Ron Niziolek 29-Oct-18
Bou'bound 29-Oct-18
Shawn 29-Oct-18
Jaquomo 29-Oct-18
South Farm 31-Oct-18
Mint 31-Oct-18
Missouribreaks 31-Oct-18
29-Oct-18
I'd go but I'm kinda of a nut when it comes to bow hunting. When the adrenaline is coursing through your body you wont feel any pain drawing your bow. Now you may have to call 911 afterwards but you can put that as a positive as well. The first responders can help you get your big buck out.

Sorry I'm not a doc or had the surgery, so I cant be of any real help to you. I'd still go though.

29-Oct-18
You need to ask your doctor. Maybe take your bow to his office to show him what drawing it entails. I love the guys on bowsite but not for medical advice!

29-Oct-18
Listen to your doc. I had it done long ago, but during the winter...so while I wasn't hunting it was a few weeks before I got back to indoor shooting.

Today's laproscopic methods are minimally invasive, but those small abdominal incisions still get your attention. After a few weeks I'd be more concerned wkth dragging out a deer.

29-Oct-18
I'd go as well. My gall bladder surgery was more of an inconvenience than painful. I was shooting a bow within a few days. Shooting a bow won't be a problem, getting the deer out could be. Good luck!

29-Oct-18
I don’t ask my doctor where to set stands or my hunting buddies how to rehab from surgical procedures. It’s worked well to this point

29-Oct-18

29-Oct-18
I'm with Ron. The drag will be your concern.

31-Oct-18
That's ironic! I had my gall bladder out and had to watch helpless out my patio door as a big 10 chased a doe around my back yard, too! I wonder how they know??

Anyway, as I recall I was back bowhunting in about 6-8 weeks, but I honestly think I could've gone sooner. If you feel "icky" at all...or have a nasty alkaline taste in your mouth/burps get back to your doctor ASAP! I had to have a second surgery to clear a blocked duct of residual sludge that damned near killed me, literally.

31-Oct-18
I donated a kidney to my wife on September 21st and was able to shoot my 47lb recurve a month later. Walking basically the whole night after my surgery and the following days took a bunch of weeks off my rehab. They wanted me walking a lot but not lifting anything over 1lb for a week, 5 lbs the second week, then 20 lbs etc.

31-Oct-18
Good luck on your hunt KC.

• Sitka Gear