GF 26-Oct-18
Bowfreak 27-Oct-18
Trial153 27-Oct-18
Jaquomo 27-Oct-18
RogBow 27-Oct-18
Bowfreak 28-Oct-18
midwest 28-Oct-18
26-Oct-18
I've seen a lot of politically-minded threads here, so I hope this one won't get shut down.

https://outdoorindustry.org/2018-voters-guide/

Consider the source and make up your own mind; everybody's got an agenda, but at least these folks are pretty open about what theirs is...

26-Oct-18

elkstabber's Link
Looks like good info for non-hunting outdoors people. Their website explains how candidates are evaluated. Notice that their position on the 2nd Amendment is not included. Their position on any kind of hunting is also not included.

Notice also that this group is based in Boulder, CO which is well known to be very liberal.

26-Oct-18
Interesting presentation for sure.

26-Oct-18
Endorsing Gavin Newsom tells me all I need to know. The list is junk when none of the criteria have anything to do with 2A rights. They are endorsing anti-gunners becasue they are strong on issues such as public land and "climate." Public land access doesn't mean squat to me if all you can do is walk through the property because your guns have been taken away.

26-Oct-18
What a joke. Sounds a lot like Backcountry hunters and anglers. Another Green Decoy.

26-Oct-18
Don't judge too quickly - the outdoor industry sells a huge amount of gear to hunters & fishermen...

And FWIW....

Like him or not, it looks like Trump has pretty much eliminated any 2A concerns, so maybe now would be a good time for Outdoorsmen (& Women) to do something to keep him from selling out our public lands to his big-business buddies in gas, oil, mining, etc. and we get some clean water protections back in place...

26-Oct-18
Good point GF. We hunters want to have public land to roam and to keep our guns. The truth is that neither party is our friend. We have to carefully choose the candidates that represent us.

26-Oct-18
Not a good point IMHO.....supporting a guy who is an anti gunner that has aspirations for the White House in 2020 is ridiculous.

I'm not going to or never will die on the public land issue. While hunting is important to me and public land access is important to me, first and foremost I support people who support the second amendment and have R's in front of their names. Assuming the current climate doesn't change I will in no circumstance ever vote for a Democrat on the national level because regardless of them being blue dogs, moderates or whatever else.....when push comes to shove they will caucus with the leftist Democrats in charge of the party. Caucusing with the current crop of Democrats is a loss for America.

26-Oct-18
Well GF is from Connecticut. Not many good conservatives in that part of the country. Don't be fooled the left is always sneaky trying to fool you into voting for them.

26-Oct-18
My public lands are just as important as gun rights, maybe even more so. Those that live in the east probably don't feel as strongly.

26-Oct-18
Yeah, that whole Think For Yourself/Vote For The Person, Not The Party/Multi-Issue Voter thing is just a great big Libberel Kunspearacy....

Just when you put in for your tag, remember to make that check out to either Vladimir Putin or Exxon, depending on the Unit.

27-Oct-18
GF,

I am thinking for myself. The safe thing to say on a hunting site is that public land access is the hill I'll die on. My thoughts would be the same regardless of where I lived. If I lived in the west and only had public land to hunt it wouldn't change for me.

I want public lands to hunt but beneficial use of our public lands are just as important to me. I want them to drill for oil, graze cattle and do whatever they can to generate money from the land.

There are issues that will always be more important to me than public land access. A vote for a Denocrat gets you Obamacare, transgender bathrooms at public schools and a Ruth Bader Ginsburg type on the SCOTUS.

27-Oct-18
Wonderful how every discussion degrades to the lowest common denominator. Party affiliation. Pretty freaking sad how America has been hoodwinked..

27-Oct-18
As Nobel Laureate Thomas Mann wrote in about 1920, "We are most likely to get angry and excited in our opposition to some idea when we ourselves are not quite certain of our own position, and are inwardly tempted to take the other side."

27-Oct-18
"Pretty freaking sad how America has been hoodwinked.."

Yes, to say the least.

28-Oct-18
It's not party affiliation it is that the left does not stand for what I stand for. It really is that simple.

....and Lou, I have never been tempted to take the other side with a leftist.

28-Oct-18
I'm not willing to save public land at the cost of my right to hunt it. ARA's don't vote red.

• Sitka Gear