Cazador 09-Sep-18
kscowboy 10-Sep-18
Chemop 10-Sep-18
yeager 10-Sep-18
Buskill 10-Sep-18
Bear Track 10-Sep-18
DE Bow Hunter 10-Sep-18
09-Sep-18
Just for the fun of it, and to change it up a little I just bought a whitetail decoy. Reading up on comments leads me to want to buy a Scent killer spray to use. Of the readily available ones, does anyone have a strong preference for one over the other? Thanks Steve

I

09-Sep-18
I like Wildlife Research Industries Scent Killer. I spray the decoy as well as the surrounding area with it than I add scent to a wick or rag and hand from decoys rack! Shawn

09-Sep-18
I like Dead Down Wind.

09-Sep-18
Home brew

09-Sep-18
Wash my clothes in Scent Killer, but I spray my boots with Primos Earth scent. Seems to work, last year I had a big hog sniff where I had walked and she flinched but didn't bust.

09-Sep-18
I wash my decoy with baking soda before each hunt let it air dry them handle with gloves. And stick in a plastic garbage bag. When I put it out I'll spray it with scent killer, and then I will put ever calm on the hocks. That's the only scent I actually put on the decoy, when it drys it comes off and doesn't sour like liquid scents. Whatever scent killer product you have confidence is what you should use, just add some other deer scents, hang a scent wick at the backend on a stick in the ground. There is no magic bullet when decoys she used, each deer will react differently' the hope is it gets their attention off you so you can make the shot.

09-Sep-18
Save your money, rubber gloves, right before you set it take mud, or dirt and rub it all over decoy. Done easy, no spray needed. Do it all the time.

10-Sep-18
Bou, what is your recipe, if you don’t mind sharing? Thanks!

10-Sep-18
If it’s anything like his mountain lion story it’s a don’t ask don’t ell recipe

10-Sep-18
I make my own also. I got the recipe from an article from this website:

www.fastestbows.com/articles/corrigan/scent_elimination_sprays.html

10-Sep-18
Whatever you choose I think you ought to try and fool a tracking dog or good bird dog with it . If you can fool the dog you’ll fool a deer .

( spoiler : you ain’t gonna fool the dog )

10-Sep-18
I've never used it on my hunting clothes but our lab up at bear camp used to stink up a storm from rolling in all sorts of dead things and beaver scent posts and 99% what ever it was sure did work. Made a believer out of me!

10-Sep-18
I use wildlife research and spray the decoy with deer dander cover spray. IMO that stuff is as close as it comes to smelling like the real thing

• Sitka Gear