midwest 16-Aug-18
Mertyman 16-Aug-18
LungBuster 17-Aug-18
Matt 17-Aug-18
APauls 17-Aug-18
LungBuster 17-Aug-18
TEmbry 29-Aug-18
16-Aug-18
I have a PayPal account and use it periodically. At some point I must have signed up to receive emails from PayPal; news, offers, etc. I get an email this morning with the title "Donate to the Humane Society of the United States and PayPal will match up to a total of $100,000" Sure enough, they have partnered with HSUS through the end of the month. Needless to say I sent them an email with my feedback. Now I'm wondering what portions of my selling fees over the years have been going to this org on the side? Also wondering if all of the merchants who sell hunting and fishing gear that use and accept PayPal know who they really support?

16-Aug-18
Hmm. I don't buy into a lot of the 'boycott this store' stuff, mainly cause I just really don't buy lot. But this one I'm looking into and will email them as well.

16-Aug-18
hate Paypal.....

16-Aug-18

16-Aug-18
how in the world did you email them? I cant find any sort of email.

16-Aug-18

buzz mc's Link
It's a phishing scam. There shouldn't be any worries about anyone here being fooled.

"The Humane Society of the United States recently became aware of a phishing e-mail scam that went to some PayPal users on July 30th and again on August 3rd. It appeared to be an attempt to gain the PayPal credentials of users by telling them that a donation had been made to the HSUS from the users’ PayPal accounts. These e-mails were not sent out by the HSUS, and there is no evidence that it targeted our supporters specifically."

16-Aug-18

midwest's Link
See my link from HSUS....phishing scam.

16-Aug-18
buzz and I typing at the same time!

16-Aug-18
All clear ...back to buying more gear I don’t need

16-Aug-18
I bet midwest is getting the same random adds for HSUS that I am from Googling it.

16-Aug-18
We have a strong firewall at work. :-)

16-Aug-18
My email didn't originate from HSUS. It originated from PayPal, or so it appears. I hope it is a Phishing scam and they aren't matching donations. Regardless, I've opted out of receiving emails from PayPal, legitimate or not.

As for how I emailed PayPal, I logged into my account, clicked on the contact us, and then clicked on Provide Feedback. I rated the "helpfullness" of their website and wrote them in the text box that is provided.

17-Aug-18
I was so mad at that email the I sent them an email. Here is my email and their response. That is one heck of a good looking phishing email.

From: PayPal Customer Support RE: Close your account 8/17/18 at 9:15 AM Dear PJ,

Hello PJ. My name is Maureen from PayPal Customer Support. I can surely review your account activity and I will definitely ensure you get the best resolution about the email you have received.

I appreciate that you have contacted PayPal right away to confirm if this is a legit email.

You have received a fake email, PJ. PayPal do not send emails as such.

Fake emails, also known as phishing emails, attempt to collect your personal and financial information. These fake emails often link to fake websites that encourage you to enter personal information such as credit card numbers, passport or driver’s license numbers, and account passwords.

Please do not click any links as well, PayPal would only send you links whenever we reset your passwords.

If you think you’ve received a fake email, forward it to [email protected]. Then delete the fake email from your inbox.

Rest assured that we will keep your account safe and secure.

I am happy that I was able to provide information to address your concern.

Please know that we are always here to help and make sure that your issue is resolved.

At PayPal, security is our brand and our #1 priority.

Thank you for being a valued member of the PayPal community.

Sincerely, Maureen PayPal Customer Solutions PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2018 PayPal. All rights reserved.

From: XX Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:11:35 PM (-07:00) Subject: Close your account

Hi, I received this message today in my email: Animals deserve amazing lives. That's why PayPal and the Humane Society of the United States are joining forces to create a better tomorrow for pets everywhere. HSUS doesn't care or have any animal shelters and doesn't have concerns for pets in shelters. If you don't stop this campaign I'll cancel my PayPal account. Please respond letting me know you stopped the campaign, if I don't hear back I'll take that as my answer that you lost a customer.

17-Aug-18
What was the email address this came in from?

17-Aug-18
Paypal supports hunting. I just sold a pair of gaiters today where I received the money through Paypal. Papal made this possible. Thank you Paypal.

17-Aug-18
I dug into the links and the URL's redirect to paypal-communication.com. Definitely a scam.

29-Aug-18

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
This is without a doubt not a scam unless PayPal’s official Facebook page was hijacked. I don’t feel strongly either way just thought I’d share what came up in my feed today.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear