Jim Dougherty with Cape Buffalo
darralld's embedded Photo
Jim Dougherty with Cape Buffalo
A good Thanksgiving weekend.
A good Thanksgiving weekend.
Dad on one of his many trips with Fred Bear.
Dad on one of his many trips with Fred Bear.
Alaska
Alaska
Tomorrow will be three years since my dad past away. Can't believe I'm already going into my 3rd deer season without him in camp. It just isn't the same. Miss reading his back page columns. Hope you're scouting out a big one pops.

20-Sep-18
Always enjoyed reading his stuff. God bless. Hunt

20-Sep-18
RIP.

20-Sep-18
My condolences Darrall. Big personalities leave big holes that just can’t be filled. Never met the man, but a legend to look up to

20-Sep-18
Darrall,

Always looked forward to reading his articles!

Legendary!!!

Mark

20-Sep-18
We live in the same town, Darrall. We should get together sometime. Wished I would've got to meet your pops. Condolences.

20-Sep-18
Darrall, you should have enough memories and pictures for a good book. Your Pop was well thought of by lots of hunters. Even a collection of "back pages" would be an excellent read if it's legally possible. I'd buy the first copy !

20-Sep-18
Loved ordering shafts from you guys. Got to talk to your dad several times. He did love to talk and hear stories.

20-Sep-18
Your dads writing was pure class. Something that seems to be lacking in our times. Let your memories make you smile.

20-Sep-18
Rick, we should definitely get together! Don, There has been one book with his back page stuff that was put out a few years back. Dad was working on a book that was kinda complete when he passed. We have been thinking about doing something with it.

20-Sep-18
Icon

20-Sep-18
Darrall, that sounds like a great idea to me. Not to sound harsh about the current hunting mags, but I've read the "how-to" stuff so many times it's just old hat. I was always one to read cover to cover, but now not so much. I have favorites, and they're usually guys like your Dad. I thouroughly enjoyed his writing.

20-Sep-18
Always read the back page first. It was worth every copy. Your dad qas one od a kind Darrell.

21-Sep-18
Loved reading the Back Page first. I never met your dad, but from his writings, it was easy to tell he was a man of Class and Dignity. As bow hunters, we all should be thankful.

21-Sep-18
One of the best writers ever! Rest In Peace Jim.

21-Sep-18
I met your Dad once and he was a fine man and I enjoyed his writing. Hunting is never the same after losing your father. Still good, but different, and it comes to light every time you are successful or have a great story to tell and there's no way to tell him. You just have to have faith that he was there with you the whole time. Hunting and life itself are ever changing.

21-Sep-18
Sounds like he is still with you (mind and spirit). Go hunt and think of your Dad often. God Bless!

21-Sep-18
He is always with you.

21-Sep-18
A gifted wordsmith that is gone but not forgotten. RIP !

21-Sep-18
Death always leaves a scar, but the wound will heal in time.

He will be missed in Omaha next Oct. at the P&Y convention. Always attended.

• Sitka Gear