greg simon 11-Aug-18
Heat 11-Aug-18
elkmtngear 11-Aug-18
carcus 11-Aug-18
TD 11-Aug-18
wooddamon1 12-Aug-18
Fuzzy 13-Aug-18
09-Aug-18
Which brief is the best when you are out their for those hot humid days chasing Elk and you don’t want the rash? I see Sitka and others make briefs for that purpose. Any recommendations on which one is proven to work?

09-Aug-18
Any. Use monkey butt powder. They sell it at sportsmen’s.

09-Aug-18
Duluth Trading company. Buck Naked briefs.

09-Aug-18
Only $30 a pair!

09-Aug-18
Exifcio are good undies. Wear well and easy wash & dry fast. Packs well & durable.

09-Aug-18
Or just clean yourself up with some baby wipes before it becomes a problem.

09-Aug-18
Addidas climacool are amazing. You’ll never look back.

09-Aug-18
x3 on the Exificio

10-Aug-18
Commando...

10-Aug-18
I’ve become a underware snob.. worth every penny..

10-Aug-18
baby wipes are your best friend

10-Aug-18
Here is a tip I use....my back sweats like a mother especially with a pack on. It`s like a creek running into my crack down the trough where my spine is. I take a small towel or even a hanky, fold it a couple of times. Put half of it in your underwear right above you crack and fold the other part over your underwear band on the outside. Then put your pants on. It stays in place and stops the "river".

10-Aug-18
Why did I choose to read this while eating breakfast? :-/

10-Aug-18
Those Duluth underwear suck! I got a pair as a gift and I tried to like them but they were horrible for me. I like First Lite and Kuiu

10-Aug-18
Saxx are the best so far.

Sitka has a label imprinted on theirs that sticks to your skin, unless they have changed that aspect. That makes them drive you crazy!

Keeping clean and as dry as possible is the way to go. Saxx have worked well for me. So well that I wear them every day.

10-Aug-18
Midwest,too funny I spit my coffee out.

10-Aug-18
Merino wool boxers from Icebreaker.

10-Aug-18
Compression shorts, no matter the brand and be sure you get the correct size. Coupled with Body Glide, you will never chaff again. In fact, glide works so well I could probably wear my regular boxer briefs but I always ere on the side of caution.

10-Aug-18
Russell is right . Go merino wool . I suppose you may need powders at some point but that’s true regardless of what you are wearing . Using baby type wipes in camp , occasional powder and merino each day is a good combo

10-Aug-18
https://youtu.be/DOCjzDcpDGc

10-Aug-18
Ditto for buck naked briefs.

10-Aug-18
I 2nd Castle Oak. I wear adidas climacool which is 90#poly with 10# spandex and bring bodyglide for the more sensitive to chafe areas. I actually don't leave my house without compression shorts on, it's a recipe for disaster. Works like a charm for marathon training as well. If you really want to spit out your coffee you should see the method I use to put it on so I can see what's going on lol

10-Aug-18
Midwest- It just a good early morning conversation piece. Very thought provoking like “thought for the day” material. It definitely not “pillow talk” material !!

10-Aug-18
Buck nekkid unless you’re just grubby.....

10-Aug-18
Baby wipes... then you can wear any underwear you like.

It ain’t the underwear that causes the problem.... hot undies just make it worse.

Don’t get me wrong......I’m not advocating hot underwear.... except for our wives and that’s a different “ hot”

10-Aug-18
Guess I’ve never had issues with my fruit of the looms. Baby wipes will spoil a fella though.

10-Aug-18
Better then buck naked are cabelas cool max , work great and better price

10-Aug-18
REI

10-Aug-18
I've never had an issue with anything either but a nice set of briefs I just started buying are fruit of the looms briefs that are like a vented mesh. I really like them.

10-Aug-18
banana hammock

10-Aug-18
Banana hammock .... sounds like they would be too big.

Do they have a sweet gherkin model?

10-Aug-18
underwear?

10-Aug-18
I've tried First Lite twice and they failed miserably. Fell apart at the seams in several places. For the price of those damn things, they should've lasted more than one season.

10-Aug-18
Personally I prefer the ounce of prevention over the pound of cure, which is why I wear merino undies in the mountains. The whole baby wipe thing seems that it wouldn't do me much good unless I was grabbing one out of my pocket every 10 minutes to wipe the crease. Having something that breathes a little is nice. Now, there's still nothing wrong with a little extra cleaning from a baby wipe on occasion, but it's not something I want to be constantly doing.

10-Aug-18
Someone noted it above, but Duluth Trading's "Buck Naked Boxer Briefs" are frigging amazing. I've used em for hiking, running, xc skiing, snow shoeing, playing with the kids etc etc... It's like not wearing underwear.

But taking a bath in a local stream OR bringing some baby wipes to help "clean" the area is the best option. Not to be done all day, but just a "wipe down" 1 X day. Helps prevent the ubber rot stench if you catch what I'm saying...

10-Aug-18
I go cammando and use gold bonds to stay fresh. No broefs in the world is more refreshing and comfortable as that.

10-Aug-18
Coleman packable bidet toilet. It’s like heaven.

10-Aug-18
Merino wool.......I like Saxx. Monkey Butt Powder is the bomb.......

10-Aug-18
It's not just a grown man problem.......

10-Aug-18
Costco - Champion 6"'ers. Stop the chaffing and feel great. Also, cheap!

10-Aug-18
I was at a ASA tournament about six years ago that was the hottest, most humid, miserable place aI have ever been. And I lived near Houston for 6 years. I couldn't take it anymore and went and bought some Starter boxer briefs that were made of a wicking material. They were pretty cheap and I loved them so much I bought a 12 pack of them when I got back home. I am still wearing the same ones. They are comfortable, don't stink, and last forever.

11-Aug-18
I know once I found the "right" set of wears I don't know how I hunted w/o them. I went 20 years in wool outers, poly long johns but always had a hot, then a cold and clammy butt. Since its hot start trying different athletic wears right now. Cut the lawn and then go sit down the basement and have a beer and see how you feel. They all fit different so it takes some experimenting.

11-Aug-18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCIGEUB32M

11-Aug-18
Buck Naked extra long boxer briefs, from Duluth Trading.

Comfortable, and they don’t bind.

11-Aug-18
I tried KUIU underwear thinking I would not like them. Ended up loving them. They have a band on the leg that keeps them from riding up. Probably would not work as well for a different leg size but for me fits perfect.

11-Aug-18
Had good results with Under Armor Heat Gear , now I wear Buck Naked. They are worth it if you can catch a sale!

11-Aug-18
Manscape, Gold Bond Spray Powder, and Champion Boxer Briefs from Costco.

Now, let's put some miles on that taint!

11-Aug-18
Lol, elkmtngear! Champions are good, running anti chafe stuff is good too

11-Aug-18
This might have a leg up on a manscaping thread........

12-Aug-18
LOL! Sucks to hear the FL doesn't hold up well, got some to try this season, but I won't be hiking the mountains so maybe I'll have better luck. This humidity is hell with cotton boxers and I don't wanna go all "Bad Grampa" when I rock some shorts, so thanks for the thread and suggestions, gentlemen.

13-Aug-18
TD "leg up" yep. LOL

• Sitka Gear