Bowriter 17-Oct-18
drycreek 17-Oct-18
Kodiak 17-Oct-18
Rut Nut 17-Oct-18
Bowriter 17-Oct-18
elkmtngear 17-Oct-18
Don K 17-Oct-18
16-Oct-18
Due to a couple incidents I had last Friday and again on Sunday, I am not able to make the trip to Mexico Beach. Caravan is leaving tomorrow. I hate that. But just as bad, I have to possibly postpone placing stands on my new property. Wife-woman has made me an appointment with my cardiac doctor for this morning. I have come to the conclusion, dragging a 100-pound deer, 400-yards and over two fences will make anyone get tired and have to lie down. No need to go to a heart doc. However, wimmens be of their own mindset.

16-Oct-18
Better safe than sorry. Or dead.

16-Oct-18
Have some stents put and keep dragging, just don't ever cut yourself, the antiplatelet drugs will have you putting down a pretty impressive blood trail!

16-Oct-18
Good luck with the appointment John, we don't like to admit it, but the women are usually right in these matters.

16-Oct-18
My buddy and fellow friend of Bill passed last year at 64. His wife said to me at the wake “don’t ignore your body telling you somethings wrong “ Turns out he had pain for quite some time in his leg that was a blood clot and went to his heart! Don’t be macho (ie: stupid) get checked out!!! You have many enjoyable years left!

16-Oct-18
Be careful and just shoot smaller deer to be safe

16-Oct-18
John get it checked out for your piece of mind as well as all your family and friends. We enjoy having you on this forum Good luck

16-Oct-18
Doc. has me schedule for a stress test but felt like my only problem was, I have a 74-year old heart and still think I am 24. BP was 123/64 and everything else seemed normal.

16-Oct-18
Best of luck to you John, praying for a good outcome on your visit.

16-Oct-18
Good luck with you dr. appt. Bring you a big sack of taters along to drag behind you on the stress test to simulate dragging a deer. Make it as real as possible.

17-Oct-18
Friend of mine got tired all the time, in fact took naps on the drive home from work. I would have thought sleep apnea. He went to the doctor. 95% blockage in three places, triple bypass surgery. No other signs other than getting tired.

Saved his life.

17-Oct-18
I reckon I am fine. Drug a pretty good size doe about 150-yards, this morning without stopping. Then, realized, I left my dang climbing harness back where I field dressed her, so had to round trip that. Got a pretty full afternoon planned. I figure, I am going to have more problems with my knees than I am my heart on that stress test thing. Last One I took, they quit after a bit cause they couldn't get my heart rate over 120.

17-Oct-18
Ohiohunter, I believe that has all changed in the last 15/20 years. It's not only healthcare folks, it's everyone. It seems like few in the workforce now give a damn about the public that they "serve".

John, good luck with your health, ain't any of us getting any younger.

17-Oct-18
Mayo Clinic says:

"The basic way to calculate your maximum heart rate is to subtract your age from 220. For example, if you're 45 years old, subtract 45 from 220 to get a maximum heart rate of 175. This is the maximum number of times your heart should beat per minute during exercise."

17-Oct-18
Yeah, what do doctors know?! Good idea to blow off the stress test ...........................probably just a waste of time! Just keep doing what you been doing........................................it's worked for this long! ;-)

17-Oct-18
Rut Nut, ever heard of tongue in cheek. They serve it in all the best restaraunts. My wife, Dr, Jeanne Sloan, doesn't even let me blow off the dust on my treadmill.

17-Oct-18
"Last One I took, they quit after a bit cause they couldn't get my heart rate over 120"

Translation... "I had to quit after quite a bit, because I couldn't get my heart rate above 120"

The machine has the ability to keep going steeper and faster...up to marathoner levels. If the patient has the physical ability, you can always get them to their target heart rate, no matter what kind of shape they are in.

If your heart goes in to some type of block, or refuses to go up otherwise, it's not always a healthy sign (eg: Sick Sinus Syndrome).

Don't listen to me, I'm just rambling. I've been performing stress tests on geriatric patients, for almost 30 years now.

17-Oct-18
Buy a deer cart!!

• Sitka Gear