smarba 12-Sep-18
rooster 12-Sep-18
samman 12-Sep-18
Mt. man 12-Sep-18
MichaelArnette 13-Sep-18
bad karma 13-Sep-18
11-Sep-18

Shug's Link
Two big shots in town (Park City) deserve to both loose their jobs...https://fox13now.com/2018/09/08/park-city-employee-faces-felony-charges-for-allegedly-stealing-hunters-equipment/

11-Sep-18
Best news I have read in a long time!

11-Sep-18
Yep. Apparently the cops found other stands, trail cams etc when their house was searched. This was repeated behavior.

Hunters in the area also had problems with vehicles being vandalized at trail heads too. I wonder if they had any part in those crimes.

11-Sep-18
They will say they thought they were cleaning up stuff abandoned in the woods, get a slap on the wrist and it will be done. Just my guess.

11-Sep-18
Spread this far and wide!

11-Sep-18
Just more do-gooders doing what do-gooders do. Not sure there is enough room in there SUBARU for all those treestands.

11-Sep-18
Saw the same story from someone back home. Having grown up and went to college in Utah (Salt Lake & Sandy) I can tell you from first hand experience Park City is extremely liberal, and the Wasatch front as a whole is becoming more and more so every year. It upsets me to say this but I highly doubt there will be any lasting repercussions for this hypocritical woman. The city will make sure its out of the news and swept under the rug quickly as the vast majority of her peers think the same way she does. Worst case scenario she may "lose her job" but it will only result in her getting some other high placed city official position. I would bet a good sum of money that were we to check her Linked-In profile in 2 years it will reflect something along these lines. I don't hate liberals, but the hypocrisy these leftist fringe types display is absurd. She's a felon and should never be able to hold a position of public office again.

11-Sep-18
I sure hope that they don't just get a slap on the wrist.....especially her.

11-Sep-18
My take is different. There are laws regarding abandoned property on public land. If you leave it in the woods, in some cases can be considered littering no matter how new and shiny and valuable. Why does someone leave items overnight? If I have a nickel for every camo item I see rotting that hunters decided to use to "claim" a waterhole in late summer then left after season ended then could buy everyone here a round of coffee tomorrow. Broken lawn chairs with name tags, etc. Is like a dog pissing on a tree to claim it. I have seen over a dozen game cams on a single public water hole. Some screwed into live tress etc. Shooing lanes hacked out of bushes and trees. Why is public land treated like a private yard where can do what you want. Just because we all own it does not mean you own ti and can hack away and leave camo crap to rot. I sometimes wonder how the Apache warrior ever managed to not starve without game cams and lawn chairs left at water holes.

11-Sep-18
I sure hope that they don't just get a slap on the wrist.....especially her. I wonder if labeling a stand (i.e. engraving, or whatever) is a wise thing to do. That way, you can be contacted if someone believes (i.e. their defense/excuse) that the stand may be "abandoned"...…..if they don't call/contact the stand owner first, theft becomes a more probable explanation.

11-Sep-18
Treewalker, I understand where you're coming from but the interview of the hunter didn't come across to me as if they were doing what you are discussing. These treestands were locked in place which these two thieves had to use bolt cutters to remove. I agree, I hate seeing public land littered but if a hunter has a treestand hung legally and is using it on a regular basis these two have no right to steal it, despite their beliefs about hunting. I think you're referring to a different type of situation (IMHO).

11-Sep-18
When you deprive someone the use of that property by taking it, that is the very definition of theft! I'm not buying the cleaning up excuse for one second!

11-Sep-18
^^^^ Yep

11-Sep-18
When stolen gear is found in your house, that's bad.

The lady is an attorney, you should find out what the Utah process is to have her disbarred. In Colorado, you file a complaint with the State supreme Court. Attorneys are held to a higher standard by judges.

11-Sep-18
When stolen gear is found in your house, that's bad. The lady is an attorney, you should find out what the Utah process is to have her disbarred. In Colorado, you file a complaint with the State supreme Court. Attorneys are held to a higher standard by judges.

Not Hillary

11-Sep-18
File the complaint, do your part Shug. I could give a crap about Hilary, Bill or any other politician.

12-Sep-18
It’d be great if a felony stuck. I hunt in these same areas. Get some nasty looks by the leaf lickers on the trails and a snide comment here or there. I’m nice no matter what.

Last Wednesday I packed out my buck to the trailhead. The token Subaru’s and a Tesla’s (the new Libmobile) were there. However, two older non-hunting ladies came up to me (a limping disheveled dirty and exhausted stranger). They were super excited to see the deer I “caught” and the big bags of meat I pulled outta my pack. They thought it was a great balance. It really made my day.

12-Sep-18
If they had bags of trash, bottles, and other debris they "might" have a claim that they were just doing their part to clean up the forest. But it's abundantly obvious that they were actively targeting legal hunters. Sounds like hunters need to leave game cams patrolling their parked vehicles too.

It's so rare to actually catch a thief like this, and then for her to be a park employee to boot. Would certainly like to see justice served.

12-Sep-18
If indeed they found other equipment in/on their property, hopefully, folks had the foresight to have their names/contact info on it to allow the authorities to contact them.

12-Sep-18
Hopefully they don't get slaps on the wrists. A skier? Talk about habitat destruction.

12-Sep-18
No lower scum than a thief in my opinion and these 2 are the lowest of the low. Animal Loving Liberalism is a true mental health disorder plain and simple. Hope they get locked up for a long while.

13-Sep-18
Yeah finding other people’s stuff at her home is the nail in her coffin.

I’m with Mitch “treewalker” I think it ought to be illegal to leave stands up and trail cameras as well for that matter on public land. Especially treestands...Since when can someone claim a tree for the whole season on land we all own. Pack it in and pack it out!

13-Sep-18
Upon conviction, she has an affirmative duty to report the conviction to attorney regulation. I will be curious how Utah treats her. I suspect she's looking at a suspension of her license, not disbarment.

• Sitka Gear