IdyllwildArcher 13-Nov-18
sticksender 13-Nov-18
Jaquomo 13-Nov-18
HuntinWyo 20-Nov-18
13-Nov-18

HuntinWyo's embedded Photo
HuntinWyo's embedded Photo

HuntinWyo's Link
We (Muley Fanatics, SE Wy Chapter) have an exciting commissioner's license raffle going on right now, with pretty awesome 2nd and 3rd prizes as well.

Drawing to be held January 21, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. (MST)

13-Nov-18
Can I buy all of the tickets?

13-Nov-18
$100x300=$30,000.... Hmmmm

13-Nov-18
Pretty cheap commissioners tag at $30K. See you in Wyo, Lou! ;-)

13-Nov-18
Tag would turn out closer to 25K because you also get second and third prizes!

13-Nov-18
Didnt someone do that last year?

13-Nov-18
Yea some douche bag did last year...not sure if it was this raffle or another one in WY.

13-Nov-18
It was the BOW raffle not this one.

13-Nov-18
I am not saying this to be a wise ass. Is there an elk tag in Wy worth 30k ? If so what unit? 7? 63/64? 54? AZ 9 or 23 ..maybe Utah, SanJaun ..Beaver? Fillmore? NM maybe 16d and 16a Nevada 114/115,231...

But WY??

13-Nov-18
So someone is a jerk for donating money fair and square?

13-Nov-18
One person buying all the tickets, yea in think that constitutes a jerk. It's a raffle not an auction. The impetus of a conservation raffle is involving people and alerting them to a cause. It spurs a sense of involvement not mention gives some a chance a something collectively that they most likely couldnt purchase on there own. Otherwise dont hold the raffle at all and just sell the tag, you garner the money but no awareness to the cause and your organization.

13-Nov-18
James makes sense. I was thinking from a purely hunting standpoint and what units in the country have a consistant reputation for high end bulls. WY didnt come to mind. Not that it couldn't just didnt. Not a nock on wy either as I love hunting there and dont begrudge my money going towards wildlife conservation there.

13-Nov-18
The "buy 'em all" trick wouldn't really make sense though. They auction a bunch of these tags, selling for roughly half that price.

13-Nov-18
Think that BOW raffle cost for all the tickets was $15K.

There are definitely some great opportunities for big bulls in Wyoming, especially if a guy is willing to hire an outfitter and go into the back country on some of those late season tags to catch the migration out of the park.

13-Nov-18
Maybe Lou was asking, in a round about way, if they protected for the “buy them all” gal? I believe BOW has that safeguard in place for their next commissioners raffle.

One could hunt the White Mountain Apache Reservation for less than $30,000...

13-Nov-18
This is for the 2019 season. I’m in.

13-Nov-18
Yes by Denny Austad in Utah.

13-Nov-18
Yes, I am a douchebag, but my question was hypothetical. I wouldn't even think of something like that but I personally know people with the means and desire to do it just because they can....

20-Nov-18

HuntinWyo's Link
Sorry to just now be responding - no restrictions on this raffle for purchasing tickets. You can buy as many as you'd like. We're trying to raise awareness, and make this something the "ordinary Joe" can have a chance of winning - that's why it's a raffle - but we're also doing amazing things (conservation/habitat, enforcement, research and youth projects) with the money. So, if someone wants to spend a chunk of change on the remaining tickets, we'll gladly take the cash and put it to good use. Thanks to all of you purchasing tickets - and good luck!

• Sitka Gear