wooddamon1 14-Oct-18
wooddamon1 14-Oct-18
kscowboy 14-Oct-18
Panther Bone 14-Oct-18
Jaquomo 14-Oct-18
Panther Bone 14-Oct-18
The Kid 15-Oct-18
13-Oct-18
I’m heading to CO from TN in a couple weeks to hunt mulies. Are there any great sporting goods stores we shouldn’t pass up?

I’ve done The Pyramid in Memphis many times duck hunting.

Thanks, guys

13-Oct-18
I used to stop at Bass Pro in Saint Louis. Now, I just hammer down till I get a ways on the backside of Loveland Pass. Where I stop at a wally world for a license. All the stopping and gawking turns a 28 hour trip into a 34 hour trip.

13-Oct-18
Cabelas in Nebraska is a great place to go

13-Oct-18
If you are into mule deer, the Cabelas in Kansas City offers an impressive display at their Mule Deer Museum. Store is minutes off I-70.

13-Oct-18
pav is right ! Very impressive, a whole room full of full body mulies. Two things I always do if I get close to KC, see the mulies and eat at Famous Dave's Barbecue.

13-Oct-18
A man after my own heart, Don!

X3 on the mule deer display in the Kansas City Cabelas.

14-Oct-18
If you are into traditional archery, RMSG in Denver is one of rhe best traditional shops in the country.

14-Oct-18
Rmsgear.com has modern archery side now, Knifes and packs from Kifaru and Mystery Ranch too, also carry Sitka Gear. Way better than the big box stores!

14-Oct-18
X4 on the mulie room in Kansas City. I would guess there are 50 deer in there that would top the biggest you will ever see in the wilds. I recall they even had two pack mules or horses mounted, moving a camp into the high country. On the other hand, a visit there might be frustrating later on when all you see is "normal deer".

14-Oct-18
We started elk hunting 20 years ago and on the first trip to CO we stopped at Cabelas in KC and ate lunch at Aurther Bryant's. We all had long lists of things we wanted to look at and buy! How things have changed. We still stop every year because it has become a ritual but seldom does anyone buy anything! We marvel at how little the selection has gotten on our must have items. Time and the internet has sure changed how we shop! I can't help but feel that most of the mule deer mounts along with the store itself are from a time long ago that we have lost!

14-Oct-18
Yep, KC Cabela's for the mulies.

14-Oct-18
Oh, and good luck!

14-Oct-18
"Two things I always do if I get close to KC, ......eat at Famous Dave's Barbecue."

This might be the worst advice I've ever seen on this site. Do not eat a Minnesota CHAIN when going through Kansas City. There are much better, local options available to you. Joe's Kansas City is probably the most popular of the lot. There is an Arthur Bryant's in The Legends development where the Cabela's is located. It's not the original location but it's still good and much better than Famous Dave's:).

14-Oct-18
Thanks, guys. We will for sure check out the mulie display.

We are hunting with Limmer’s outfit. I hope we get into some good deer. Thanks for the well wishes.

14-Oct-18
You'll see some great deer hunting with CWO. Are you hunting first rifle season? Seeing them and closing the deal with a bow is a whole different deal than rifle hunting out there. Good luck and have fun!

14-Oct-18
Yes, Jaq. It’s a rifle hunt, Nov. 6-11 which makes it second week I do believe. It’s his foothills unit; not the western plains hunt. I got the 7mag dialed up and ready.

15-Oct-18
2nd KsCowboy. Go to Joe's and order a Z-Man when you pass through KC.

• Sitka Gear