Rhett Parish 23-Aug-18
pointingdogs 23-Aug-18
Buffalo1 23-Aug-18
kentuckbowhnter 23-Aug-18
drycreek 23-Aug-18
x-man 24-Aug-18
Mark Watkins 24-Aug-18
23-Aug-18
Anyone still hunt with a mathews outback have a chance at getting one cheap for a back up and wanted to know what they thought of the bow!!?

23-Aug-18
As always stated: "each bow fits each person differently". I have a Mathews Switchback that I shot for many years. A local archery chop was going out of business and they had a Outback sitting on the shelf (this was after the model was discontinued). Offered them $250.00 and they accepted. I set the bow up as a back up bow. Well after shooting the Outback it became my primary bow. I shot it much better then the Switchback. I will never part with the Outback.

23-Aug-18
Outback was produced in about 2004. It was the predecessor of Switchback. Both were good models. The Switchback XT followed in about 2006. I would compare that model to a '57 Chevy- a classic !

23-Aug-18
bought one new in 04 and hunted with it for twelve years. fantastic bow.

23-Aug-18
That was the second brand new bow that I ever bought. I used it until I changed to Elite a few years ago. It was a good bow, but I had to drop poundage and get something less stressful on my shoulders and neck.

24-Aug-18
It would make a good backup bow. Two things to do immediately... Replace that horrible bulky wood grip, and put a good custom string & cable on it. The factory grip and string/cable were garbage.

24-Aug-18
I agree with (and would listen to) x-man!

Mark

• Sitka Gear