Family friendly, AZ elk or deer?
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
tkjwonta 10-Nov-18
dirtclod Az. 10-Nov-18
Heat 10-Nov-18
400 Elk @Home 10-Nov-18
10-Nov-18
I've got the points to draw either a lower end AZ elk tag or the Kaibab archery deer tag. Which do you think would make for a better hunt to have the family along?

I have a son that will be 5 next year and he's showing some interest in hunting. I'd like to include him in some parts of the hunt, but likely not the whole time.

I typically backpack in for mule deer, so this hunt would be a bit different and include an RV/cabin/hotel stay.

I'd love to hear any thoughts that you have, I'm considering the early archery elk hunts in 6a and 6b, if that makes any difference.

10-Nov-18
Kiabab... by yourself would be best in my opinion.IF you get drawn you probably would want to spend all your time focusing on that once in a lifetime hunt,who knows if you'll draw it again.6a-6b great areas for family.Plenty of places nearby for hotels/showers etc.

10-Nov-18
X2 Kaibab. National Parks and other sights are not far away.

10-Nov-18
I took my 5 year old on a hunt in 12 AE and it was a blast. We stayed in a tent but could stay in hotel at Jacob Lake. We went to the park and had a great time. Easy hunt for the family and a lot of fun.

• Sitka Gear