General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
Hunts_with_stick 01-Sep-18
CPAhunter 02-Sep-18
TEmbry 02-Sep-18
Hunts_with_stick 02-Sep-18
Cazador 02-Sep-18
01-Sep-18
Just curious, I have the opportunity to do some salmon fishing,for 3 days, with possibly no access to a freezer - and have only two options - This one I prefer - but not sure it will work - couple of coolers with large chunks of ice - or buy a mini-freezer (which I would rather not do since I would probably only use it this one time - pretty much a waste of money... will ice keep the salmon fresh? do i keep the salmon whole (no guts) or do I fillet it and put it in ziplock bags?

02-Sep-18
Filet it Bag it (preferably vacuum pack) Ice it. Dry ice will freeze it if you can get

02-Sep-18
You can make do just fine for a few days by getting the filets off clean and bagging them on ice. I'd much prefer the mini freezer route if you can swing it though. You'd be surprised how many times one would come in handy on road trips. We usually have a mini chest freeze and Honda 2000 genny along for bear and fish camp. Just makes it easier over always tracking down ice and hauling coolers around.

02-Sep-18
Thanks!

02-Sep-18
Keep a heads up on the possession limits. Your 3 days x bag limit allowed each day doesn't equal what you can bring home on ice.

Good luck have fun.

• Sitka Gear