elkman52 03-Oct-18
GhostBird 04-Oct-18
t-roy 04-Oct-18
Shug 04-Oct-18
Treeline 04-Oct-18
30-Sep-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
What is your greatest single trophy animal.. Not necessarily your biggest but the one you consider your most memorable for one reason or another... Mine... It’s a mature NJ public land 5 point that I spotted bedded 100 yards away from my tree stand. I snuck down dropped into the creek next to me and slipped within 25 by keeping below the edge of the bank above me to stay out of sight and slipped an arrow through him.

30-Sep-18
I've been lucky enough to take a few animals that were high on my archery list! Since I shoot trad, anything thing I shoot is a trophy for me! I've shot 3 caribou, 2 elk and a Moose, all with my recurve! I feel so very lucky to take these animals!

30-Sep-18
A coyote that I shot around 2000. I had always wanted to shoot a coyote with my bow. I wanted a coyote rug with an "X" in it. My deer area starting getting quite a few of them. Right before slug season, I had 2 of them come by. The one at 40 was pretty, but the one at 15 was mangy. I passed as I wanted that pretty coyote. ~ 2 weeks later, the 2nd slug season started. I hiked over a 1/2 mile 2 hours before sunrise, used chest waders to cross a slough (Breaking through skim ice), and set up in a small corner adjacent to posted land. As shooting time came, the deer started flowing through. But none were in range. Eventually I look up and see this coyote coming. (He to was moving away from the slug hunters). I drew back as he came in. It was so close that I had to cant my bow to shoot. When I shot, I expected coyote to take off like a rocket. But due to canting my bow, the shot was off. I hit the coyote at the base of the skull and she just slide down the arrow. Wading across that slough during gun season, with my Lone Wolf on my back, bow in one hand and coyote slung over my shoulder as I watched these slug hunters watch me. I brought a bow to a gun fight and I won. Since that time, I have not have had another chance at a coyote. That coyote rug hangs on a wall in my bedroom.

01-Oct-18

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
The whitetail I killed last year on the mule deer-dedication hunt shortly after my wife died. Lots more going on there than the size of the antlers.

01-Oct-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
The last elk.

01-Oct-18

huntnmuleys's embedded Photo
huntnmuleys's embedded Photo
A raghorn I shot three years ago. My first solo wilderness backpack hunt kill. 22 yard heart shot with a longbow. I haven’t ever shot anything that “scores” higher.

01-Oct-18

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Prolly my 1st bow Bull.

Then my Rocky Ram

Then my Shiras Bull moose.

Good luck, Robb

01-Oct-18

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo
2015 Wyoming bull elk. Tagged this bull on day eight of a solo DIY hunt. Up until that morning, I had only seen one cow elk the entire trip. The stars aligned and the bull went down 2+ miles from camp per the GPS. Took a day and a half to get him off the mountain (six loads including the head). Totally whipped by the time I got the last load to camp, but don't believe I've ever felt a greater sense of accomplishment / personal satisfaction at the end of a hunt.

01-Oct-18
Great topic! It’s funny how often the greatest trophy isn’t the largest. Along those lines. Now I would say Mine would be the animals I helped someone with that meant a lot to them.

01-Oct-18
This years antelope buck on August 20th....exactly a month after having open heart surgery to repair my blown out mitral valve. I was so thankful, appreciative and savored every minute.

01-Oct-18

Billyvanness 's embedded Photo
Billyvanness 's embedded Photo

01-Oct-18
2015 - I shot 2 elk in about 15 mins

01-Oct-18

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
My first buck from the ground. No blind to hide in. I was just sitting up against a tree. It was gun season but I stuck with my bow. 18yd heart shot. He went down within 20yds.

01-Oct-18
All of the memories of past hunts is the best "trophy". Lots of stuff on the walls, lots of photos, lots of video ... but none are really any more special to me than any other. Just the collective memory of all the hunts, especially those involving my daughters, are the special trophy to me.

01-Oct-18
That would be my wife... ;-)

01-Oct-18

bigswivle's embedded Photo
bigswivle's embedded Photo
Hunting took on a whole new meaning for me last year

01-Oct-18

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
This would have to be it... We may never hunt Quebec again.

What a wonderful experience and hunt.

01-Oct-18

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
This guy
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
This guy

01-Oct-18

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Mule deer
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Mule deer
By far my best hunt was with my son on a Kansas spot and stock non guided. 40 mph cross wind belly crawled over 200 yds sorry it was with muzzleloader. That cross wind was tough had three bullets hit him every time but when we were down to last bullet pressure was on over 2 miles from truck that hunt I will never forget.

01-Oct-18
My first whitetail buck no doubt. It took me 3 seasons to finally connect. Nothing else comes close. He was a basket 8 that scored about 80.

That was over 30 years ago. Scary.

01-Oct-18

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
My 2004 and 2010 bucks, but honestly, my heart never pounded so hard the evening I was sitting with my then 12 year old son. A doe came by us that evening and he jerked the release and sailed the arrow over her back. But I'll never forget the excitement of his first deer encounter/shot. I was way more jacked than he was. LOL!

01-Oct-18
My greatest, was one I did not kill. It was my sons first bow deer, a doe. He’s been pretty active arrowing deer since.

01-Oct-18
Great animals! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-Oct-18

01-Oct-18

01-Oct-18

01-Oct-18

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
My first P&Y whitetail, 15 years ago. Had one of my best hunting buddies with me that day. He snapped this photo with a 35mm throw away camera. Still one of my favorite memories and photos.

01-Oct-18
Great stuff...

01-Oct-18

Bake's embedded Photo
2014 buck
Bake's embedded Photo
2014 buck
Bake's embedded Photo
First elk
Bake's embedded Photo
First elk
Bake's embedded Photo
2010 Buck
Bake's embedded Photo
2010 Buck
This is a tough one for me. I can't pick one. I've picked 3.

2010 buck and 2014 buck. They both triggered, or were the result of big-time shifts in my whitetail thinking. "Ah-Ha!!" Moments if you will.

My first elk. My first elk hunt. Walking into an OTC Colorado unit with about 5% success rate, and arrowing a bull on day 5. As a Midwest guy with no elk experience. It was a definite Ah-ha! moment. It opened a whole world of DIY western opportunities to my eyes. Let me know I could do those hunts. I haven't looked back, to my wife's regret :)

01-Oct-18

ScottyC's embedded Photo
My Illinois trophy, and my Good friend Judy Kovar
ScottyC's embedded Photo
My Illinois trophy, and my Good friend Judy Kovar

01-Oct-18

Treeline's embedded Photo
Cut this old buck across the back and killed him 3 years later
Cut this old buck across the back and killed him 3 years later
Mountain caribou dream come true
Mountain caribou dream come true
A lot of elevation and hard work after the caribou - icing on the cake!
A lot of elevation and hard work after the caribou - icing on the cake!
22 years worth of applications for the chance and managed to close the deal on a good one
22 years worth of applications for the chance and managed to close the deal on a good one
Man, this actually got me to thinking pretty hard. What is my single greatest trophy?

Not sure I can pick just one.

I have been extremely fortunate and blessed over the years to have taken a number of fabulous animals with my bow.

01-Oct-18
Seeing my son take his first animal. A 19” bear in New Brunswick on his birthday in 2008

01-Oct-18

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo

01-Oct-18
The wife walked around looking at all the dead stuff for a while and said “Me!” I had to agree!

01-Oct-18

stealthycat's embedded Photo
stealthycat's embedded Photo
solo, DIY backpack into a wilderness area, drove 6,000 miles over a 4 week period (3 trips from Ar to Co) ....back in ..... 1994 maybe ??

01-Oct-18
I know I already had a submission. But as I read the other postings, I have a theoretical tie. 1988, I had a treestand collapse and I broke my back (Compression fracture) That accident caused my realization that I was no longer invincible. I went out back hunting 8 days later (Albeit on the ground) I was just thankful to be walking! Back then, Minnesota only allowed you to archery shoot bucks during the slug season. 2nd slug season I was in a tree and managed to kill a 1.5 year old half racked buck. I could only drag him 20-25 yards at time. But I could not have been more happy as I loaded him into the back of my pickup. (With a several orange clad gun hunters looking on) Considering what happened to me or worse, I That was my first gun fight which I won with my bow!

01-Oct-18

SlipShot's Link
I would have to be my first bull elk with archery equipment. Wrote story here:

01-Oct-18

KyleSS's embedded Photo
My 225" mule deer
KyleSS's embedded Photo
My 225" mule deer
KyleSS's embedded Photo
My 347" Bull Elk
KyleSS's embedded Photo
My 347" Bull Elk
KyleSS's embedded Photo
My 169" gross White Tail
KyleSS's embedded Photo
My 169" gross White Tail
KyleSS's embedded Photo
My Son's First Trophy Photo
KyleSS's embedded Photo
My Son's First Trophy Photo
Speaking to hunting only

01-Oct-18

oldgoat's embedded Photo
oldgoat's embedded Photo

01-Oct-18
My single greatest trophy? The doe my son took last year, all on his. I knew then, the torch had been successfully passed.

01-Oct-18
Being able to run up and down mountains and rocky trails without pain after being here for 62 years, esp. after having cancer surgery. Same as I ever was - no less ability than 30 yrs ago. God has shined on me and now its bow season again. Praise Him - that is my trophy.

01-Oct-18
Winner ^^^^^^

01-Oct-18

Bowmania's embedded Photo
Bowmania's embedded Photo

01-Oct-18

01-Oct-18

01-Oct-18
The next one....all about the chase not reliving glory days. Have a couple favorite hunts that don't strongly correlate to the size of the "trophies" but they do bring back fond memories.

01-Oct-18
I've killed a boatload of animals with the bow, some could have been entered in the record book. But my single greatest trophy is an intangible...it is time. It is all the years I have bowhunted, the totality of the seasons. I first bowhunted for deer in 1957, this year is my 62nd. consecutive year bowhunting. That's my greatest trophy...all the years!

01-Oct-18
Last year when I was visiting my daughter in Kentucky. I was supposed to go down to bow hunt with her for a few days but my bow hunting was cut short by a shoulder injury. I went down anyway and set up close enough to her to lend help and enjoy her hunting. I got to witness her first bow kill on a doe. I was never so excited for someone else.

01-Oct-18

bowbender77's embedded Photo
bowbender77's embedded Photo
I will have to say that hands down my greatest trophy would be my wife. On the other hand, with over 100 big game kills with archery tackle, I will have to say my most favorite is my xtra large male Babboon from Africa.

01-Oct-18

PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
Opening day of Wisconsin gun season 2007 - a very special day for my father and I.

01-Oct-18

Windwalker's embedded Photo
Windwalker's embedded Photo
This is my best. His final P&Y score was 20 1/16th. Always wanted a 20" bear, let alone a color phase. My friend even posted the hunt on U-tube under Big Blond Bear shot down with arrow.

01-Oct-18
Great bear cool video congratulations

01-Oct-18

WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
 WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
My family. That's a 50 year old woman fella's. Great kid too.

01-Oct-18
My daughters rifle kill, was an amazing day of hunting with the kids. Sorry cannot find the pict. right now.

oz

01-Oct-18
That baboon looks like it's chillin'.

01-Oct-18

jmail20's embedded Photo
jmail20's embedded Photo

jmail20's Link
My biggest color phase shot in Manitoba with Alexis Desjardins and Alan MacCarthy. My brothers were all busting me because they all shot out the first nite. Alexis told me he had a bait that was getting hit hard but it was a long walk to get in there. It paid off with a 385 Lb Chocolate. To make it even better we got it all on video. My brothers stopped laughing when we came out this one!

01-Oct-18
Nice bear; those big color phases do not come in that often; they are truly a rare trophy.

01-Oct-18

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
BIG BEAR's embedded Photo

01-Oct-18
Outstanding ^^^^^

01-Oct-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I have been blessed with many but I say the 60 year anniversary of my 1st. Oct 4th, 1958 & the only existing photo (Illinois 2nd ever Deer season). 35 yard double lung pass thru with my 64" 45# Eddings & wood arrow tipped with a MA3 blade (I fletched the arrow with straight pins.

01-Oct-18

Mac's embedded Photo
Mac's embedded Photo
Pronghorn 81 2/8 Spot and stalk 22 yards

01-Oct-18

Cajunarcher's embedded Photo
Cajunarcher's embedded Photo
Definitely my mountain goat. Ive never works so hard and wanted any animal so bad . I’ll never forget how great and emotional I felt when I put my hands on it .

01-Oct-18
Beauty^^^^^^

01-Oct-18
Two great goats!!! One for speed and the other for the cliffs! Congratulations guys!

01-Oct-18
Wow Mac!!

01-Oct-18

jingalls's embedded Photo
Calling in a group of Toms for my daughter and watching her take two birds to tag out for the season!
jingalls's embedded Photo
Calling in a group of Toms for my daughter and watching her take two birds to tag out for the season!

01-Oct-18
Very cool^^^

01-Oct-18
The little 4 point whitetail from last year, my daughter's smile was pure joy and excitement.

01-Oct-18
My next one....

02-Oct-18
The memories of the many Quebec caribou hunts with family and friends. The camps set up there; the guests who passed through, the pristine waters filled with trout, the sunsets, the jets overhead going somewhere. Many pics to look through but the best was a dear friend who went with me on a hunt there as we both knew he did not have long to live.

02-Oct-18

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
Me and Trapper 'on top' last weekend. This was a 7 mile scramble up 'Ampersand' in the Adirondacks. Fairly steep and rocky. Trophy achievement for us three (wife, dog and me). I feel great, thank you Lord! Training run for later season.

02-Oct-18

In terms of trophy animals, my 'best' buck, a B&C qualifying blacktail from Washington (gun). 206# dressed, 12 pt. Love that buck. Around '91. With Kayak...the lab.

02-Oct-18

Best bow kill - neck shot called in to decoy. Washington, around 2002.

02-Oct-18

Trophy dog then, with his trophies. :)

02-Oct-18

Trophy dog and wife now. Pam and Trapper.

02-Oct-18

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
I have many fond trophies that are not necessarily huge or unique, but if I had to choose one, it would be a very nice non-typical mule deer I arrowed on the North Kaibab in 2000. I hunted (out-of-state at the time) for 17 days straight trying to kill this buck......and it finally came together. To date, that is till the longest hunt trip I've done and one of the most rewarding.

02-Oct-18
Great buck

02-Oct-18

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo
What a great thread! I believe as time passes, our definition of favorite memories/trophies changes with the passing years. I've been blessed to have hunted in many places and have collected some nice critters since 1978. Without doubt, bowhunting with my sons has put a whole different shine on my bowhunting time! my 19 y/o has become a solo terminator as well as a fantastic man! My 14 y/o will kill his 1st this year. So stoked!

02-Oct-18

ki-ke's embedded Photo
ki-ke's embedded Photo

02-Oct-18

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
My best bow kill This spring 405 pounds officially scored 20 13/16Shot in Manitoba with bear master outfitters

02-Oct-18
Who is that little kid Steve?... lol

Wow time flys huh

02-Oct-18
Crap-Should have said third wife.

02-Oct-18
lol

02-Oct-18

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
This was back in Kansas I believe in 1995 and had lived there for a few years. I'd killed a couple good bucks but was still trying to crack the code.......This buck was such a beast. 6.5 years old with 6 inch plus bases and a 76 inch right antler.....25 inch beams and a screwy left antler that gave him a 25 inch outside spread. I shot him at 10 yards coming off a hill and had to yell at him to stop. I was in shock as I shot him down through the back and watched his rack from behind as he ran past me. It was dark, overcast and pouring rain and this was actually in the morning but the camera flash made it look like night. His body was huge and he's the epitomy of a mature Kansas buck........

02-Oct-18
TrapperKayak; I have been at the exact spot where you and your 4-legged buddy are in the pic. My favorite mountains there are Debar, Azure, and St. Regis. Members of my parents' families 'stepped and fetched' for the estates of the rich that these mts. look down on. Was born and raised near the northern foothills of the 'Dacks. Have climbed all of the '48' back in the 1970s and bush-whacked many of the smaller ones. Left only my tracks but did enjoy the trout. Took many deer there over the years, Nothing here in OK to call a mt.

02-Oct-18
Too hard to pick one. They each have their merit but I am very proud of both my 2nd bull elk and first deer with a bow. I killed a Desert Bighorn also but we won't count that one on this site.

02-Oct-18
Being with my 17 year old son in 1994 when he shot a 6 point bull in Colorado. Took me 11 years to get my first bow bull. But his was much better! Wished I could post a picture.

02-Oct-18
Awesome all of these. Newfi, the dacks are surprisingly remote and somewhat steep, rugged, and timbered in with some very large trees...lots of water and loonnnngg stretches of uninterrupted wilderness to get lost in. I have not hunted there enough but skme areas are loaded with bear deer and turkey. and fishing is very good. People are leaving New York State at a greater rate than any other state...due mainly to the weather... You ever get back up here?

02-Oct-18
Newfi, Not sure why I felt like I needed to tell you that since you have Way more time and experience in them there mountains than I do...:)

03-Oct-18

skinner creek's embedded Photo
Fair chase gators and a cougar.
skinner creek's embedded Photo
Fair chase gators and a cougar.
MY wife, the gators aren't bad either. You know you got yourself a trophy when she plans your trip to make sure there is hunting and fishing involved.

03-Oct-18
Great thread, so many memories.

My favorite was probably a wilderness backpack spot and stalk black bear double with my bowhunting mentor Richard Eriksen. Other notables are a dall ram, my last night AZ bull elk, my last night AZ antelope, and my biggest blacktail.

03-Oct-18

BowBow's embedded Photo
Unit 16 kansas 2017
BowBow's embedded Photo
Unit 16 kansas 2017

03-Oct-18

BowBow's embedded Photo
Unit 16 kansas 2017
BowBow's embedded Photo
Unit 16 kansas 2017

03-Oct-18
My CCBG caribou in Manitoba for a number of different reasons. After reading the latest threads regarding the hunting up there now, it just makes it even more special.

03-Oct-18
Stood next to a tree on a hillside,it 2 degrees with out the wind chill,was there for 4 hours before I heard a hove hit a guardrail (that's jersey hunting) shot a big doe she only went 60yds.Just wanted to get her open to warm my hands!That hunt left more of impression on me than when I killed a 156in non typical Jersey buck.

04-Oct-18

GhostBird's embedded Photo
My first bow killed buck from 1983
My first bow killed buck from 1983
My best bow killed buck from 2013
My best bow killed buck from 2013
My daughters first deer from 2012
My daughters first deer from 2012
My daughters first turkey from 2017
My daughters first turkey from 2017
Hard to narrow it down to one.

04-Oct-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of killing a big moose. When I started bow hunting exclusively, a big moose with a bow went to the top of my list.

This hunt was epic to me in so many ways.

04-Oct-18
Great bull

04-Oct-18
Classic moose! Had to drop in the drink! Beaut!

• Sitka Gear