R.I.P another legend has left us.

06-Sep-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
And a bowhunter!

06-Sep-18
the archery part was the best....wanted a bow as soon as I saw that movie.

06-Sep-18
Was he a hunter?

See some of the oddest r.i.p.’s on out door forums. Used to be a site for NM fishing. It was a good site but have little traffic, sporadic at best. Once, while perusing the different forums during a stretch of boredom, I came across a heartfelt r.i.p. post for Robyn Williams. Buried in a “miscellaneous” sub forum buried on the forum list of what was,as mentioned, a pretty inconspicuous local fishing forum posted at like, 2 I’m the morning.

I just thought wow, next to myself and the op, nobody’ll ever see this. Just seems odd.

06-Sep-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I wonder if Jon Voight ever got over his target panic?

06-Sep-18
Loved Burt as Marshal Dillons sidekick , Quint Asper , in Gunsmoke.

06-Sep-18
RIP Burt. The sound of a banjo still makes my butthole pucker up.

06-Sep-18
Not sure how much he really hunted, but I think he did do a episode of the old "American Sportsman"...

I always liked "Run Simon Run"...

06-Sep-18
I never understood how anyone could like Deliverance. Cinematography? He was a fun actor, though. Lots of laughs out there with his name on it. RIP

06-Sep-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
RIP “Bandit!” ;-)

06-Sep-18
looks like that Bear RH bleeder blade stayed intact on the man rapist! Never noticed that before!...

06-Sep-18
I grew up in Jupiter Farms. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his father several times. He owned a large property next to the feed store. Very nice and down to earth people. I’d have to say my favorite movies of his were White Lightning and Gator

06-Sep-18
X2 on Gunsmoke and White Lightening.

06-Sep-18

Zbone's Link

Bowsite linky:

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/deliverance/

07-Sep-18
Just last week watched on Amazon what was likely his last movie.... "The Last Movie Star" (?) It was almost a documentary of his career. Clearly an introspective.... reflective movie of an aging star.... who at times was an azz. Lots of clips from his "real life" movies. Much better film than I thought it was going to be. Never seen anything like it that I recall. Kinda haunting now to be honest. If you liked Burt.... check it out.

Didn't care much for his movies with no mustache...... much more fun guy in those he had one........ kinda like Sam Elliott and Tom Selleck..... Pat might think about bringing his back..... heheheheh......

07-Sep-18
RIP

Burt and his compound bow saved Ned Beatty's ass... well almost.

07-Sep-18
A legend. Best laugh ever. My uncle was a highschool friend growing up in West Palm. His name was Buddy before he went to Hollywood. Just a regular guy like the rest of us...with the exception of being married to Lonnie Anderson.

07-Sep-18
It was a recurve Ghostbird.

07-Sep-18
Oh yea Griz, that's right. It was Rambo that had the compound.

07-Sep-18
I have the exact same Bear Kodiak recurve as Jon Voight at home. Pretty cool! RIP Burt.

07-Sep-18
RIP Gator I was on a WC pit crew when Stroker Ace was being filmed at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Burt and everyone else was great to talk to.

08-Sep-18
Everyone used to love a Burt Reynolds movie, always good. Now days I wouldn't go to the liberal movies if they were free. RIP Burt.

08-Sep-18
I may have a Diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper in memory of the bandit.

08-Sep-18
Owl- "I never understood how anyone could like Deliverance." And yet you went to MHH 4 or 5 times ?? Hmm..?

08-Sep-18
Deliverance was a great movie. Burt was exceptional in that role.

08-Sep-18
Must be the banjos....... some folks have the same reaction about my bagpipes......

09-Sep-18
Could be MHH PTSD??

09-Sep-18
Could be?

Is.

11-Sep-18
*reads with pronounced eye twitch and hurries to close tab*

• Sitka Gear