BullBuster 13-Aug-18
Fuzz 14-Aug-18
Deerplotter 14-Aug-18
13-Aug-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Egyptian Wheat shield
Fuzz's embedded Photo
Egyptian Wheat shield
Pleasantly surprised with how well my Egyptian wheat is doing as a sight barrier and as access cover. Planted 2 rows 3' apart and it is now 10-12 ft high. Going to be planting a dual crop of forage oats and whitetail clover this afternoon on the seedbed next to it. Soybeans are doing great too! Gonna have ground blind nestled in the corner of the Egyptian wheat and soybeans real soon.... C'mon Oct 1!

13-Aug-18
Nice. Hopefully it will keep the riff raff out.

Is it invasive?

13-Aug-18
That's a fine looking seedbed there Fuzz. I planted Plot Screen a couple times, (mostly EW), and it grew well, but first the thunderstorms and then the hogs destroyed it. I hope you have better luck.

13-Aug-18
You got it goin’ on Fuzz! Looks like you’re all set to sit back and enjoy your fall hunt.

13-Aug-18
must be nice to have rain

13-Aug-18
I bought some for this year but never got it in the ground. When did you plant it? I'm in the UP of MI as was planning on getting it in the ground by mid-June.

13-Aug-18
Does it take acidy soil? I know it loves nitrogen.

14-Aug-18
Ive had this 3lb bag of straight EW seed for over 3 years and this was the 1st I planted. (now I only have 2.9 lbs left!). Thought the germ rate would be low so I put it on heavy and ended up thinning it somewhat after it came up too thick.

Drycreek... we've had some thunderstorms with real high winds and it never budged even though trees 50yds away were snapped off. And luckily we don't have hogs to contend with. I've been prepping the seeded since spring with multiple tilling/glyc cycles.

Happygo.... I planted it about Jun 1, waited until it was about 8 inches tall and side dressed it with some triple 12. We went a month with almost no rain but it still did really well and has grown 3-4' the last few weeks.

14-Aug-18

Deerplotter's embedded Photo
Deerplotter's embedded Photo
Wow. Very nice buffer! I planted Sudan-Sorghum this year and tried to do the same. Went ok. That wheat is nice!

• Sitka Gear