TheTone 05-Sep-18
Buck Watcher 07-Sep-18
BagginBigguns 10-Sep-18
Southstar 26-Nov-18
Southstar 26-Nov-18
05-Sep-18

BagginBigguns's embedded Photo
BagginBigguns's embedded Photo
I purchased two packs of Ramcat broadheads from an online retailer. I received two packs, but the packaging is different. Upon close inspection, I can see that there are subtle differences in the ferrule shape. I emailed the retailer, and they stated that the UPC code is identical despite different packaging, and the manufacturer claims the broadheads are identical. I can clearly see they are not exactly the same, and frankly, it bugs me.

Have any of you Ramcat users noticed this? If so, have you noted any differences in point of impact downrange?

05-Sep-18
Return one pack and get the other.

05-Sep-18
Send that picture to Ramcat, get the story from them.

05-Sep-18
My guess is one pack is from when ramcat was a small company and the other is since they have been purchased by a conglomerate

07-Sep-18
PECO - that is a new idea here. Ask the people who made the stuff instead of a bunch of guys with nothing better to do that read a forum.

My favorite is "Can I shoot my bow in the city/town I live???" I asked the guys writing the tickets.

10-Sep-18
Thanks for your valuable contribution, Buck Watcher. I was asking Ramcat users if they've noted any differences in flight between the slightly different variations of the broadhead, given that I had two different Ramcat models in my possession, with a distributor unwilling to make it right.

Anyway, here's a response to my email sent to Ramcat: "When the creators of the broadheads change design, the UPC and the Item numbers do not change. Eders wouldn't know about the design change, as only the actual designer and producer are made aware. I was just made aware when I brought your email up for discussion. We are baffled as to why the design changed, but the ramcat creator felt it was necessary for flight."

So even the Ramcat people didn't know about the differences. I'm just posting back here in case anyone else encounters the same thing. I don't know if the different variations fly the same. The "Hydroshock" version is the current model, and Ramcat is exchanging the older pack for the new version so that I have 6 identical broadheads.

26-Nov-18

Southstar's embedded Photo
Original on the left
Original on the left
New style
New style
I just got a new set in the mail, noticed the new packaging which led me to search the web and find this thread. This is my 3rd or 4th set of Ramcats. I still have some of my originals (cartoon looking Ramcat package) as well as the previous (silver Ramcat with blue/black/silver packaging). After compairing all three “styles” these new ones with the yellow packaging seem to be a return to the original design. I will include a pic to try and demonstrate this the best I can but what I notice is that the original and new ones have a more round scoup in the tip where the others are more oval shaped as well as having A sort of rounded body Vs these and the originals that were simple cylinder shaped bodies. I’m expecting this to be a good change getting back to how they were produced before. If it makes any difference I never noticed a differnence in performance between the different types. In the picture with two broadheads the original is on the left and black/blue silver on the right. The last pic is the new design.

26-Nov-18
...looks like the pics lost some resolution when they were uploaded but hopefully you see what I mean.

• Sitka Gear