Fauntleroy 21-Aug-18
lineman21 21-Aug-18
Fauntleroy 21-Aug-18
Orion 22-Aug-18
Fauntleroy 23-Aug-18
Fauntleroy 23-Aug-18
08-Aug-18

Fauntleroy's Link
Well we thought that Google was gonna be harder to work with than Apple, but Google came through for us in a big way. If you're still interested in picking up one of Colorado's premier archery tags that could pop up any day now on the Leftover list than here's your best bet. We'll be monitoring the list every other minute as the tags get placed in 5 minute intervals. When a hunt code that you're searching for becomes available we'll send you a notification that will direct you to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife profile login page.

Hope to see a bunch of Bowsiters get some killer tags this year, the Apple version will be any day now. Have fun and good luck!!

21-Aug-18

Fauntleroy's Link
Alright guys the Sheep tag was fun, but there are still tons of tags to come. The iPhone issues have been worked through and if you paid for a subscription than you have been receiving notifications. If you have the app please test it using one a random code from the most current leftover list. If you don't get a notification within 2 minutes and you've paid, please shoot me an email at [email protected]. Off the top of my head I know that EE018O4R still had a bunch of tags left, but please confirm yourself.

Now that I have the first week under the belt I have some feedback that can be addressed. For starters, to all the bowsiters that reached out to me with questions, THANK YOU! I can't tell you how much that helps. If someone isn't understanding something about the app, I need to address it so that there's minimal confusion. So far the app has gotten great reviews as far as how easy it is to use, but there's always room for improvement.

With a little help of some Bowsiters I created our FAQ page. Please let me know if there were any other questions that you can think of. Use the link provided to see the FAQ page that we have and if there is anything else, than we can address that here on this thread. Thanks for the help Bowsite!

21-Aug-18
Haven’t seen any tags hit the list for 4 days or so. Think there just isn’t much to put on there or are they waiting to dump a bunch at once?

21-Aug-18
Couldn't tell ya other than what they post. We're gonna start to post the notifications that get sent out so that everyone can see what the App is finding in the next couple weeks.

22-Aug-18
Word on monstermuleys is that cpw is redoing their computer system and haven't been putting any tags on there. Also said it could be a month before their IT issues are upgraded.

23-Aug-18
So I went down to the Denver office this morning as I've been hearing kind of the same thing and haven't been able to get in touch with the two that actually run the reissued tags. As you can imagine they are incredibly busy trying to get this back up and running. But, with a little persistence I was able to speak with the guy that is in charge of all this. The vendor that processes licenses is obviously having performance issues, and they told me that the reissued tags will become available again as early as Tuesday next week. When I offered my services to help get this back up and running, he told me that it wasn't anything that I could help with. I like to think that I've built a good enough relationship with him that if there was anything that I could do, he would have let me. But I left under the impression that there wasn't much that he could do about the problem himself other than let the vendor work through the issue.

What might not be understood is that the personnel currently running the licensing portion at the Colorado Parks and Wildlife inherited this contract from their predecessors and have little control over the performance of the vendor. I don't want to put words into their mouths, and I certainly do not speak for them, but the feeling I get is that they are just as frustrated as we are with this. Regardless of what might get said online, the folks down at the CPW take an incredible amount of pride in their chosen careers as men and women, and this egg on their face stings just as much as it would if it was you or I.

Yeah it sucks, but at least we have a semblance of a timeline to work with, and for that I am appreciative of.

23-Aug-18
Also, I have my developer working on being able to see every notification that went out to my subscribers so that we can see what hunt codes get posted by the CPW.

Is that list something Bowsite would be interested in seeing on a running basis?

• Sitka Gear