petemc 21-Aug-18
Pyrannah 21-Aug-18
Deertick 21-Aug-18
WapitiBob 21-Aug-18
Bowfreak 21-Aug-18
Pyrannah 21-Aug-18
Bowfreak 21-Aug-18
21-Aug-18
Does anyone know how to import waypoints from GE to Gaia? Or....does anyone know how to just print a list a waypoints and their coordinates from GE?

I have a bunch of spots marked on GE and I would like to transfer them to my phone or just to a list of coordinates in Excel.

21-Aug-18
Best bet is to go to the GAIA website and send them a PM. Very good at getting back to you in my experience.

21-Aug-18
It’s pretty essy if u google it

Have to save points in a .kmz file or something like that then import in Gaia

I did it last month just don’t remember step by step

It’s easy

I’ll look it up later if ya still need it

21-Aug-18
Export ... ".kml" file ... you can email it to yourself, then open it. At least that is how I do it.

21-Aug-18
easy peasy

select the "places" you want to export from GE, right click on the selection and "save place as", and export them to a folder or desktop, all selected place(s) will be in one kmz.

open Gaia and in the upper right click the little down arrow, select "import", create a new folder or select an existing folder name, then click the "select a file" button.

you will need the latest google earth pro build to have "multi select" option available

21-Aug-18
I got it to work that time. I was grabbing layers and other stuff at once and when I imported it, I had a bunch of useless blobs on my map. Moved my waypoints into a folder and was able to import them. I did this from the desktop and they show up on my phone now. Do I have to save anything on my desktop to keep these waypoints accessible or am I good to go now?

21-Aug-18
Should be GTG man!!

The one thing I hate about GAIA is that they do not display the waypoint name in the map... I ended up changing all the icons so I would know what they are...

Good luck man

21-Aug-18
Thanks all for the help.

• Sitka Gear