bent easily so I've stayed away.

Sorry I can't give any first hand experience. A hybrid head sounds like a good idea on paper, not sure about in real life.

02-Aug-18
Seems like a broadhead for someone indecisive like me lol. I believe the fixed part is for people who worry about the mechanical part failing so if that’s the case just use a fixed!

02-Aug-18
I've shot Grave Diggers through elk, mule deer, WT and turks.....kill quick and fly great.

Mark

02-Aug-18
Gimmick....use any quality fixed broadhead and be done with it. What are people compensating for with these ridiculous gimmicks....poor shots....untuned bows...what?

03-Aug-18
I use both, fixed for elk and moose, and mechs for deer and bear, never had a mech fail but I use good ones

08-Aug-18
Ramcat !!! Best their is

08-Aug-18
Ramcat !!! Best their is

08-Aug-18
A hybrid sounds like they took the worst aspects of both heads and through them into one! Get a good solid fixed blade head like a RAD Rival and you'll be good to go.

08-Aug-18
Its Marketing, and selling,,,, nothing wrong with that, that is why we have such a great country.................... Me I like Magnus, Ram Cat, and Wasp Boss all in 125 grain

good luck

• Sitka Gear