Deerplotter 29-Aug-18
loesshillsarcher 29-Aug-18
dgb 29-Aug-18
OFFHNTN 29-Aug-18
Jim in PA 29-Aug-18
Luck E 29-Aug-18
28-Aug-18

Luck E's Link
I am traveling from southern WI to Northwestern, AB. Google maps says to head diagonally up through north dakota. See link. Wondering how accurate this time is vs. staying in the U.S. longer and then crossing later in north central MT. Looking for feedback from folks that have taken similar routes. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

28-Aug-18
Punch in Great Falls , Montana to Wisconsin.

Then Great Falls to Alberta and add those two together.... you’ll have your answer. Gotta be further than that straight line google showed you

28-Aug-18
That is the best way to go, I have been up thru there too many times to remember. I've tried different routes and always come back to this route. Only suggestion would be to take 39 out of Estavan SK to Moose Jaw and then grab 2 back to 11 if you don't have a reason to stop in Regina. Safe travels and good luck!!

28-Aug-18
What’s happening in Alberta LuckE?

29-Aug-18
Thanks for the reply guys. Toothpick were you agreeing with Bill Oneida post or the link I posted. Thanks again. Moose hunting for the first time!

29-Aug-18
Luck E I was agreeing with your link. I went back and looked at it again and realized your starting point is my backyard. Literally, I live just west of Cambridge. Good luck on your moose hunt, but be warned, it is very addictive. This will be my third year in a row.

29-Aug-18
I drive to Saskatoon all the time and if your directions take you through Minot than onto 52 do it it saved me a bunch of time. Also just went to Edomonton through Saskatoon and its a good drive all good road..... Good luck

29-Aug-18
Headed that same way soon for same reasons. Same road, same route, drive safe.

29-Aug-18
I am headed that route soon also. To Ft Mcmurray however.

29-Aug-18
Headed there from Nebraska in late September. I plan to take that same route.

29-Aug-18
I drove from Fargo, ND to Whitecourt, AB last fall and that is the EXACT same route I took. Your route goes through Whitecourt.

29-Aug-18
I have driven from PA , up thru Madison, and onto northern Alberta. I go as discussed already. Through Fargo, Minot and cross the border at North Portal. They are pretty accommodating and I have never had an issue. It is the way to go. As an FYI a friend just drove up heading to Calgary the other day and was given a hard time. They wanted a hunt contract and exact days he would be in Canada. He goes every year and is more friends with the outfitter than anything else so no paperwork or firm schedule. Needless to say it was not a great experience. He got though but not without being hassled.

29-Aug-18
Thanks for all the feedback! I will keep a copy of my contract in the truck to help save any hassles!

• Sitka Gear