papadeerhtr 19-Nov-18
Brotsky 19-Nov-18
Z Barebow 19-Nov-18
copperman 19-Nov-18
grizzley21 19-Nov-18
PAOH 19-Nov-18
carcus 20-Nov-18
10-Nov-18
Currently I have a pair of Cabela's Stand Master bibs that I wear when it's really cold. They are great for stand hunting in the cold but they are super bulky! Typically I pack them in with me to prevent overheating not to mention they're cumbersome to walk in. Does anyone have experience with them compared to the Sitka Fanatic bibs? I would love to have something less bulky but I don't want to sacrifice the warmth. I sat 12 hours today in 20 degree temps with a north wind and really didn't get cold.

10-Nov-18
I have insulated Predator jacket and pants. I wear a liner underneath and the work real well. I've sat in the single digits and teens often in the December hunts and it will do good. Predator does make an insulated bib that looks good. The reviews are good. Not sure if this is what you're looking for but it's something to think about.

http://shop.predatorcamo.com/ambush-insulated-bib/#reviews

10-Nov-18
IWOM or heater body suit?

10-Nov-18
If you can stay on stand for 12 hours in 20 degree weather....not sure you can ask for much more...bulky or not. I would think "bulky" bibs or pants shouldn`t be a issue in a stand as you don`t really move much.

10-Nov-18
I ordered an iwom xt and used it for the first time tonight. I was very impressed. It is bulky to pack in, but is didn’t have to put on a bunch of layers. I used a boat to get me back into a spot and managed to get water in my boots, and they were soaked. I figured I went that far I would still sit as long as my feet would let me. They never got cold in the iwom and I sat until dark. Definitely give it a thumbs up.

11-Nov-18

McCree's embedded Photo
McCree's embedded Photo
Franklin, I agree...I can't ask for much more in the warmth category, just wish they weren't so bulky. Maybe that's just the price to pay for warmth and I need to stop being so picky. I also recently added boot blankets based on recommendations on another post. I'm sold! I worn uninsulated Muck boots with boot blankets with hand warmers in the toes with no issues!

11-Nov-18
The best bibs for warmth to weight that I have had are the sitka incinerator bibs. They are about as streamline low bulk bib as you will find.

11-Nov-18
Macree….is that of pic you and your bibs? Where is the "bulk"....lol...those actually look pretty streamlined. I was expecting some gigantic puffy things like George Castanza in the Seinfield show "The Gortex Coat".

For years I have been carrying my clothes to my stand, even in early season. I never walk in dressed as I get sweated up and feel like I ruined the hunt. I have a pack I strap my clothes, rattling horns, seat cushion etc. to and walk in just my long underwear. IMO it looks like you have a good system going.

11-Nov-18
Cabelas stand hunter extreme stuff is awesome, too bad it no longer available, I have the one piece and its warm enough for anything Manitoba can throw at me.

11-Nov-18
How are those bibs walking through the woods, I assume burrs love it lol

11-Nov-18
How are those bibs walking through the woods, I assume burrs love it lol

11-Nov-18
If you can find a used pair, Sitka’s incinerator’s are unbeatable.. weight, thought out, and amazing fit..

11-Nov-18
And kind of bag system is the way to go. I like my iwoms and warmbags over the heater body suit simply because I don't have to take them off to shoot. Bags keep you warm head to toe. When it's way below zero and they drop you off in the dark up in Alberta and will only be picking you up in the dark that evening and there's no cell service. Well..you better have something that WILL keep you warm all day.

11-Nov-18
I’m with Trial153. A big part of what you get for your money with high end stuff like Sitka is performance without bulk.

The Incinerator bibs are awesome!

18-Nov-18
With the IWOM system are you able to move your feet while in the stand to shoot on either side?

19-Nov-18
Personally, I feel like the Fanatic coat is a little bulky. I don't have the bibs. Maybe I should have gotten a smaller size? It's not terrible, but I feel like generally anything you are going to wear in the kind of weather referenced is going to be a little bulky.

19-Nov-18
McCree: The Sitka Bibs come with two way zippers so you put them on in advance unzip the sides while walking in to keep from overheating then zip them up at stand. The Fanatic Lite Bibs and Fanatic Bibs are all I need for the entire season. Layering the Kelvin pants underneath keep me toasty. Good luck!

19-Nov-18
Check out Arctic Shield by far the warmest ive owned. Light weight not bulky and comfortable. reasonably priced I got mine on amazon for 89 dollars couple years ago.

19-Nov-18
First Lite Sanctuary bibs are excellent.

19-Nov-18
+2 On First Lite Sanctuary bibs. I use them stand hunting in ND (Into January).

19-Nov-18
+3 on sanctuary bibs by First Lite

19-Nov-18
x4 with the sanctuary bibs,, also they are on sell starting 11/20/18 on first lite website

19-Nov-18
+5 on first lite sanctuary bibs

20-Nov-18
I froze my arse on my last day hunting and it wasn't that cold, im not happy with my grey wolf woolens bibs and jacket, the quality is ok, the jacket fit is weird and its not that warm despite ordering the warmest they had, seeing this thread has me thinking for the sanctuary line, I have a one piece cabelas stand hunter extreme that I should have worn that day, wish I would have bought the bibs and jacket as well when they were still available!!

• Sitka Gear